Hondo's Bar

2012 Game of the Year

Keth

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

it's a great game. there's bits which aren't fantastic. there's nothing wrong with saying this, i'm not roasting a sacred cow here.

it's good that you have 13 hours in a day to beat games though, i'm prolly far less busy than you and those are still rare by me.

it's a great game. there's bits which aren't fantastic. there's nothing wrong with saying this, i'm not roasting a sacred cow here.

it's good that you have 13 hours in a day to beat games though, i'm prolly far less busy than you and those are still rare by me.

You're not, you're a ways from being "that guy" but your showing "that guyish" tendencies. I don't think anybody but the ridiculously pessimistic (and Halo fanboys from about 5 years ago) would see the few parts where the game applies the breaks as an obstacle towards finishing or even enjoying the game (that was Episode 1's job.) All us fanboys have played it numerous times so we know there's a few "get on with it!" bits. It's still a little bit nitpicky, you have to admit.

And the 13 hours jab is beneath you, come on.

i love flawed games. anytime anyone claims a title like HL2 is flawless, ima say something. is saying i didn't enjoy the hive part nitpicky? or the pacing of the boat level? we both know i'm not saying they nearly ruin the experience, they just slow it down

you dont see that kinda shit in super metroid but whatevah

and it was more flicking you than a jab - it's not a one-sitter unless you're a marathon guy. you're thinking of Strider 2, that was like 2 hours tops.

Hive part? Wasn't that in Episode 2? Am I forgetting something?

The boat level was more tedious than anything, but yeah the constant stopping to open locks got annoying. (And I figure the Super Metroid thing was a joke because half that game is backtracking, and the other half is also backtracking)

I guess it's not. All I know is when my Xbox came in the mail, I put in the disk and I was done by the time it was time to go to work.

I'm fairly certain Kati could beat LttP in about half a pack of cigarettes.

It seriously blew my fucking mind how much that game is etched into her brain. I guess that was like THE ONLY game she had. I get nostalgic and I throw it on and I'm like

"Ahhh, oh yeah. Okay, so I think I go over here and...yup! Now what? Hmmm. This is familiar. Nope! Dead end."

Kati takes it from me and it's like watching a speed run. She's snagging the dash boots right off the bat and cutting corners. It really took me off guard.

marriage material

• 3 weeks later...

Proper personal top 10, in the order they occurred to me.

Dead Pixels

Hotline Miami

Cave Story 3D

Dust: An Elysian Tale

MTG: Duel of the Planeswalkers 2013

Minecraft: 360 edition

Trials Evolution

Tokyo Jungle

Retro City Rampage

The Binding of Isaac: Wrath of the Lamb (totally counts!)

• 2 weeks later...

my 2 favorite GOTY things are /v/ (as of last year) and Classic Game Room, this guy picks shit you prolly didn't even see cause he loves arcade type games so much, god knows half his list is often Codemasters stuff. anyway, it's just refreshing to see different titles, rather than say, ME3 getting RPG of the year again from somebody, somehow.