Hondo's Bar

Red Dead Redemption 2

C_U_SPACECOWBOY

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Eh, I see it less as supporting rockstar and more supporting the people that put those hours in. They want you to buy the game and appreciate that hard work.

The conversation of crunch absolutely does not need to go away though and has to be talked about. In every type of job. I just don't think not buying the game is the right approach. I've seen the devs say this much at least.

yeah i know it's a bigger conversation - and really, i just tend to buy used anyway

a studio would have to plant their flag on anti union rhetoric for me to take a firm stance, is imagine

its for another thread, but I'm fuckin done with gog after their repeated fuckery

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

I love this game so much. A few criticisms ( I really wish fast travel worked like in the first game, ) but it's such an immersive experience. Everything you do has a certain weight to it, so it always feels like it matters. RDR 1 has been in my top 5 for some time. I dunno if this one quite edges that one out, but as I keep playing it's coming damn close. Plus these are some of the best written characters I've ever met in a game. And John's there too of course, and I'm always jumping at a chance to do missions with him. 

Credits are rolling now. Stick with it. If anything the main story is satisfying as hell. Not even gonna spoiler tag anything. Just get through it. So many great moments are in here and lots to unpack. Took me awhile for Arthur to grow on me, I think I ended up liking him more than John though.

I will say, I hope there is an Undead Nightmare 2 somehow. With this engine that would be insane.

• 2 weeks later...

git gud

Or grab a scholfield. You get dual wieldimg yet? You get that pretty early on and that helps. And customize them to make them a bit stronger. Plus always carry some gun oil with you to clean them. Probably one of my least favorite aspects of the game is weapon degradation. I hate it in any game. 

Your repeaters will become pretty good friends also. Carbine is powerful, but lancaster gives you more bullets in a single round to pump dudes full of.

• Like 1

:lush: this was excellent advice! thank ye

i'd literally just unlocked dual wielding last night, so i bought that gun with a quickness & upgraded both it and my lame stock one (i can sell the latter down the road i figure).  just finished the mission that gave me the lancaster so that got fixed up too, bought better ammo for both.

spend the rest of it making buckwheat (my horse) more fancy cause YOLO

bububutts weapon degradation is what balances a game and makes it reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllll

• Haha 1

Oh! Also, with horses, be sure to scan all of them. I killed a bunch of O'driscolls and one of them had a pretty, brindle thoroughbred that had excellent speed and balance. Don't be afraid to swap em out. 

Shires for life though

I started a new game with the intention of doing a full FPS run, but I find that using it as a tool for better aiming just helps. It's fun being able to play at a slower pace, catching shit I missed before. Don't skip out on specific character mini missions at camp. Some are missable and you get some great character development. I missed a few first go, so I gotta pick some more of those up. 

yeah, it was one of those camp missions that went sideways, right? we shot out way out & had to escape a small barn that burned down around us in the process.  right after we split up, bounty hunters caught me & i guess they hit bucky too...then, the game loaded, and i was on some other nag, with buckwheat nowhere in sight.  :misty:  i kept revivals on me but there was nothing to revive for some reason. 

he was the DLC horse, so i went & got one like him (oreo), but it's not the same.  siggghhh

44707923_2249488695340429_45601044651270

• Haha 1

also: following axel's say-so, i'd bought a schofield (sp?) and modded it earlier.

i found a worn one on some dude and am now dual wielding with them - but i can't seem to have it come up when i'm at the gunsmith? is that normal? id love to clean & mod this one too, and maybe sell some of these shotguns/etc i don't use (i'm just pistols or lancaster really) 

The worn ones are just spare ones you see lying around off dead guys. They don't serve a purpose other than snatching them up on the fly. Say you forget your carbine, some othe dude has one though, you can snatch it up in battle. Otherwise you have to buy, or find the guns in lockboxes to unlock them as yours to "own". Side business robberies and other places may have free weapons  that you can claim. ALSO! Do the gunslinger interviews for the book asap. You get a special pistol from each of those guys. I think they are slightly more powerful than their normal counterparts. One even has a free mauser-type pistol!

Now, I don't think there is a way to claim guns off other dudes. Selling on the other hand I dunno. I haven't tried that. 

• Thanks 1

• 4 years later...