Hondo's Bar

Awards 2010!

Panch

funny%2Btrophy.jpg

Yes folks, the time has finally come... THE 2010 HONDO'S AWARDS are here! Now, while I've pretty much finished the whole thing and will be posting it within the week, I'm still in need of some last minute help. Here are this year's categories:

Nicest

Smartest

Funniest

Most Obsessed

Most Missed

Best Couple

Best Thread

Best Troll

Sports Fan

Comic Geek

Video Gamer

Villain

Underdog

Rookie of the Year

Best Man

First Lady

MVP

Think long and hard on who you think falls in each cat. Send me a PM or just post on here what you think. While I have most of it done, I'm sure you peeps will hit where I missed. Also, last minute categories can be added...

WHO'S EXCITED!?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

KkjGb.gif

...is there any way i can convince you to wait till dec 1st, though? we'd have a benchmark to start them on, plus thanksgiving's this week so we're gonna be in a slump. i'm sayin!

some good categories, no idea what video gamer is though, specifically.

Best Hondo's Crossover Event [where we vote on best Hondonian events in 2010] is the category I miss the most from that list of suggestions I gave Panch last night. Naturally, I thought it was brilliant!

Best Hondo's Crossover Event [possible nominees]:

ASC in MIA

Mr. & Mrs. Hakujin in MIA

Arch & Rudy in OZ

Mr. H in Ireland

Jax in NOLA

Panch in NOLA

Irish Chapter Meet-up

Texas Chapter Meet-up

Lulu & GunsmithX's Wedding

...is there any way i can convince you to wait till dec 1st, though? we'd have a benchmark to start them on, plus thanksgiving's this week so we're gonna be in a slump. i'm sayin!

some good categories, no idea what video gamer is though, specifically.

Agreed. It'd be best, IMHO, to give it a week or so for nominees and categories to trickle in to Panch via PM. And then on Dec. 1st start voting for the actual awards. We could then have voting close two weeks later and--theoretically--have a pre-Christmas awards show, preferably via youtube like last year's awards, which were pretty much the only thing done right w/ the awards last year. :2T:

So I guess that's a no.

yeah, looking back, the suggestion to at least let thanksgiving weekend/slump pass just made too much sense.

on the flipside, last year (combined with sassycat's inane bitching) proved no one else was dying to step up to the plate, so i'm glad it's out the door & has a finishing date.

next up: i gotta get on hondo's facebook & twitter tonight to let everyone know the score.

I love how Nick focuses EVERYONE'S disgust w/ how the 2009 Hondies languished in limbo on me simply because I was the most apt at expressing said disgust. :wink:

Anyway, I would've been up for it but Panch came through like a fucking champ on getting these polls together. Let's have a big circle jerk round of applause for El Pancho Grande! Well done, good sir. Well done!

Hakus: holy shit i thought you were getting laid over there sir you'll recall: 1) after 2 people volunteered to do the awards (and failed), i picked up the pieces begrudgingly, and you bitched bitched bitched like they put the tara banks show on at the same time as the view. JZA tried some sense on you, pointing out that he'd done it and they do take some work/you should prolly do your own before speaking on them, but that might as well've been baytor humming in your ear or something. pearls before swine.

now you got the stones to say "oh yeah bro i totally would've done em if panch didn't?" no doubt! i'dve totally swung on tyson if he didn't leave the bar a few minutes ago, that dude's so lucky i held back. in conclusion: if you don't host the 8th awards, i'm going to single handedly edit all your posts to include faulty grammar. oh, you heard.

9jn6ag.jpg

Hakus: holy shit i thought you were getting laid over there sir you'll recall: 1) after 2 people volunteered to do the awards (and failed), i picked up the pieces begrudgingly, and you bitched bitched bitched like they put the tara banks show on at the same time as the view. JZA tried some sense on you, pointing out that he'd done it and they do take some work/you should prolly do your own before speaking on them, but that might as well've been baytor humming in your ear or something. pearls before swine.

now you got the stones to say "oh yeah bro i totally would've done em if panch didn't?" no doubt! i'dve totally swung on tyson if he didn't leave the bar a few minutes ago, that dude's so lucky i held back. in conclusion: if you don't host the 8th awards, i'm going to single handedly edit all your posts to include faulty grammar. oh, you heard.

Ooh, someone still has his panties in a wad over the '09 Hondies Debacle. That shit was regulated about as well as Wall Street was that same year. And I as for me doing the 2010 Hondies, you and I both thought it'd be next month before anyone would expect this up and running, and Panch beat me to the punch. I even told Panch on the phone that I was gonna handle Hondies this year. However, you know as well as I do, when Panchy gets set on something there's no stoppin' him. So don't saddle me w/ this BS hindsight, trash talkin' label. Honestly, I'm beginning to think you were born with perfectly fine eyesight--it's just difficult to see w/ your head always so far up yer arsehole.

good call on DoJ though.:D

oh, and single-handedly is a hyphenated compound word. :2T:

panties panties panties

you'd think a teach would have a post-5th grade vocabulary; something something state of education today :lecture:

there was no "debacle" past the failures of its startup, just you crying like benny about not winning things. once it got off its feet, the awards went down without a hitch, save our usual there's only a few banners done thing. point still stands: you get to talk when you've hosted, until then?

auaae8jpg.gif

related: you should see black dynamite, if you haven't.

@ the awards: there's a few things that i've done different from panch on these things, wanted to talk a bit on that. for one, he takes a fair amount of slack for not having open nominations the way i did - we've discussed this, and he can correct me if i'm wrong, but his logic was that a) too many people dilute the polls by nominated their favorites/respective others for everything (including largely offline stuff that only they see, natch) and b) people are gonna bitch anyway. i can't fault either of these points, but it does mean that some are gonna feel they got left off - we've tried to add some of the more legit complaints last minute this time, though.

the other thing i did was to have completely transparent voting, which i thought would help stop the odd fraudulent moves of calling in friends who don't really post here to stuff the box, or people with multiple accounts (non-trolls) doing so. this turned out to be unnecessarily complicated on my end (tallying the votes took more effort than it should've) and really, we lock down registrations (mostly) during the awards and it's not like everyone can't see who's logged in everyday & call bullshit where they see if if they like. no doubt this might've caused minor drama with people getting butthurt over their friends not voting for them or something, so i think using regular polls might be better at this pint, anyway.

words

Man I gotta tell you: pre-polls are such a pain in the arse and the way the Hondies work best to to just sneak 'em on up on folks. Openly gathering info, polling just gives the unhappy masses time to gather expectation. At least this year there's been minimal hurt feelings and bitching, helps that Panch has been right the fuck on the ball about addressing ommissions feedback...

On the matter of trolls & alternate accounts, you can still see if they're logging in after fuck-knows what an absense and can call relevant parties to it if need be(ie Filthy Assistant turning up suddenly to vote, though she should post some), then again NZA's Facebook event of it pretty much ensures that, so Idunno.

yeah, i did take panch's effort here viral this year (FB/twitter) but that's cause it totally flew in the face of my concerns @ the holiday slump; we've been quiet for weeks up until now, board's been jumping these last few days. i figure i should try to capitalize on that & at least remind the many hondonians on FB/WoW/etc to stop on by & see what they've missed, if even just to quietly vote.

Archived