Hondo's Bar

Wonder Woman TV show

I'm of two minds about it. It's got potential but Adrian Padelicki looks like the Vivid Video version of the character she's meant to be playing, perhaps in time she would have come to fit what I picture in my mind as Wonder Woman (which is not Linda Carter, for those taking notes. Though she wasn't bad.) And David E. Kelly's just not the guy for this writing I'm sorry to say, even if he went all full-on LA Law mode. The whole thing reeks of "Ally McBeal, but Ally McBeal is a superhero!" it just comes across as a bit too cutesy. Which isn't to say Wonder Woman doesn't work with levity, in fact it's one of the things that separates the good Wonder Woman books from the bad ones (that, and about three inches of fabric around the thigh region.) I think I might've given it a chance, but I'm glad we got Arrow instead of this. I think they should maybe try it again in a few years with a different actress and a different writer, somebody less sit-comish.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...