Hondo's Bar

NHL Playoffs 2012

Benz

A little surprised (but not really) that no one has posted on the Hockey Playoffs this year, especially where the Panthers are in this mofo and kicking Devils' ass. I will happily root for the Panthers this year. Not over the Bruins , of course. But if the Bruins fall, then the Cup should go to Miami/ South Florida.

So far a lot of underdogs are winning. I'm happy the LA Kings beat Vancouver. Ha ha Luongo's tires must be flat.

(null)

I'm not keeping up until after this first round. The way the Panthers backed in, didn't give me much hope for them, but I'm glad they're proving me wrong. Besides, we have Heat playoffs coming up and MIAMI Marlins going on, too. Been waiting for baseball, honestly.

For me right now, baseball can take a shit. Don't get me wrong, I love the Red Sox. We just need to fire Bobby Valentine already. Oh and a better-than-single-A-quality bullpen would be nice too.

NBA? I've got more faith in the Celts right now than the Sox. But our first round is against the Heat? Might as well be the Eastern Conference championship already.

Nah, I'm most focused on the NHL right now, because I like EVERYTHING that is going on with ALL the teams right now. Vancouver's out of it in the first round? Sweet! Panthers kicking butt? Awesome! All the underdog teams winning? Really freakin cool! Flyers? Eh they're the exception, but fuck both teams in that series.

How are the Celtics playing the Heat? I thought they were higher in the standings. I was hoping to play destroy the Knicks.

Also, Ben. Can you keep me updated on the Panthers? I probably won't jump on the bandwagon until everyone else does :/

How are the Celtics playing the Heat? I thought they were higher in the standings. I was hoping to play destroy the Knicks.

You and me both. But ESPN doesn't lie.

Also, Ben. Can you keep me updated on the Panthers? I probably won't jump on the bandwagon until everyone else does :/

Definitely. Here's hoping they win again tomorrow night. I will most likely watch the game.

Not a very physical game so far. I guess that's what the series/ Panthers' play has been though. I want to see the Panthers get physical. Violent. Not cheap, mind you. But they need to get motivated. 0-1 Devils after the first period. Aarty already has me on grumpy gills alert.

OMG... I didn't realize there were Bruins fans in the South.

I do blame Tim Thomas though. If you're going to start a political career, please leave the goaltending to someone who is focused on hockey. :2T:

In all seriousness, shit happens. Panthers better get physical, want it and win it. All my hockey hopes lie in you, Stanley C. Panthers.

BOSTON --

The Boston Bruins have denounced racist comments made by some fans after the team was eliminated from the playoffs Wednesday night.

The Washington Capitals beat the Bruins in overtime of Game 7 to move on to the second round. It was a sudden end to the Bruins' hopes to repeat as Stanley Cup champions, and many fans took to Twitter to express their frustration.

But for some, that frustration took the form of racist comments targeted at the Capitals' Joel Ward, who scored the winning goal. Ward is one of a couple dozen black players in the NHL, and some Twitter users used racially derogatory terms after Ward scored.

The Bruins issued a terse statement in response Thursday afternoon: "The Bruins are very disappointed by the racist comments that were made following the game last night. These classless, ignorant views are in no way a reflection of anyone associated with the Bruins organization."

Boston.com reported that many of the pages of the Twitter users have since been removed.

Twitter doesn't prohibit racist language or moderate its content, but when offensive tweets have gotten widespread attention in the past, users have canceled their accounts because of the outcry and the ease with which their identities can sometimes be determined.

Ward told USA Today that he was told about the comments during the team's flight home.

"It doesn't faze me at all," Ward told the newspaper, saying that he's concentrating on the next round.

Ward said he also heard from many Bruins fans supporting him.

(Didn't use the quote tag because you can't read it here...)

Edited by Benz

Damned people from Jersey... :arty:

That's my girl! :love: Panthers are getting more physical tonight, which is good to see. They need to play that way if they want to win. It can be a double edged sword, but if done correctly it's how the Bruins won last year. I don't believe much in violence but please at least beat the living shit out of the Devils if nothing else tonight.

Devils won in double overtime against the Panthers. Still, it was a good run and something that Florida fans should be proud of...should, being the operative word. I've always been a Panther's fan and am very happy that they got as far as they did.

Round 2 of playoffs are:

LA Kings v St Louis Blues

Nashville Predators v Phoenix Coyotes

Washington Capitals v New York Rangers

New Jersey Devils v Philadelphia Flyers

I know him, by-the-way. Stanley not the nig-wait... Iceman comes in here, right?

Lol! yea Philly has a black player that helped them win in OT a couple weeks ago. I posted on my Facebook about it n automatically a friend of mine felt seriously awkward he didn't know there were black hockey players. Lol I think it's hilarious, but on Nicky's post: you can't stop ignorance in an instant. Especially when it's hater aide coming from mankind's garbage. (see what I did there?)

GO FLYERS BABY!

Still, New Jersey and every other remaining team in the East can eat a bag of dicks. Go Kings.

(null)

No one in the east will be joining you when it's time to cry in your mothers bosoms... Wait, is your mom hot o_O?

Yes Panch. Game 7. Thankfully Panthers will have home ice advantage. Sadly though, they stopped selling the rubber rats. Flyers got lucky, Ice. Hopefully that will be remedied next round. :2T:

(null)

Last time I checked blow outs of the penguins n leading them 3-0 is far from a fluke. Kings are weak.