Hondo's Bar

"Like" Gears of War on facebook to increase Labor Day weekend

C_U_SPACECOWBOY

For those of you that don't know, EPIC is really trying to drum up interest in Gears of War 2 multiplayer in anticipation of Gears of War 3. With the release of the 6th title update, 2x xp was made standard, and in the past few month's they've had 6x and 8x xp weekends.

In the lead up to this year's comic-con, EPIC producer Rod Fergusson annonced on his twitter that he would take his followers divided by 500 and make that the next multiplier. Well once the internets heard about that his twitter page exploded from a scant 1000 or so to over 10,000. At that point Fergusson capped the event multiplier for SDCC at 20x. Many thought that was the last hurrah.

Well, during PAX/Labor day weekend there will, infact, be another XP event. This time, however, the multiplier will be determined by the number of people on facebook who "like" the official gears of war site. It's also been announce that for this event there will be no cap, so the sky's the limit!

I'm about 11 levels shy of the max, and the sweet, sweet achievement that accompanies it.

Hondos, I implore you. Help me get my wings!

Here's the link

oh, Jon - this is lower than you've sunken in multiplayer achievement "ITS MY TURN TO SHOOT YOU IN THE HEAD THIRTY TIMES" grinding. i love it.

I legitimatly got to rank 60 in this game in, oh, a year and a half of playing. I had refused to boost and had resolved that the lvl 100 achievement was 75 gamerscore I was never going to see.

Then my rank was mysteriously set back to one.

I want the multiplier to be SO HIGH that even if my shit gets reset again between now an labor day, I'll boot it up during the event, shoot one guy and ding 100!

And how dare you bring up that time we were playing Stranglehold! You promised that would stay between us!

Besides, I still say THAT was justified. We were literally the only two people playing that game.

How is it AU never hears of shit like this? Fucksake. It's a good thing for me the only people I know that play GOW 1 or 2 are complete cunts(present cyber company excepted) and therefore never play. I'll like it though, out of love for my fellow Hondonians.

And because I still jealously covet your 100% completeion on Risk Factions

And how dare you bring up that time we were playing Stranglehold! You promised that would stay between us!

Besides, I still say THAT was justified. We were literally the only two people playing that game.

aw, my bad...i had to grab an example! its one of the only ones we played. you're right, no was playing that one...god, i wish i could get a few bucks back on that DLC.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived