Hondo's Bar

Curb Your Enthusiasm

• 4 months later...

Curb Your Enthusiasm, Season 9 will premiere on October 1st, says JB Smoove.

JB Smoove’s appearance at the Roots Picnic Saturday night was pretty, pretty good.

After taking the stage in Philadelphia alongside singer Amanda Seales to introduce The Roots, Smoove revealed that the new season of HBO's Curb Your Enthusiasm will premiere on Sunday, October 1, according to my colleague Dan DeLuca.

HBO did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Curb Your Enthusiasm, written by and starring Seinfeld co-creater Larry David, is coming off a five-year hiatus. In addition to David and Smoove, the show stars comedian Jeff Garlin, who talked a bit about the new season in a recent appearance on ABC News' Popcorn With Peter Travers.

"It’s coming back with all the things about it that people love," Garlin said. "But it’s not following any big formula. The storyline is rather insane. Like people are gonna go, 'I can’t believe they’re doing this!' That’s what they’re gonna say. And I don’t often think that with our show."

giphy.gif

WE OUTCHEA, PANCHY

• 1 month later...

^ LOL - that's a funny poster.

Nemo doesn't seem to agree with me tho :(

Alx likes it, tho. We watched that 'Seinfeld Reunion' season together. LOL - when it was over - she was like, 'Awww - I wanna watch more!' I really do gotta give it a shot from the beginning. I should like it...like, scientifically...because I love 'Seinfeld' to death. Just...that 'barbed humor' ain't my kinda flavor.

c9249c7105f79bea2dad50dcf31b4dad.jpg

That's exactly what Alx sez - she use to watch Curb regularly in the day. Like, throughout our 'Reunion Season' binge - she'd comment on how she missed watching the show. Y'know she's way more 'w/ it' than I am. I'm a moldy old toad. My tastes are very...'lame'.

"...aaaaaaand I like it that way!"

32b44c3ac039bb692573bbed2b0b9e4e--dana-carvey-first-game.jpg

LOL! I'm actually looking forward to giving Season 1 a shot, one day...w/ my arms firmly placed in the 'crossed' position.

grumpy-o.gif

• 3 weeks later...

When recently asked why bring back the show after five years, Larry David had the absolute perfect Larry David reply: "Why not?"

List of guest stars confirmed for S9.

Nick Offerman is the name that has me most excited. And of course it wouldn't be CYE w/out Richard Lewis, Ted Danson, and Mary Stenburgen.

Elizabeth Banks, Bryan Cranston, Jimmy Kimmel, Ed Begley, Jr., Carrie Brownstein, Lauren Graham, Nick Offerman, Nasim Pedrad, Elizabeth Perkins, June Diane Raphael and Judge Judy herself, Judith Sheindlin, who appears as her TV alter-ego, are among those set to appear in the new season of the returning HBO comedy. The pay cabler made the announcement Wednesday at the Television Critics Association's summer press tour.

Additionally, HBO confirmed that longtime star Cheryl Hines, as well as fan-favorite recurring guests Richard Lewis, Bob Einstein, Ted Danson and Mary Steenburgen, will return for the highly anticipated revival. They join fellow returning castmembers Larry David, Jeff Garlin, Susie Essman and JB Smoove.

...LOL! I'm actually looking forward to giving Season 1 a shot, one day...w/ my arms firmly placed in the 'crossed' position....

I started rewatching S1 last week and S1E1 "Pants Tent" still holds up as comedy gold 17 years later.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
9 hours ago, Mr. Hakujin said:

(I don't think the absence of fatwa is a coincidence either.)

i dunno, i know those have had mixed bits but the last one i saw where larry completely ruined funkhouser's nephew's memorial had me dying when it came together 

• 11 months later...

‘Curb Your Enthusiasm’ Season 10 Finally Begins Production

[IMG]

[�IMG]

• Really Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...