Hondo's Bar

Max Payne

The NZA

http://cache-foo.kotaku.com/gawker/assets/images/9/2009/06/504x_RSG_MP3_Screenshot_008.jpg

Screenshots are out in the latest Game Informer, or here. Wiki says:

According to Rockstar's Sam Houser, they are starting a new chapter of Max's life with the game. "This is Max as we've never seen him before, a few years older, more world-weary and cynical than ever." Since the last game, the press release states Max has left New York behind and has "drifted from bad to worse". The press release then goes on to say Max has been double-crossed in this new city and he is searching for the truth and a way out.

A recent issue of Game Informer has revealed that the story is set 12 years after the last game. Payne has been cut loose from the NYPD, and has moved to São Paulo, Brazil where he's taken up employment in the private security sector, working for a wealthy local family

I really gotta go back and finish part 1 someday, and mebbe 2 as well.

Edited by The NZA
this was about part 3 y'all

• 3 months later...

hey, so...i couldnt really find a thread for older Max Payne stuff. i just beat part 1, which was pretty fun, however dated. I recall DoJ & a few of you saying part 2 was good, was debating running through it before this one made it out - thoughts? i hear its short but has some good characters. does it expand on the bullet time stuff? cause 1's flaws for me were not always knowing where to go next and, you know, the repetition of leap in slo-mo, shoot up the room, go on to the next etc. just wondering what to expect.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Uh diablo 3 isn't on console .... Did I miss sumthin?

You don't think you'll enjoy anything, sir. :2T:

I'll have you know sir I took a leap of faith and purchased this game today. If I don't like it you will see me on the news as a serial baby cutter.

Rented it tonight myself and am enjoying myself so far. The noir feel from the other games is definitely different, but I would still say it's noir, mostly cause of Max's character. He's just so damn cool. I'm only like 2 chapters in though so I don't wanna hype it too much, but if the action gets more amped than it already is and the story gets better, then this is gonna be very awesome.

Ok, hyping this. Nonstop action up in this bitch! And for a story that isn't as personal as the last two, the writing is damn good and makes up greatly for it. The cutscenes are a little too acid trip/Tony Scott for my taste, but you get used to it. Fun stuff folks!

• The NZA changed the title to Max Payne