Hondo's Bar

I'm all up to date now I think. Unless episode 10 has aired but I can't find it anywhere. What day does this air in the States? I heard something about labour day delaying TV shows but I don't know when labour day is.

Mickey shooting the FBI agent didn't make sense to me at first but then I thought maybe he really is trying to do right by Ray and all his kids. I'd still love to know why exactly Ray hates Mickey so much. It's been hinted at but I think there's more to it. Anyone care to shed any light on that?

^thats when the bay has it!

Shane -

i think Sen thought that too, that wasn't my take at all though

1) Mickey's old school...he wants what he wants (ray's life, possibly family) but i don't think he wants to be a snitch to get it. we saw him hand over babyhead-smeller only talked about his family, i didn't see him giving them legit information (could be wrong i guess, but i think even after being at gunpoint he might still want to be wanted?)

2) it clicked the minute this idiot slipped & said he had no oversight: mickey could do something very easy for him and be out from under this guy, who aside from him simply hating for being a fed, went from waving renewed jailtime to busting his balls freely in front of his family. as soon as mickey asked "...so no one else knows?" i thought he was doomed.

way more than enough reason there on the table for me to not have to assume he cares for ray, just that he'd not go about things that way. as for what he did to Ray...we now know he shot Colleen, his one true love or whatever, and we've known since jump that his negligence in abandoning them left them traumatized (especially Bunch), and that might be enough but i'm with you, i think it's obvious the show is playing at dropping some terrible bomb later on with a bigger picture on what pushed Ray to set up/go through with the framing.

You mention Colleen but I was under the impression Sean Walker shot Colleen. He must have killed some other girl which would make sense. It's quite odd how Mickey is so buddy buddy with a guy who was instrumental in his framing. Although he is a really well written character. You never quite know what's going on in his head.

Prediction is that he'll get the better of Sully purely because Mickey is just too much damn fun to die in season 1.

On a side note Rays lesbian desk jockey is kinda skinny but damn sexy in a strange sort of way.

All I kept thinking throughout that episode was "Mickey loves ya!".

Yeah Mickey is too awesome a character to die. Sully is no doubt coming for Ray now.

I'm even more confused about the Colleen thing. Mickey didn't do it but Ray framed him to send him to prison for it. Not only that but he's protecting the guy who actually did do it (well not anymore heh). What the fuck did Mickey actually do then? The whole being a shitty father doesn't seem like enough because the brothers have all come around so he obviously pissed off Ray in particular.

Ray seems to have been involved in waaaaay more in Boston than his brothers ever knew about. They've been eluding to it all season, but the clue that perked me up was the "Micky's Boy" nickname line. Ray was probably coming up in the "family business" when everything went to shit back home. The girlfriend's affair with Sulley. The girlfriend's death. Micky's robbery. Micky's framing. Even the sister's death is connected somehow.

I don't think Ray is in too much trouble with Sulley. I mean, dude has the money. He's still wanted. He should scram. I don't know, though.

Finally: funny how Ray was wanting a baby and got his wish :)

Edited by Panch

Yeah, I think it's more like Sully should watch out for Ray.

As for what Mickey did to justify Ray framing him for murder, I've written about it on here before, my theory is it has something to do w/ Ray's sister's suicide. Maybe Mickey got her hooked on drugs or sold her the drugs. Also, maybe she was depressed over Mickey leaving for Claudette while her mom died. Ray hinted at something like that to Bunchy in the last episode. I'd really be surprised if Mickey molested her, but that's also a possibility.

shane was right about colleen, my bad

okay its obviously too early for mickey to go (if ever) but looking at it again, this felt a little sloppy...why would ray, knowing a) mickey's gonna say whatever to save his skin, and b) that he wasnt the one who actually killed colleen, set it up this way? he was betting the farm on crazy ass Sully to just not listen or pull the trigger before he got to that bit? where the fuck was manolo/anyone from his crew to make sure this didn't go tits-up like it just did?

and ray's wife really needs to mind hers, but now that she admitted to having talked to mickey the whole time, i cant imagine ray's staying at home very much

nah, she's not

she knew a Sleepers scenario when she saw it & went about her business, that bumps her up a bit for me. if anything, horny housewife needs to learn to mind hers.

also, i told panch i was suspicious after that blatant flashback scene where ray watches his sister jump, and someone's in a car with ice cream & a collared priest pushes his head down to his lap, so i shoulda seen that coming.

i think the FBI dude's threat is mad hollow, though i was nervous the cops were gonna check mickey's story and show up at the gym all episode

nah, she's not

she knew a Sleepers scenario when she saw it & went about her business, that bumps her up a bit for me. if anything, horny housewife needs to learn to mind hers.

Oh, yeah, She most definitely is.

Abby is a HUGE hypocrite. She lied to Ray for YEARS while writing to Mickey in prison and then she invited him to California. If Mickey had stayed away, Bunchy would definitely be in better shape and Ray wouldn't have had to relive probably the most traumatic event of his life by seeing his childhood rapist again. Not to mention all Ray's FBI problems and the shitstorm he created for himself in the process of trying to solve that problem w/ James Woods' character wouldn't have occurred. She did all that and then has the balls to whine all season long that her husband isn't honest with her and doesn't share "emotional intimacy."

Yeah, Abby--wife of the fucking year.