Hondo's Bar

Inhumans

Ok, so this wasn't that bad. Not perfect, but not the piece of trash the internet had dubbed it to be. Would I have bought an IMAX ticket for it? No, but on par, at least, with Agent Carter and most of Agents of SHIELD. I'll say this: it was more engaging and fun than Iron Fist and I liked Iron Fist.

EDIT: This is a review of the 2 episode premiere.

Edited by Da Cap'n 2099

So, after seeing the Sinead O'Connor version of Medusa and reading some of the horrible reviews from the theatrical release, I dialed down my expectations A LOT since this project was initially announced and casting began. That still did not prepare me for the cluster fuck which is The Inhumans pilot episode. The worst thing Marvel TV has done since Iron Fist and it's no coincidence the same creator/show runner is behind both series. Fucking Scott Buck. Damnit, Scott!

• 4 weeks later...

NZA and I watched the first episode and I enjoyed it! I haven't read the source material, but I thought the characters and beginning of the story were interesting enough to keep checking it out (in it for Lockjaw, TBH). But I could do without the industrial covers of classic rock songs, haha. Those were unintentionally hilarious.

I know TV budgets and time constraints usually make for shitty effects, but these weren't bad! I've seen sooo much worse. 

yeah, I was glad she dug it - digging the source material (under certain writers) always makes me wonder if there's enough here to entertain someone with no attachment/less inclination to ride out slower bits (preacher comes to mind...), but I'm definitely on board. looks like it's up to 4 eps so far, and knowing this is all we get, I'm eager to see where it goes - should tie up right before agents comes back, I figure 

• 4 weeks later...

done

this was like early marvel agents...I enjoyed parts but can't imagine people who aren't fans of the book liking this much (beyond lockjaw - well okay, karnak/gorgon were highlights too)

Scott Buck really can't keep getting work, though. god, there were fight scenes where they not only had a few dozen cuts, but each obscured the action. a lot of CW stuff here, and the laughable licensed music covers kept coming (blow up the outside world was peak) but yeah, 1 season was enough.