Hondo's Bar

Left 4 Dead

The NZA

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dude, you buy and sell your wii on a daily basis. you trade phantasy star 2 for saints row and cooking mama on a whim. if i knew how to sell things to you, my old college would give me an honorary degree in marketing.

grabbing the demo tonight, cant wait. i know videos look like "shoot zombies, move around, shoot more" but its the co-op im relying on, we'll see if im right.

ok, ran through the demo with a shit team at first (they let each other die!), then beat the single player one, now im going back in for thirds. i definitely see the "different game every time" thing; the maps might get repetitive once weve explored every nook & cranny but the AI's great, waves of them just bumrush you outta fuckin nowhere. i might be sold...2 quick questions, though:

1) can we play local + multi? i know that's not a common feature, but im wondering if valve ran with it. if i can split screen local with panch and play with 2 hondonians, that'd be cool.

2) i really dont have the budget for games right now, might take some effort...but i gotta know its worth it. Bishopcruz insists he'll be all over hondo's play; what about the rest of youse? newt, add-riddled skeet, theloganprime, any other takers? if i know i got at least 3 solid co-op buddies, i think im sold.

...ok, so after 2 more games online - and having to boot 2 more PK'ers, back-to-back (mebbe its the deviant hour im playing?), i gotta say, this one's almost a no-go without solid hondonian co-op. who griefs a fucking demo?! im so not renewing live if this is what random games gets you more often than not.

Hell's a PKer?

Nick'll find my thoughts on L4D in his Live messages, but here's the quick version- I didn't realise this was basically HL2 with hyperzombies. Shit is crazy awesome. Haven't played online, but went through single for a mish or two last night, killed the lights for ambience(while alana was downstairs using my laptop) and the poor gal couldn't handle it. The fact that you're in an empty space, register impact from behind and turn arou-OMFGZOMBIESBYHUNJEDS is unique and awesome. It's frantic, quick gameplay which I like, def down for some co-op this weekend if we can sync watches(don't forget Horde tho).

yeah, figured as much. some shit with you, i can call, some i cant. like i said, play online a few times, watch how different the levels are with the AI and zombies spawning wherever. a formerly calm room turns hellish so fast, it feels like nowhere's safe sometimes.

ps: PKer = Player Killer, someone who takes out people on their team cause they think its funny or are simply covered in douchewater.

granted, ive missed out on the joy of fallout 3 thus far, but...does zombie-killing with groups of friends not sound awesome to you? cause im saying, i can see shit getting repetitive, but if any team were to try to keep things innovative here, i think its valve.

I got Fallout 3 on my computer, but I can't get around to play it. When i got dead space, I beat it in 2 days. i was all over that game. But I can't seem to get into Fallout. Is something wrong with me?

As for Left for dead, I gotta get this soon.

you picked that one up? jesus, ive got so many great things to borrow off you in the future, sir.

im off till uh, weds, though i have some alleged renovation duties tomorrow. that aside, pick a time, im so down to play, we'd just need to coordinate with skeet and one other hondonian.

ok, so tonight's game was me, newt, space cowboy and his friend (stoopid skeeter came late to the party... :birf2: ). i gotta say, i think im sold, if we can do this on an even semi-regular basis.

newt & i blazed through normal mode, and advanced wasnt too bad in retrospect. expert, or hardcore, or whatever the top tier was? holy shit, i think we took 10 tries just attempting to leave the first house. clusterfucks pour in without any real notice, often led by a fatty that blinds you. better yet, being the shotgun messiah means never having to say you're sorry having to aim ever-so-careful, as one dead-on shot will take out a teammate, obviously a piss-poor idea in the heat of battle - even helping them back up means theyre ready to die again soon. friendly fire is a brilliant bitch here.

after what felt like an hour or two, we cleared the first level, but all the strategery we could come up with (good call on the pipe bombs, space!) still left us all hobbling over to act 2's grand finale, where even a gatling gun, molotov cocktails and fairly decent AI couldnt save us from the hordes. shit was insane.

i invited a few friends to join; guy works at gamestop called it "broken" due to AI and not having a zombie cap (i totally didnt get that, i love not knowing how many will show up where this time), sen's brother just said he felt like he played it with the source mod before. online, shit's not getting a ton of love from some places, and i can see why, but playing with friends makes it crazy-awesome.

i hate live sometimes. i never know why that happens, was just talking with a friend before that too.

woulda used the keyboard, but for whatever reason, that was a no-go as well. ah well, you'da been 10 minutes earlier, idve just invited you to the game. next time, then.

Played for a few hours today with some random folks, then later on with Space Cowboy and his brother. Holy crap this game is fun as hell, tense as hell too, and motherfucking EVIL.

First game kinda sucked because none of my teammates knew what they were doing, it was fixed soon enough in the second game, where we had a tense as hell final showdown that left me down on the ground firing my pistols at a tank as I prayed for the remaining survivors to get on the boat.

The game with CUSC taught me that Zombie be damned, the natural enemy to apocalypse survivors are three planks of wood placed between the rooftops of buildings. Split screen takes a little while to get used to, major graphic downgrade, but man plaing with Angel, John and his brother was AWESOME!

Archived