Hondo's Bar

Short Circuit 3???

It's just that Hollywood isn't even trying anymore. It's a shame because I always loved the Short Circuit movies (at least the first one, the second one was "meh") and I wouldn't want to see them fuck it up.

I wouldn't mind a CG Johnny 5, but come up with a great story, and see if you can bring back Ally Sheedy and Steve Guttenberg. That Indian guy was funny, but by himself he didn't do so well, as that's what made Short Circuit 2 not as great as the original in my opinion.

What pissed me off was that guy who played Lenny on LaVerne & Shirley. He ruined the 2nd movie for me.

I wonder what Ally Sheedy and Steve Guttenberg are up to? I know Steve was recently on Dancing With the Stars and I seen him on an episode of Law & Order also, but Ally Sheedy I haven't heard from her since the early 90s.

I don't think either of those 2 are the key to success in reviving the franchise. I think they need to do a new movie with a similar if not the same robot, though it's hard to beat that model.

And I don't even remember anything about Short Circuit 2 except Johnny 5 no longer had a gun and he got his ass royally kicked toward the end.

I don't think either of those 2 are the key to success in reviving the franchise. I think they need to do a new movie with a similar if not the same robot, though it's hard to beat that model.

How would you go about it, or what's your solution if not those two?

And I don't even remember anything about Short Circuit 2 except Johnny 5 no longer had a gun and he got his ass royally kicked toward the end.

Yeah he wasn't the same without that bad-ass laser gun.

How would you go about it, or what's your solution if not those two?

I think finding two capable actors with good on-screen chemistry would work. Success is based more on making Johnny 5 not suck more than anything else, if anything Fisher Stevens will be the one that's hard to replace.

I think finding two capable actors with good on-screen chemistry would work. Success is based more on making Johnny 5 not suck more than anything else, if anything Fisher Stevens will be the one that's hard to replace.

All I can say is I just hope they don't screw it up. Seems like a lot of movies nowadays they invest millions on CG special effects, but zero on plot.

Well the effects are only half of the equation, they have to get someone who does as good as Tim Blaney (if they could get him to return, that would be the best bet)

Johnny 5 just wouldn't be the same without Tim Blaney.

Archived