Hondo's Bar

i ♥ hip-hop

The NZA

I hope I'm not that 40yo dude listening to nothing but oldies at the BBQ (like hard knock life perhaps? I don know what's considered old anymore)

I do know I'm opening my ears pretty wide for this new gen n none of it seems creative or even fresh. Just one man w an opinion.

However I did listen to Kendrick Lamar n even tho I can only stomach about 2/3 songs on his album I have to say its pretty damn unique.

I wish folks like Rihanna would write their own shit instead of sounding terrible for a quick $ n perhaps I'd stop complainin.

Detox is all but cancelled n wasn't blackout 3 supposed to come out like 5 yrs ago?

" rel="external nofollow">https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F95738580">

Tony Touch - It's A Queens Thing ft. Action Bronson & Kool G Rap

1. Tony Touch / D Stroy – ‘Touch And D Stroy’

2. Rah Digga – ‘Freestyle’

3. A.G. & Masta Ace – ‘Double A’

4. Busta Rhymes, J. Doe, Reek da Villian & Rock Marciano – ‘Hold That’

5. M.O.P – ‘You Know You Love This’

6. Too Short, Kurupt & Xzibit – ‘V.I.P.’

7. B-Real – ‘Hit This’ (Freestyle)

8. Papoose & Uncle Murda – ‘Brooklyn’s The Burough’

9. Sean Price & Guilty Simpson – ‘Random’

10. Black Thought – ‘Thought Process’

11. Styles P, Sheek Louch & Jadakiss – ‘B.A.R.S.’

12. Liknuts – ‘World Premier’

13. Raekwon, JD Era, Ghostface Killah & RZA – ‘Unorthodox’

14. Twista & Bun B – ‘Bounce’

15. Thirstin Howl III – ‘One Person Thirstin’

16. Willie The Kid – ‘Power Cypha’

17. Action Bronson & Kool G. Rap – ‘A Queen’s Thing’

18. KRS-One, Fat Joe & Sadat X – ‘Take It To The Bronx’

19. Termanology – ‘Aw Shux’

20. Joel Ortiz, Royce da 5’9” & Crooked I – ‘Slaughter Session’

21. Eminem – ‘Untitled’

22. Redman, Method Man & Erick Sermon – ‘Let’s Go’

23. Prodigy – ‘Untitled’

24. N.O.R.E., Al Joseph & Reek da Villian – ‘Questions’

25. Gob Goblin, Starvin B & Spit Gemz – ‘Untitled’

July 9th...that lineup is golden, can't wait

new Shad always makes me happy.

halfway through Yeezus...pretty crazy so far. liking it more than MBDTF but that's not saying much for me, heh. Blood on the Leaves & few other highlights ill post on later, need to spend more time with it to really say.

kYRtT4r.jpg

CABV0fj.jpg

HgkjBts.jpg

Khaled gets spoofed & replies, haha

6221c88f-7320-4e44-95ce-d2f4869f314a_zps4be433b5.jpg?t=1371400840

first up, my current favorite from Yeezus (for as long as it's up anyway):

TDE - Schoolboy Q + Kendrick:

finally, an interesting remix of Mef's classic Release yo delf

" rel="external nofollow">https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F94359040">

Samsung going HAM

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11.199999809265137px; background-color: rgb(223, 223, 223);" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="quotearea" style="background-color: rgb(232, 232, 232); border-style: solid; border-color: black;">

Jay-Z just announced a new album via commercial. It's coming out July 4th and the commercial features Pharell, Timberland, Rick Rubin, Swizz Beatz and Jay in a studio listening to beats.

Album called Magna Carta Holy Grail </td> </tr> </tbody></table>

<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" style="color: rgb(0, 0, 0); font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 11.199999809265137px; background-color: rgb(223, 223, 223);" width="100%"> <tbody> <tr> <td class="quotearea" style="background-color: rgb(232, 232, 232); border-style: solid; border-color: black;">

</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

As the Miami Heat faced off against the San Antonio Spurs in Game 5 of the NBA finals Sunday night, a curious TV ad aired near the end of the second quarter featuring rap star Jay-Z in a studio, riffing with a cast of characters including producer Rick Rubin and artist Pharrell Williams. At one point, a member of the posse is shown taking notes on a tablet device. More than two minutes into the three-minute video Samsung Electronics Co. 005930.SE +0.29%’s tagline flashes across the screen: “The Next Big Thing.”

The connection: Samsung has purchased 1 million copies of Jay-Z’s coming album, entitled “Magna Carta Holy Grail,”slated for release July 4, and plans to give them to Samsung Galaxy smartphone users for free – 72 hours ahead of the release. The users are to receive the music through an app they’ll receive later this month. (Recipients won’t be able to share it until the official release date.)

I love Nas like the next guy, but isn't dick riding frowned upon in hip-hop? Good track, though.

Meth won't play for me.

ScHoolboy Q joint is good. Heard it before. KL's the real deal isn't he?

YEEZUS joint is classic Kanye making poppin mollies, fucking golddiggers and driving flashy whips deep. All while channeling Master P/No Limit? I fucking loved it!

oh yeah, he's rising Nas hard, no doubt. that's the kinda thing i'd expect in an interview 10 years down the road, not making a track about it, heh.

what were your highlights on Yeezus? hearing it again, i like more stuff - New Slaves and a few others, though i do think Blood on the Leaves (i love the way he uses that nina simone sample) is my favorite. I'm in it is the only track i tend to skip. some stuff is more experimental, half reminds me of 808's but i like it the more i hear it, it's not like what else is gong on out there right now.

also you know what's pretty clever....check out rap genius' take on the last lyrics of the last track on the album, heh, pretty much what i think any ye fan would expect, but it was a cute way to put it.

ps was that bonus track at the end bullshit? the version i listen to doesn't have it but i didn't think i was missing much, at a glance. and yeah, i'm a fan of most stuff Lamar does, no lie

uZfl4iW.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Cool to see Eric Sermon is still alive. Snoop shoulda just rapped the WHOLE verse Meth wrote for him. At the end there he decided to "freestyle". Funny how RL didn't make the video shoot. I know his "Too Close" money ain't ran out yet. Haha!

^agreed

thought youd dig this

Starting tomorrow and then throughout the week, BBC Radio 1's Zane Lowe will air his new interview with Jay-Z. According to NME, Jay revealed to Lowe that he had already started working on the Magna Carta Holy Grail tracks "Holy Grail" (featuring Justin Timberlake) and "Oceans" (featuring Frank Ocean) around the time he was working on Watch the Throne with Kanye West.

Jay said he and Kanye agreed that after they did the album together, they'd start working on their new solo albums. Jay made those two tracks and played them for Kanye, which instigated a four-day argument about if they should've been on WTT or held for MCHG:

"[There were] no lyrics on 'Holy Grail' and I recorded 'Oceans' and I played those records for Kanye. And he was like, 'No those have to go on Watch the Throne,' so we spent four days arguing about those records and I was explaining to him why it wasn't right for this project and I had a whole idea for making this album called Magna Carta... Holy Grail [part of] the name came after."

Jay also explained that the arguing was civil. "Four days literally arguing... not like fighting. Well, there was some pushing at one point but not between us, just everyone else got a little excited."