Hondo's Bar

Cop Out

The NZA

Devin Faraci over on CHUD gave it a 0 out of 10, but then again he also called Clerks 2 the worst movie of all time, so I don't know whether I can trust the bastard or not. The trailers, however, look mediocre. This seems to be pre-30 Rock non-Brian Fellows Tracy Morgan humor and Bruce Willis seems to be slumming it (and considering he was in Bandits, that's saying something) also Smith didn't write this and since the saving grace of his past films have been the writing and not so much the directing, I'm kinda wary of this.

• 3 weeks later...

Ugh. I want my money and 1.5hrs of my life back...

The only reason we saw this was because Bounty Hunter had already started when we got the the theater.

I was sorely disappointed with this movie within the first 5 minutes and wanted to actually walk out on more than one occasion...Benny is not allowed to pick the movies anymore. Period!

Ugh. I want my money and 1.5hrs of my life back...

The only reason we saw this was because Bounty Hunter had already started when we got the the theater.

I was sorely disappointed with this movie within the first 5 minutes and wanted to actually walk out on more than one occasion...Benny is not allowed to pick the movies anymore. Period!

Says the woman who was given the ultimate decision in the end...

But yeah, this movie sucked, and I rarely say that.

failroad2.jpg

Yeah. *shudder* But it's not that kind of humor... Bruno was too... eh... I guess you could call it "push the envelope" type of humor. (I call it pure shit. Parts were funny, sure, but I do not want to see some dude's wang for any amount of time...)

But this was just plain boring. Don't take our words for it though...

bruce hasnt done a whole lotta comedy, as i recall (the whole 9 yards, few others?) but tracey morgan kills me. did you feel the funniest bits were in the commercials?

That was 90% of the funny parts of the movie... and also it wasn't bits that were spread throughout the movie... 99% of the commercial WAS THE FIRST 5 MINUTES OF THE MOVIE....

I thought sean william scott was the funniest part in the movie. Tracy Morgan seemed to scripted :/

I agree. He was trying too hard to get laughs and to me it felt as most of the jokes sank...

That last scene during the credits in the morgue really made me laugh, though...

but tracey morgan kills me.

Aside from Brian Fellows (and I'm reaching) I literally can't think of any good non-30 Rock thing he's done. He's just one of those comedians whose genius is rarely realized in anything he's in (I refer to this as Tim Allen syndrome)

Yeah. *shudder* But it's not that kind of humor... Bruno was too... eh... I guess you could call it "push the envelope" type of humor. (I call it pure shit. Parts were funny, sure, but I do not want to see some dude's wang for any amount of time...)

Nor do you want it gently caressing your neck. I second you on both accounts, sir.

I couldn't get through the opening scene of BRUNO. One day I may attempt to re-watch it....

Aside from Brian Fellows (and I'm reaching) I literally can't think of any good non-30 Rock thing he's done. He's just one of those comedians whose genius is rarely realized in anything he's in (I refer to this as Tim Allen syndrome)

see, im thinking it might be what these 2 were saying about him feeling scripted. ive heard him on radio shows, saw him on Daily show etc and when he's just sort've comedically freestyling, he kills it. might be emulating tracey jordan, i dont know how much of him i saw before 30 rock come to think of it, but the shit he throws out there seemingly off the top of his dome is really great.

^^Tracey Morgan is always hilarious when he's on Howard Stern. The man is somewhat settled down now, his words, but he has some crazy strip club stories and is just generally off-the-cuff funny. The last time he was in there he controlled this giant vibrator on some pr0nst4r. Hilarity ensued.

Archived