Hondo's Bar

Death Note

alive she cried

*sigh* so i read a manga. I decided it was about time, and seeing how my housemate had every single death note in the sitting room i decided that was as good a place as any to start.

It was pretty good, i'd even go as far to say that it was very good.

Which really was surprising because it came recommended from a guy who after reading watchmen said "meh".

But i really did enjoy it, the art wasn't even that annoying, it was pretty good for the most part just the hair and the occasional annoying no eye shit smile misa face.

The dialogue in some places seemed to be lost in translation but that's to be expected i suppose.

Overall, a good read which i'd recommend

So, anything in a similar vain you guys suggest?

ASC - you're just asking, what manga in general to read next? you said similar vein, and what i read/watched of Death Note was mystery/crime, so im gonna ignore that and just recommend awesome manga.

I adore Lone Wolf & Cub, up there with Preacher in my personal favorites. Onemanga.com doesnt have it, sadly, but they do have Vagabond, which i believe is about the finest samurai book still being written.

for you...if you can get into dark (i mean, redefining "dark", for me) fantasy, it doesnt get any better than Berserk. Blade of the Immortal is also a fan favorite, but i dont rate it as high as the other 3 previously mentioned, personally. That should be plenty, and if you somehow cant find a torrent, ive got most of this stuff scanned.

watch that anime

as a general rule, i don't like 'em, bu that one was amazing.

the same housemate has the anime and the live action movies and everything else of it, so i'll probably get around to that eventually

ASC - you're just asking, what manga in general to read next? you said similar vein, and what i read/watched of Death Note was mystery/crime, so im gonna ignore that and just recommend awesome manga.

I adore Lone Wolf & Cub, up there with Preacher in my personal favorites. Onemanga.com doesnt have it, sadly, but they do have Vagabond, which i believe is about the finest samurai book still being written.

for you...if you can get into dark (i mean, redefining "dark", for me) fantasy, it doesnt get any better than Berserk. Blade of the Immortal is also a fan favorite, but i dont rate it as high as the other 3 previously mentioned, personally. That should be plenty, and if you somehow cant find a torrent, ive got most of this stuff scanned.

thanks, i have lone wolf and cub downloaded i've read some of that it's fucking brillaint, i'll look out for the other two.

Archived