Hondo's Bar

Left 4 Dead

The NZA

800px-Left4Dead_promo.jpg

That really says much of what i wanted to say.

Mind you; if i didint have an xbox already, the idea of 4-player co-op vs turbo-zombies, holding up in safe houses across town, wouldve sold me. By the time they get into the AI shit and especially the notion of vs matches allowing players to chose the zombie team? This is one of those "why the fuck hasnt been done before?!" ideas like, you know...Portal.

Amazon thinks its due in October or so, no one's committing but its valve, so itll get here when it does and if its like what you see above, i will adore it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

game keeps soudning better and better. I especially like the fact that everyone has to stay close to eachother, and that you help keep your friends alive. Apparently there are monsters that you can't shake off by yourself, you need a friend to get them off of you. That sounds pretty sweet.

ditto, or better, I'll drop the controller and make my husband play while i hide under the blankets like i did with resident evil...

Well Amber's a bigger wuss than I am, she'll probably just be sleeping in a helmet and bulletproof vest for when I wake up screaming and pelting the room with airsoft pellets.

You would be if you were dressed in green armor and the zombies were all bumpy and tended to explode every now and then.

See I thought that was a Viva Pinata reference until I remembered how much you hate Halo.

I mean really though, I has no friends to co-op with, and survival horrors don't carry enough weight on their own for me.

See I thought that was a Viva Pinata reference until I remembered how much you hate Halo.

I mean really though, I has no friends to co-op with, and survival horrors don't carry enough weight on their own for me.

Okay... then remind me why it is you like Halo again?

Man, offtopicery is rife with this awards bullshit.

Halo-It's fun and simple. It doesn't tax my brain with it's mechanics and you can just jump in and blow chunks off skittery little bastards remind me of Jabba The Hutt's laughing little chum, and aliens big & mean-looking enough to make me feel like a champ when I headshot 'em. Frankly, it's FPS slumming that boosts my ego whenever Gears of War shows me how poor I am.

Cooking Mama- Is fucking fun. You cut, chop, dice, sautee the afternoon away by yourself or with a mate. You'd be surprised how hot(ha!) things can get around a tv with 4 people and a minestrone soup.

ah, right, so you havent played one since Resident Evil 1, then? mebbe 2? that's still ten years back, man.

im telling you: jump on this wagon while there's room, sir. You're just gonna feel awkward when everyone's playing it this fall and its all awesome and shit.

Spot on, man. I tragically have Shenmue, Resident Evil 2 & Code Veronica for the DC sitting there, waiting for me to get my head back to 1999, and refuse to let myself move on until I play 'em. Even then though, I played 5 minutes of the Resident Evil 4 Wii port and rubbished it. And in fairness I did play and complete Condemned, if that counts.

it does - its not the finest of the genre but its not a bad game, i forget if you dug it or not. Id only try to sell you on the Silent Hill series if you're into horror as the engine itself isnt the high point - but RE4, no good? that was a great action game if nothing else; i adored it on Gamecube (*nods to SB*), PS2 version was great too if you sees it cheap, might prefer the classic control setup.

So much love for '99, and yeah, if they'dve had AU games at that recent con you know idve swept em up for you. Either way, judging just on looks so far/concept? if i was to pitch a survival horror game to you personally - and again, we're looking at early builds so far - itd be this one or RE5, and likely more this one so you'd play with the lot of us, i really think this has the potential to be an online meetup game. Valve = quality, and at the least? a forthcoming demo to see where you stand.

man, after all the hype - and granted, i played the shitty PS3 version first, but - i was wondering if i was the only one felt left out of that game.

felt like a bland shooter that flirted with horror every once in a while, and awkwardly.

man, after all the hype - and granted, i played the shitty PS3 version first, but - i was wondering if i was the only one felt left out of that game.

felt like a bland shooter that flirted with horror every once in a while, and awkwardly.

No, in fact I was shocked an appaled that the game got a score over 1. The entire game is run through dark corridors, shoot a fuckton of people occassionally in slow motion, creepy thing happens to you (but it's cool cause it can't actually hurt you) then rinse and repeat, if you've played the first 30 minutes you've more or less played the entire game. F.E.A.R is one of the shittiest games that was ever shat in the last 10 years.

Yeah, Sierra as a developer have left a black tattoo on my brain. Between FEAR and Two Worlds, my mild but bored interest in Timeshift died the second I saw the Sierra logo. I played ten minutes of it, took it back to EB and spat on the clerk.

ALthough when you play Two Worlds pretending it's a poor-quality PS1 port, it's not so bad.

• 5 months later...

Archived