Hondo's Bar

Remember Me

Lipala

So I'm not sure how I missed this title

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remember_Me_(video_game)

Am I blind or has there just been 0 marketing push for a game coming out in 2 months?

I only found out about it because of rant on how publishers are forcing developers to user male leads and not letting them have female characters that are much beyond props without a big fight from the developer.

Overall it looks fantastic, I think I may have to promote the hell out of the game with my friends to prove to a publisher female protagonists can sell copies. Its helpful when one of my best friends knows like almost everyone in the music and gaming industry within one acquaintance :P

Fucked up thing is, it seems like it doesn't really matter how successful the game is.

You ever play Mirror's Edge? There's a strong, non-exploitive female protagonist with a fresh take on the genre. Got great reviews and sold well. EA was still like "ehhhhhh". Maybe if it starred Brock Uppercut we would have a sequel by now?

The problem isn't that gamers won't accept a strong non-exploitative female character (most gamers over 15 tired of Lara croft's sculpted ass and Kasumi's bouncing breasts ages ago) it's more that a lot of game designers are like David jaffee (creator of kratos and twisted metal, not highly regarded in feminist circles) and that the higher UPS of those companies see no need to try and steer their teams toward new ideas.