Hondo's Bar

Anime Update ^-^

Sango

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know anything about this? I'm playing Chrono Trigger right now, so I thought this might be related somehow but it's not. Somethin'about Mary Magdalene...:blink:

chrono1.jpg

The year is 1928 A.D. The place is New York, U.S.A. The economic prosperity brought forth after the Great War also heightened the presence of something far darker and much more sinister: the demonic Sinners. The Magdalene Order is an organization that tries to counter this force. Two of its exorcists are Rosette Christopher and her assistant, Chrono. Both appear out of place in an organization like this, and they are in a quest to find Rosette's missing brother, Joshua. Their relationships, secrets and fates can only be revealed in time...

i too was curious about this one for the same reasons (and you are awesome for plyaing Chrono Trigger, i gotta talk bout that one in video game forum), but yeah it looks unrleated, just like the first shitty Final Fantasy Crystal something anime (or so ive heard), and i remember seeing just a few minutes of some Suikoden series to know it had dick to do with the game. :blink:

It's called Chrono Crusade. It has nothing to do with Chrono Trigger. See the guy with the long hair. He's her partner who also happens to a be a demon. His life force is bonded with hers. Every time he has to power up to fight a major demon he saps her life force. Meaning the more he use his powers she slowly dies :blink: but don't let that fool you. It's still a funny show.

• 6 months later...

Just noticed this thread. Chrno Crusade is good, and no, it's not just a Inu Yasha rip off with a misleading title.

So what are yall's favorites amongst currently ongoing series? Right now I'm enjoying, Eyeshield 21, Gakuen Alice, Mushishi, Yakitate Japan, and Konjiki no Gash Bell, amongst others.

• 5 months later...

Wizard had a good article this month, ima basically summarize it here...

5 New Anime series on the horizon

Said these were all shown (i think) at the Tokyo Anime fair, being brought by Geneon:

Ergo Proxy

ergoproxy%20photo%2009.jpg

Brought by the same animation staff as Samurai Champloo, this one's supposed to be in the vien of the Animatrix's "Second Renisance", where lazy humans are letting robots do all the work for them, but a string of murders leads to the very edge of this new society....

Black Lagoon

BlackLagoon1_23012005.jpg

Animated by Madhouse Studios (Trigun, Ninja Scroll), this one's all gunplay and supposedly Tarentino-like action, i'm gonna look for more on this one.

Gintama

a.gif

Fresh out of Shonen Jump, this one's supposed to be about a freelance samurai who's all about paying his rent and, uh, dessert. Newtype might one look into this one, Wizard compares it to his beloved Excel Saga.

Tokko

tokko_9.jpg

tokko_8.jpg

This one's for Panch: The creator of GTO, focusing on a world where a special, blade-wielding unit of cops is in charge of combating zombies!

Le Chevalier D'eon

cheva_01.jpg

The people who brought you Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex bring you a french historical drama (?) about a famous spy, and uh, all i know is its supposed to be clever and gruesome.

more to come as i find it!

• 11 months later...

You know, we got people all over this forum now (Boogie, Ly, Newt, MH etc) but no one ever said shit about those 5 new anime i was putting out there. I'm hoping we can fix that.

That said, this week, the anime i wanna ask about are:

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi

Lucky star

...go!

ps if anyone has any copies of something from the milk junkies series...holla!

Heard good things about Ergo Proxy, seen very little of it (something I'll have to change).

Black Lagoon is good, a series about a Japanese businessman that gets held for ransom, then joins his captors when the ransom isn't paid (I'll see a bit more of this series tomorrow).

Watched the first 3 or 4 episodes of TOKKO, and need to watch more. Seems like an interesting series, although its certainly been done before: years ago, a portal was opened to another place, letting loose demonic beings that massacred almost everyone in the neighborhood. Years later one of the survivors and his sister have joined the police when strange attacks begin to occur.

Wasn't impressed with The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi, but then I haven't seen much of it, either.

Not familiar with the others, except a friend was into the Le Chevalier D'eon . I'll have to ask her about it.

You know, we got people all over this forum now (Boogie, Ly, Newt, MH etc) but no one ever said shit about those 5 new anime i was putting out there. I'm hoping we can fix that.

That said, this week, the anime i wanna ask about are:

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi

Lucky star

...go!

ps if anyone has any copies of something from the milk junkies series...holla!

The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi:

The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya follows the high school life of Haruhi Suzumiya, a young and very active high school girl, and those who are caught up in her antics. While Haruhi is the central character to the plot, the story is told from the point of view of Kyon, one of Haruhi's classmates.

Kyon is an ordinary freshman high school student who has recently given up his fantasies of espers, time travelers, and aliens as he left middle school.[7] When he chooses to speak to Haruhi, he unwittingly sets off a chain of events which drag him into surreal situations; he is drawn further into a world eerily like the fantasies he had just managed to outgrow, with Haruhi at its center.

Searching for a group that interests her, Haruhi joins and quits every club in the school, finding only dissatisfaction.[8] Kyon makes a snide remark about her actions and accidentally provides Haruhi the inspiration to create a club of her own. To help start the club, Haruhi forcefully drafts Kyon, who only stays in the club to protect other helpless victims of Haruhi's "voluntary arrests." As the story progresses, Kyon finds that each of these supposedly "helpless victims" has a specific reason to be there.[9]

The first of these new members is Yuki Nagato, a silent bibliophile who usually wants to simply be left alone to read. Without Haruhi knowing, Yuki is in fact a "humanoid interface," or an artificial human, created by the extraterrestrial Integrated Data Entity.[9] The next member is the shy and timid Mikuru Asahina, who is one year above Haruhi; she is actually a time traveler.[9] The final member of the SOS Brigade is Itsuki Koizumi, who is almost always smiling and more than willing to give in to Haruhi's strange demands. He turns out to be one of many espers in an organization known as the the Agency.[9]

Except for Kyon, the members of the club are secret agents of various organizations who are sent to observe Haruhi. They gradually explain that Haruhi has superhuman control over every aspect of the universe — an ability which she is unaware of. Whenever Haruhi becomes bored or otherwise dissatisfied with reality, she unconsciously creates a new universe — one more to her liking — and attempts to switch over, thus leading to the destruction of the current universe. In order to prevent this, the members of Haruhi's club spend their time attempting to keep their god-like leader entertained, hold her powers in check, and maintain the illusion of a normal life.

The series never clarifies whether the club members gathered around Haruhi by their own free will, her subconscious, or were simply created out of thin air for Haruhi's amusement. The question of their origin is a motif seen throughout the series.

I download this just to check it out and I'm glad I did. I'll take my HD to the next meet up so I can upload it to you computer.

Just so you know the show is shown out of chronological order so don't freak out.

Lucky star:

Portrays the lives of several school girls attending a Japanese high school with a very loose humor tone. The main heroine is Konata Izumi, an athletic and intelligent girl who, despite these attributes, is not in a sports club, and her grades remain low. Her laziness at school is due to her love for anime and video games, :anger: and is not interested in much else. The serialization began with the four main characters in their first year of high school: Konata Izumi, Kagami Hiiragi, Tsukasa Hiiragi, and Miyuki Takara. As the story progresses, they move onto their second and third year.

Working on it.

...damn, that was quick. thanks to you both! i had a few more i was told to look into, but i gotta dig up the names...one was like Kyo something the travels or something? and i know this guy told me to salvage my Helsing viewing by watching the OAV's, not sure if newt has those as well or not.

PS you got Monster, man? still wanna see that, and i think MH is holding out.

...damn, that was quick. thanks to you both! i had a few more i was told to look into, but i gotta dig up the names...one was like Kyo something the travels or something? and i know this guy told me to salvage my Helsing viewing by watching the OAV's, not sure if newt has those as well or not.

Kyou Kara Maou, maybe?

ps. :anger:

http://www.animesuki.com/series.php/378.html

WORKING ON IT

The Hellsing OAV is way better.

Kyo?

Do you mean Samurai Deeper Kyo? If so just skip it cause even I didn't want to finish watching this.

Is Kyou Kara Maou the one where the guy get flushed into the toilet?

Edited by newtype

WORKING ON IT

The Hellsing OAV is way better.

Kyo?

Do you mean Samurai Deeper Kyo? If so just skip it cause even I didn't want to finish watching this.

Is Kyou Kara Maou the one where the guy get flushed into the toilet?

That's the one.

Yeah, I never was all that interested in finishing Samurai Deeper Kyo.

WORK HARDER

Cause i'm an ass who doesn't feel like downloading it

sounds good, and no its not Kyo, i only made it through 1 episode and never followed a "if you liked Kenshin..." recommendation again.

something with a K and Journey, i think?

Ah your thinking of kino's journey. I never did see that one.

P.S you do know that Monster is at 74 eps right.