Hondo's Bar

Your personal playlist

The NZA

ok, so i ripped this off of Panch's myspace & posted it to mine, thought id share a few choice songs with folks here. Lemme know what you enjoy, feel free to make one & post it here too!

create_green.jpglaunch_green.jpgget_green.jpg

ps its mostly hip-hop for now, yes, but there's a small amount of jazz, j-pop, techno rage, cash & bjork towards the end.

if you're wondering "why so much hip-hop though? also, this is the best ive ever heard, your taste is awesome" then yes, thank you, and the answer is: i feel its my duty to educate the masses who hate the genre for its current radio offerings, or worse yet, love the genre for its current radio offerings. that is all.

Shit, i keep doing that! thought it was music...ok, its there now.

glad you like it, anything in particular? i should add more of their first album. Im just sad they dont have "rolling with heat" by the roots.

well, you gotta check out "the seed 2.0" then, and "the web" is more old-school sounding. i tried to only put my 2 favorite songs per artists unless i couldnt decide or, in a few cases, i just settled for what they had/could find (though i was impressed by the selection).

that musta been cool. but we got a thread for talking about how awesome the Roots are; work on your lists & post em, people!

weve had several attempts to share music before but its been tricky finding space & getting others in on the downloading/feedback. Here's a system where a fair amount of it is easily found & hosted, and you can just stream it at a good speed too! Cmon, it could be fun picking up new shit from each other here.

suprisingly nick i like some of the earlier stuff you have there, particularly the a tribe called quest stuff.

not too shabby at all

doj some of the enigma stuff is'nt bad, there are a few other pieces aswell but i can't remember the names of em.

i'll go through it better tomorrow.

just a suggestion make your playlists a bit shorter, it'd take hours to go through ye're playlists and people might skip gems cos it's too daunting.

here's mine about 14 songs i think.

it's a chillout late night playlist pretty similar to what i'm listening to at the moment.

it's mix of classical and modern music

create_black.jpglaunch_black.jpgget_black.jpg

Tribe takes turns with Wu for my favoritest group. :FHD: theyre just mellow, jazzy, sometimes conscious and sometimes bullshitting. theyre one of the last groups left alive i gotta see in concert one day, so yeah, ill happily send my favorite disc of theirs your way sometime.

comments on DoJ & ASC's picks forthcoming as i hears them more. keep it going, people!

Tribe takes turns with Wu for my favoritest group. :eh: theyre just mellow, jazzy, sometimes conscious and sometimes bullshitting. theyre one of the last groups left alive i gotta see in concert one day, so yeah, ill happily send my favorite disc of theirs your way sometime.

while i appreciate the offer, you could just tell me your favourite album and i could then download it.

saves you a lot of hassle.

although i do love getting stuff in the post, it makes me feel special.

also the fact it's from america makes it all exotic and thing*

* "and thing" i brought her outta retirement due to 2t's return,

he always loved that phrase

Midnight Marauders. just a fun, laid-back album that i never get tired of looping, myself. Ill find you a torrent if you like.

enjoying your wee list so far, must say, State Trooper helped me out when i was finishing up the new forum. that's like my favorite Springstreen one, fuck Dancing in the Dark.

Midnight Marauders. just a fun, laid-back album that i never get tired of looping, myself. Ill find you a torrent if you like.

enjoying your wee list so far, must say, State Trooper helped me out when i was finishing up the new forum. that's like my favorite Springstreen one, fuck Dancing in the Dark.

downloading it now.

yeah, it's nice background music, great for late night drinking, philosophical discussion and drawing.

i totally agree on the springsteen i much prefer his darker stuff

Archived