Hondo's Bar

Inhumans

I guess. I just know he's gonna own this role and hopefully/maybe he'll get to act alongside the other bigs in this universe.

I always said Mount would have been a great replacement for Jackman as Wolverine (despite being only 4 years younger than him and defeating the purpose) and now he's in the Marvel Universe! So stoked!

Lockjaw!

Okay, now I'm actually excited to see this. It looks like they're at least gonna try to do this right. I'm still suspicious, like Panch & Baytor, about this being on ABC. Are they going to do Karnak justice? How's Medusa's hair gonna be on an ABC/22 episode budget? Will they really have the balls to keep a/the main character, Blackbolt, silent or are they gonna cheat that somehow?

Gonna be honest: Anson Mount's addition (as Blackbolt, no less) has really secured me to the hype train (heh) for this. Seeing these photos make me downright giddy.

When I read he was cast I thought of you as you're the only person I know who felt so passionately about the Hell on Wheels show. Looking forward to see what he can do in the part. Although that costume in the pic above makes him look like he was cut out of a scene in the first X-Men flick.

• 1 month later...

While that cast photo of the newest Stargate spin-off doesn't inspire confidence, I'm still interested in this. I'm rather disappointed in how normal Gorgon looks and the lack of Triton is similarly irksome. I was hoping for more of a Farscape aesthetic than Andromeda. This show will live or die on its special effects.

• 2 weeks later...

Would've preferred a movie. The whole 'dramatic-series' / Agents of SHIELD stuff really turns me off.

But this is kinda a spin-off of the Agents of SHIELD, right? I've only seen one episode when it first came out and - nah. Saw one more - on Panch's recommend - the one that introduced the Terrigen Mist? Mega-nah.

Wish they went - basically - with whatever they got planned for this series - just condensed into an hour and a half. Basically, remove all the 'To Be Continued's / cliffhangers and all scenes that recap previous episodes.

Could they not just squeeze this into the Cinematic Universe schedule (it once was) or is this 'story' better suited for tv? I guess having it's origins lying in AoS - answers my own question.

It's a pretty well known fact that AoS has been on the rocks for a while. They've had enough ratings to justify keeping going but no one was loving it. More just watching out of obligation to the mcu, and the less tieins that happened, the less people cared about it. They needed something fresh and new, and they needed to compete against their biggest foe - the CW. While Inhumans would have made for a better movie, it makes sense to try and go the television route with it.

It's a pretty well known fact that AoS has been on the rocks for a while. They've had enough ratings to justify keeping going but no one was loving it. More just watching out of obligation to the mcu, and the less tieins that happened, the less people cared about it. They needed something fresh and new, and they needed to compete against their biggest foe - the CW. While Inhumans would have made for a better movie, it makes sense to try and go the television route with it.

Whatchu talkin' bout, Willis? This last season was damn good. I've completely dropped off on the CW. I struggled to stay with Flash S3, but stopped around episode five or six and never went back. AoS is not the best show on TV, but it always delivers in the end.

Hopefully Inhumans is able to deliver and those promo pics aren't doing the final product justice.

Eh, maybe I should have specified that "prior to this season" SHIELD was having issues. That's why they moved the timeslot and changed around their writing team etc - to try and make it biiger and better than it was before.

This season was awesome.

• 1 month later...

The internets seem to be upset about lack of Medusa hair, but the team behind it came out and said - this is not even close to the finished version, so I trust it will look really cool once they get there. GF said she wants to try and catch the IMAX showing of this. Anyone else interested planning on trying to see it that way?

• 3 weeks later...

Gonna be honest: I'm torn. Some of this looks really cool and some of it... looks like utter shit. Here's hopin' the finished product ends up more like that last season of Agents of SHIELD (Ghost Rider/Hydraworld) and less like the first (everything before their first MCU movie tie-in).

• 1 month later...