Hondo's Bar

Inhumans

• 1 year later...

EW: Marvel Studios plans to delay Inhumans movie

The reason for the change? In the time since the Inhumans movie was announced in October 2014, Marvel Studios has added a number of new projects to its lineup, including a partnership project with Sony Pictures for a 2017 Spider-Man reboot with Tom Holland as the webslinger.

“Since we made our initial phase three announcement, we added Spider-Man, which was a big joyous coup for us. We added Ant-Man and the Wasp, which was a big fun continuation of that story for us. Walt Disney Company has announced an Indiana Jones film for right around that same time. So I think it will shuffle off the current date that it’s on right now,” Feige said in an interview with Collider’s Haleigh Foutch. “How far down it shuffles, I’m not sure yet.”

zuM9jWA.gif

prolly not surprising, but a bummer all the same

• 2 weeks later...

Marvel's Inhumans removed from the schedule

Disney has confirmed what most fanboys have known for the past 11 days: The studio is pulling Marvel’s Inhumans off its July 12, 2019 release date for the time being, and leaving it as unset. Marvel has made a lot of additions to its release calendar, i.e. Spider-Man: Homecoming on July 7, 2017 and Ant-Man And The Wasp on July 6, 2018, which has pushed Inhumans to the back burner. In an interview with Collider, Marvel honcho Kevin Feige pointed to the fact that Disney/Lucasfilm’s next Indiana Jones film is scheduled for the weekend following Inhumans, July 19.

Inhumans isn’t dead, it’s just a matter of when Marvel will fire it up. Currently, there’s a script by Joe Robert Cole (Black Panther, American Crime Story). Originally, Inhumans was part of Marvel’s 3.0 phase where they were delving even deeper into their vaults to launch more of their niche superheros on the big screen.

starting to think they're bumping it back to phase 4 (post current avengers lineup), which might be a better fit...part of me wonders if marvel's hedging their bets on having some shared x-rights by then, too.

Uneducated in trademark law conspiracy theory incoming

part of me wonders if marvel's hedging their bets on having some shared x-rights by then, too.

Ok so I was thinking about this also. Marvel is about to do that Death of X storyline in the books, and we still don't fully know what that is right? It's a wacky idea, and again I have know Idea what kind of loopholes, if any, this could open up. But what if that story effectively stops the X-Men from being X-Men... as in it gets rid of the label "Mutant" completely and for some reason creates either a new name for those superheroes.... or turns them into Inhumans somehow.

Therefore freeing up the rights to use the characters? I mean, both studios got away with using 2 different Quicksilvers. Is the name Scott Summers owned by one studio, or just Cyclops? It seems like a lot to go through just to have those characters.... and probably won't even work. Iuhnno ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• 6 months later...

Marvel's 'The Inhumans' to premier on ABC in Fall 2017

"Marvel's @TheInhumans" comes to @ABCNetwork in Fall 2017! See the first two episodes Summer 2017 in #IMAX. http://bit.ly/2fR3LnL

Marvel Television, a unit of Marvel Entertainment, and Disney|ABC Television Group today announced an innovative agreement to exclusively premiere the new ABC series “Marvel’s The Inhumans” in IMAX commercial theatres, marking the first time a live-action television series has debuted in this manner.

Under the agreement, a version of the first two episodes of Marvel Television’s new series “Marvel’s The Inhumans”--produced in conjunction with ABC Studios and filmed entirely with IMAX digital cameras--will run worldwide exclusively in IMAX for two weeks at the beginning of September 2017. ABC plans to then premiere the weekly series in fall, with additional exclusive content that can only be seen on the network.

The Inhumans, a race of superhumans with diverse and singularly unique powers, were first introduced in Marvel Comics by Stan Lee and Jack Kirby in 1965. Since that time, they have grown in prominence and become some of the most popular and iconic characters in the Marvel Universe. “Marvel’s The Inhumans” will explore the never-before-told epic adventure of Black Bolt and the royal family.

"is the movie still happening?"

"is this replacing Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"

"can lockjaw even be done on ABC's budget?"

"what is going on"

its%20a%20mystery.gif

"is the movie still happening?"

"is this replacing Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.?"

"can lockjaw even be done on ABC's budget?"

"what is going on"

Probably not.

Depends on the ratings this season. (does it NEED to continue?)

Eh. Ghost riders doing ok.

Marvels trying to plan their next step since contracts surrounding the X-men are not finalized and they want to compete in the same space as the CW shows which are killing it right now. Having multiple Marvel weekly shows just seems like a logical move to them.

• 3 months later...

black-bolt-anson-mounts-235242.jpg

Marvel's The Inhumans Casts Hell On Wheels Star As Black Bolt

Marvel's The Inhumans has cast Anson Mounts, star of AMC's Hell on Wheels, as Black Bolt, king of the Inhumans.

Mounts is one of two leads cast in the new ABC series. The other is Game of Thrones alum Iwan Rheon as Maximus the Mad, Black Bolt's brother.

“Anson loves the challenge of playing a character who will only communicate silently,” said Jeph Loeb, head of Marvel Television and executive producer on Marvel's The Inhumans. “His enthusiasm mixed with his imposing almost regal persona made it easy to see why he is our Black Bolt.”

“Black Bolt is a character whose deep complexity must be conveyed without uttering a single word, and I’m very excited to have Anson on board to bring him to life,” added showrunner and executive producer, Scott Buck.

http://comicbook.com/2017/02/28/inhumans-black-bolt-anson-mount/

HELL YEAH! Hype just went way up!

Why would you hire someone good at talking for a non-speaking role, though? I remember back when they were talking Vin Diesel I thought that was perfect because he works best when he's not speaking, if I were to make an Inhumans show in the 80s I would seek out Christopher Lambert for the role. Now? I guess, maybe Sam Worthington?