Hondo's Bar

Musashi

Boogie

So, yeah, we all know who was Musashi Miyamoto right? And we know him best from Vagabond the great manga by Takehiko Inoue-sensei (shame on you if you dont read it).

Ok, heres the news for the movie from Anime News Network:

Production I.G has provided Anime News Network with an English Language trailer for Mamoru Oshii and Mizuho Nishikubo's Musashi: The Dream of the Last Samurai. Oshii developed and wrote this story about Musashi, the real-life swordsmen who pioneered the Hyōhō Niten Ichi-ryū style of two-sword fighting and wrote The Book of Five Rings classic on military strategy. The movie is planned theatrical release in Japan in early summer.

Mizuho Nishikubo, an animation director for Oshii's Ghost in the Shell films, Patlabor 2: The Movie, The Sky Crawlers, and the anime sequence in Kill Bill: Volume 1, is in charge of the actual direction of the film. Oshii had similarly created the Blood: The Last Vampire and Jin-Roh - The Wolf Brigade films for others — Hiroyuki Kitakubo and Hiroyuki Okiura, respectively — to actually direct. Samurai Champloo and Kill Bill: Volume 1 animation director Kazuto Nakazawa, will design the characters, while Kazuchika Kise (Blood+, Evangelion: 1.0 You Are (Not) Alone, Ghost in the Shell films) will supervise the animation process.

The historical Miyamoto figure has directly or indirectly inspired several earlier manga and anime stories. Those stories include Toei Animation's Wanpaku Nitouryou - Shounen Miyamoto Musashi television special (1982), Gosho Aoyama's Yaiba manga and television series (1988-1993), Phoenix Animation's Ninja Resurrection video (1988), Studio Comet's Shura no Toki television series (2004), and Monkey Punch's Musashi television series (2006). Takehiko Inoue's ongoing epic samurai series, Vagabond, is also based on Miyamoto's story.

And HERE its the link to see the trailer.

Miyamoto Musashi wasn't the "last samurai" but he was definitely undefeated.. He wrote the 5 rings; a book that I'm reading now. It's disputably the ultimate book on strategy, that if practiced correctly you can take on 76390571207350 men all at once. w/e.. the only book to come close is the art of war, a friend of mine told me a while back that ceo's of blabla read this book and are now where they are currently cuz of it.. Don't believe it but Im nutz about strategy.. I highly suggest reading the 5 rings ,no matter how badly its translated.

I thought he had 1 defeat? I used to hear an urban legend about he defeated a man wielding a bo but let him live, and he went on to create the Jo and then returned and defeated him. Might just have been a bullshit story that I never bothered to check up on.... off to research

5 rings is awesome, we need a thread for bushido books. there's a new book on him "Lone Wolf" with new information on him (ive not yet read it) but i dont know how much of any of his life is set in stone. just read Vagabond, its great.

so, i gotta go watch the trailer on this, good names attached to it. im hyped. so that 7 samurai anime thing was good?

I thought he had 1 defeat? I used to hear an urban legend about he defeated a man wielding a bo but let him live, and he went on to create the Jo and then returned and defeated him. Might just have been a bullshit story that I never bothered to check up on.... off to research

Well the history of Musashi .. um pretty much none of it is set in stone except the fact that he existed, hence why there are a ton of debates if he was even a good fighter. But I think so since he was hired b warlords to rape all opposers etc. HEHEHEbutIdigress>_>... (lol)one of his first rules are to never take on a fight that you know you cannot win, which is pretty much why you gotta read his history on your own.. Like if you know of shishio of Rouroni Kenshin (that sik mofo with the bandages) that guy was superior to EVERY1 @_@

[i mean comoooon man he beat the main character twice in the same battle then beat up all his sick as friends IN THE SAME BATTLE so they kill him by saying he spontaneously combusts?@$!#%^#$ way to take the easy way out ok..]

*ahem but anyway the pt is that he was undefeated lol tho he was a scum bag.. actually im rambling now and that wasnt a good pt at all but thanx for reading ^^;

Seriously he supposedly taught disgusting leaders of the past n such (i skipped rite to the 5 Rings actual book instead of reading in depth but I did waste my ti.. i mean I did induldge in the history a bit ;) The 5 Rings is a very in-depth book on how to carry yourself on everyday living so that you can be an absolute beast at taking on 17948031 men at once in a closet if need be

READ IT!

But has anyone ever heard of Jubei? Some1 educate me.. NOW! @_@

Archived