Hondo's Bar

Team ICO Collection HD!

Losifer

it's a fine game to do so for, we'll catch you up on others to try out later if you're down!

was just looking at those this morning and thinking "god i hope Los is right, and SOTC is pictured elsewhere." id buy it just for ICO HD, but the collection...money in the bank right there, day-0 purchase.

Also, Last Guardian's not looking to be at TGS this year, might show at its own event this month though, last i checked.

• 2 weeks later...

see, assuming they gots em, i'd say im right there with you - but i never found all the lizard/gecko things in SoTC, and if ICO has a time limit, i'm out. beat & loved both, but they're not quick/easy games.

The lizards were practically unlimited in quantity. The worst I anticipate is beating time trials. Which, in fairness, is something I haven't finished yet either.

As always, late to the party here but nonetheless, I've always been curious @ least about Shadow of the Collosus. This is kind of odd but the only impression I ever got of it was Adam Sandler playing it in some movie where he's depressed & 9/11 was involved(Reign something?) and was absolutely awe-struck by the scale of it. From what I understand it had a limited release here and Ebay has a few copies, but if there's a PS3 remake on the way I might's well wait for it.

it so better happen. it so better look like this.

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUdrFkW1RY8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param'>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUdrFkW1RY8?fs=1&hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nUdrFkW1RY8?fs=1&hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

XTrEI.gif

...so much for my efforts to emulate SoTC! (unless this one's framerate ends up dipping/low...?) anyway, cover time!

ajECi.jpg

godfuckingdamn, just as ugly as the same format for God of War collection. if we're lucky, we'll at least keep the superior EU ICO cover.

01.jpg

trailer's up!

4994602277_f7ec88dd25_b.jpg

4994602463_b59d0a6378_b.jpg

4994602349_607b86a3c8_b.jpg

SOTC

4995208716_0117b7e61b_b.jpg

4995208642_a20b9d11b5_b.jpg

4994602139_32058f2d9f_b.jpg

McWhertor from Kotaku got to ask Ueda (?) some questions, sounds like:

1) they know the US boxart sucks

2) the european ending for ICO is now the universal one

3) there might be more to SoTC? nothing concrete there, just some comments that stuff that got cut and what's being "brushed up".

dated spring of 2011. day fucking 1.

• 2 months later...

oh snap

And then there are the colossi. I defeated the first two (there are 16 in all), and scrambling across their shaggy backs in stereoscopic 3D added immensely to the drama. But it it also aided the gameplay: Seen in 3D, the platforms and protrusions that jut from their immense bodies seem to occupy the foreground, making it easier to judge distances and find a safe place to rest when your grip is weakening. And dangling hundreds of feet in the air now gives you a striking sense of vertigo — the ground seems to sprawl endlessly around you, threatening to swallow you up.

Of course, you don’t need a 3D TV to enjoy the other benefits of the Ico and Shadow of the Colossus Collection. In addition to the new high-res environment textures, the crisp HD resolution brings out cinematic details I missed on the PS2 version, such as tiny birds flying around the head of the first colossus. The framerate now sits at a fluid, solid 30 frames per second, eliminating one of the few complaints of the original game. When I spun the camera angle around, I also noted smooth, natural-looking motion blur. And Trophy support is most definitely in.

4995208716_0117b7e61b_b.jpg

4995208642_a20b9d11b5_b.jpg

• 5 months later...

September! getting a date for this was the best thing from sony's show for me, next to Uncharted 3 gameplay.

canit wait, im curious what they changed in ICO's opening....

mebbe more direct ties from SOTC and to Last Guardian?

Archived