Hondo's Bar

Co-op gaming

The NZA

1221662372.jpg

so, weve got threads talking about what games we've got, here's one to organize online co-ops/meets. First up:

1) Ultimate Alliance (360) - gonna call Space Cowboy this week and see if we can still work this out, he said he had an extra copy i could use.

2) Castle Crashers (360) - im waiting on the online patch (should be soon), bish says he's in for this one then too. TheLoganPrime and other Hondonians have shown interest.

3) Streets of Rage 2 (360) - im only considering this 'cause bish is pushing it.

there's also Bomberman, Uno and such on live, and Left 4 Dead's not far off. anyway, schedule/talk about gaming with your fellow hondonians here!

do people use those for gaming meets? i figured they were to exchange codes & such. i mean, if we could just use those, that'd work, id just not seen any meets come out of em yet, personally.

and im sure we can totally talk gaming in here and be civil. no doubt.

i gotta look yours up, joel - arent you archangel110652 or something? i forget. crap.

SOF - i got a friend's copy of COD4 that ive not played multi yet, but could always break it in. Still, if youre down with Resistance, i can get that one back, brush up & the 3 of us can go to town. mebbe Newt, too.

• 7 months later...

ok, so as i said inna 360 thread, ive gotten back XBL gold on the cheap, and found a guy (thanks bish) to trade my RE5 for Left 4 Dead, so i called Space Cowboy and told him id be down for a game once i got the deal worked out.

Fellow Hondonian Spiffytee insists i put this free copy of Halo 3 to use, something Bish has also asked. I know you guys dont seem to do Team Fortress 2, but while i waits on L4D, ive still got uh, Uno, Bomberman etc (was debating Castle Crashers), we could work out some gaming here. I'm already planning on getting Ultimate Alliance 2 on live just to make sure we can do some kinda clan thing. who's down for what?

• 3 months later...

No clue how many of yall are into the PC scene, but I play the hell out of L4D and can hold my own at TF2. Would be interested in starting a game up assuming I get to be the chick... As for consoles, all we've got is a wii atm(ps3 repair still in progress), but I loves me some mario kart.

Also, dunno if anyone is into it, but I've got a nostalgia kick going and need some C&C Generals or Heroes of Might and Magic III lovin.

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

The game is just awesome. They kept the format of the original safe and sound ( why mess with something great ) , updated the graphics to modern standards and introduced an insane troop balance dynamic for all races. Creating a million zerglings/battlecruisers/carriers won't work as well anymore due to the new paper scissors rock equation. ( no matter how good it is, there's something to kill it easily ) The game centers on micro far more than before. So much that just playing a few 1v1 matches makes me wish I had a teammate to spread the micro load.

I've been playing the SC2 beta since the 2nd run of beta codes. I realized that the reason I don't like SC online is because you either watch

(Koreans)

people on youtube and figure out the best strats and win, or you lose. I'm sure i'll play online some when the full game comes out, but as of now I only run the occasional game on there.

P.S: Mr Sexy Hat, you have made my day with your how to win at SC. I LOLed, literally.

Edited by Bindusara