Hondo's Bar

Animal Man & Swamp Thing

Panch

Yes... and no. Yes, cause I have to wait for the current stuff. No, cause I love stand-alone issues. I don't really mind when comics do this as long as they're giving me some kinda origin tale or something. Still, I hope its worth it.

• 4 weeks later...

God, I really need to go back and read the rest of the Alan Moore run, that was a Freshman-level question.

She is totally his Jennifer Kale though, except with sexing. Though considering Man-Thing is now A) Fully cognitive, and B) Pretty much a god, I'm going to call this a plagiarism stalemate.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Rotworld is fucking awesome.

Basically just DC Zombies. I really hope the end isn't an insane disappointment.

I know that everything has to "go back to normal" somehow, but I just hope the way they do it isn't too terrible. I don't know how they will wrap this up.

Keep in mind they're in the future, in terms of the rest of the universe. You can do all kinds of wacky shit with alternate timelines. And Swamp Thing just got real fucking wacky at the end of that last issue.

Swamp Thing using Bane's Venom injection system to pump himself full of Bio-restorative serum and leading a giant bat-bot into battle, aided by a half-bat Barbara Gordon.

That's fucking wacky any way you cut it. It's fun though.

• 3 weeks later...

Issue 17!! Fucking intense on both fronts but highlights for me were in Animal Man

Steel being a badass and Frankenstein becoming a Green Lantern were two of the coolest things that have happened so far.

And this fucking guy

YB3IgaR.png

Best character introduced yet.

I need an Animal Man shirt that says "Butter Baker: The Blondie Man".

Animal Man has been quite a bit better than Swamp Thing for me. Jeff Lemire is just a badass. He isn't trying to imitate Morrison's run (if anything, he's aping the tone of old Swamp Thing, which is kinda funny), he's found his own groove and he's awesome at it.

Swamp Thing is readable and all, but it sure would be cooler if Lemire was just on both books.

Edited by Thrizzle

• 4 weeks later...

Well that ended just about how I thought it would.

A little time travel and bada bing, everything's good.

I'm wondering who the other Green Avatar they were talking about at the end of Swamp thing was. Poison Ivy?

• 4 weeks later...