Hondo's Bar

DC to reboot Hanna-Barbera characters

Da Cap'n 2099

DC Entertainment has reported today that DC Comics will be rebooting various Hanna-Barbera cartoons in the upcoming year. Included in the reboot are new takes on beloved series Wacky Races, Jonny Quest, The Flintstones, and Scooby-Doo; each of which will be updated to appeal to teen-plus audiences.

ScoobApocalypse_Final_56a96abd0ffc68.31210261.jpg

ScoobyDoo_LeeCVR-1_56a96acfa57a34.15976450.jpg

Future-Quest-promo_56a96b0d86da90.51306406.jpg

Future-Quest-promo02_56a96b258d33a6.11308459.jpg

Future-Quest-promo03_56a96b343ee7c1.20380704.jpg

Future-Quest-promo04_56a96b464df797.31507074.jpg

Wacky-Raceland-promo_56a96b58247a93.04418318.jpg

Flintstones-promo_56a96b6a4cc2b0.64878617.jpg

http://www.allthenerds.com/dc-comics-to-reboot-hanna-barbera-characters/

Glad someone is doing something with these iconic properties! I was watching the Jetsons last night ('62 run) and wondering when the hell are we getting a live-action version.

It all looked cool 'cept for Scooby-Doo. What the hell? Are they Ghostbusters now? Is Shaggy supposed to be Dr. Strange? Or some hipster youtuber? LOL - what's going on there? Need more info.

Initially, I thought the Flintstones was off-putting, but it's just a different art style - not an entire character / concept design revamp like the 'Doo team. Wacky Race Land is a damn brilliant idea: the whole Hanna-Barbara universe in a Cannonball Run-type race...as a series?! Brilliant.

I love the Hanna-Barbara universe. I got me the Herculoids figure-set of 3 that combine into a lovely display, sitting on top of my toy shelf. (Not my pic - google pic)

TN4700Clg.jpg

I'd be all over these TPBs if they come out.

I am all for some classic Space Ghost. Anyone remember the USA Cartoon Express block? Man, I used to watch the hell out of that. Space Ghost and Herculoids were my favorites!

I have two gripes:

1) Those Scooby Doo designs

2) Needs more Blue Falcon and Dynomutt.

USA Cartoon Express FTW! Hell yeah, dude!

I remember when it got to point where the Ninja Turtles, Real Ghostbusters and Scooby were all onboard together. That train ended up turning into a massive cartoon mash-up.

Dynomutt and Blue Falcon...they totally gotta do something w/ that!

tumblr_lyoxbpg8FM1r7r5bto1_1280.jpg