Hondo's Bar

i ♥ hip-hop

The NZA

• 2 weeks later...

" rel="external nofollow">https://w.soundcloud.com/player/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fapi.soundcloud.com%2Ftracks%2F103128377">

iA0hXVsbU3h6Q.gif

"stand ya ground"...damn, trayvon shit huh

Self Made 3 might be crazy, hit up Oil Money & Poor Decision

also Snoop Lion endorsements cause why not

finalareacodesbig.gif

• 2 weeks later...

haha...man, a cali dude calling himself the king of NY shows how weak that scene's gotten...i don't see ASAP, Bronson & them saying much back but i'd love to be wrong, Bronson's a funny dude on their vine battles

meanwhile Big Ghostface killed me with this

@JCole reaction to "control"

B1IeSIq.jpg

Ok, I have to address this so called Kendrick Lamar "diss".

As you noticed above, I didn't even acknowledge it. Instead I focused on how bad Big Sean was and is. However, tons of folks on Facebook, Twitter, the radio and other places are claiming that Kendrick's verse is the second coming of 2Pac.

No.

It's not even a real diss towards anyone! Now to be fair not everyone is blinded by what has everyone else in an uproar about this non thing. I've seen some very educated takes on this. As well as some extreme takes. For example: "these media crackas are just blowin this up to get niggas to fight". That's a little much, but not completely without validity. Still...

I do think that the verse is good if not great, but don't get confused, Ether this ain't. Half if not all the folks he mentions he's cool with. And to me, it's more of a "step up or move over" message than "fuck y'all". Honestly, the most damning thing he says, in my opinion, is being the "King of New York" while he's famously from California. Also, let's not forget him dickriding the REAL guys he should be dissing if he wanted to make a name for himself.

If this was meant to be a diss then, to me, it was wack. If it wasn't then people are stupid.

i think you misunderstand - yeah, it wasn't really an outright diss; it was a callout.

after GKMC, none of these dudes are on his level, and he just said as much. he named his peers and left off names of dudes who aren't. the sophmore class he's naming here is too scared to say to name anyone someone doesn't name first for fear of losing twitter followers (fanbase) and an option for a collabo, that's where we are today. the edge/competition in hip-hop doesn't exist because you have to apologize by the end of a diss record.

if you wanted a modern ether,

. no one should be calling this ether.

the meat of it is a cali dude calling himself king of NY - goes without saying that wouldn'tve happened in '93/94, but even late '90s youdve had Dipset and dudes line chnio all over this, throwing their hardest shit out there. today? you've got ASAP, Bronson and a buncha dudes not saying anything. Pusha T is on some "i see you" but that's all i saw last night, that scene is a mess and it's actually refreshing hearing someone say that...plus, Lupe got mad and that's always funny cause he's garbage.

i don't really know or care what FB/twitter are making it out to be, but that's what it is, and it's a big deal in 2013, when even common only goes after drake over a stripper, then apologizes. shit's changed quite a bit.

You're right about it all, but I'm not concerned about your take as much, because I know you know what you're talking about. I'm adressing the Facebook crowd and media that's blowing this verse outta proportion. Maybe I shouldn't care, but it irks me when memes are going up saying Kendrick is murdering the industry.

Nah man. Like I said, the one thing that was shocking to me was the King of NY comment. But that's it.

yeah, agreed - apparently some people callin in on morning radio said "KENDRICK WENT IN ON NAS & 3 STACKS", ahaha its like people don't even try to listen sometimes

meanwhile ill have fun with the peanut gallery crowd stuff

BRlrUWwCYAAJPSi.jpg

tumblr_mrha9avhFF1qae215o1_500.png

tumblr_mrhip07Zvg1r2fz90o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mrhiu5Skl51rls867o1_500.jpg

W05CcI2.png

EHYgVe5.png

1NMLJAy.png

8q8LOrB.png

50cent ✔ @50cent

This is HipHop lol kendricklamar said you niggas better head for the hills. LMAO http://instagram.com/p/c-KABdsL0H/

9:43 PM - 13 Aug 2013

f81f03a8046c11e3ad7a22000a9f3090_7.jpg

tumblr_mrh8qkYzVo1s1hlhko1_500.jpg

tumblr_mri4zmQsbv1qf9lk6o1_500.jpg

tumblr_mc8mpnvOZC1ry3jd5.gif

for real, was thinking the exact same thing

meanwhile first single off Shad's new shit in October, i love this dude

also i keep hearing Killah Preist's album a few months back was really good, gonna hit that up soon & post on it later