Hondo's Bar

Anime Update ^-^

Sango

:sly: Well I can't say I'm the autority on anime but I usally know whats coming out before my friends do and watch it before them so yeah...I even watch old stuff...although most of it is shojo but can you expect I'm a girl so I should like that type of anime...anywayz the point...

:approve: here if anyone hears about a new anime or manga, sees or reads one that they like, feels the need to review what they have seen or read, has questions about whats going on in anime/manga, or doesn't understand some otaku term they can ask....

For example:

those that don't know what an otaku is???

"...an otaku is a term that became common within the community of fans they call anyone who was a die hard fan/enthusiast/expert of something (not just anime, but anything) an otaku. Like hardcore manga (comic-books) and computer games fans."

Also, I will post about new anime and what I've seen that rocks... not just anime "with out balls" that for those that are conserned with that lol :p ..

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well this is an old anime its from 1990 but its kick ass heres a pic its called Record of the Lodoss War:

its about an "unlikely group of adventurers join forces as their homeland, the "Accursed island of Lodoss" falls into chaos. The aspiring knight Parn, spirited elf Deedlit, gruff dwarf Ghim, soft spoken novice priest Etoh, gentle wizard Slayn and theif Woodchuck must use magic and swordplay against the witch Karla, who turns out to just be a small part of a complex plot to awaken a sleeping ancient evil." It totally rocks it has a love story, action, and much more... Its 13 episodes long thats 6 vhs tapes or 2 dvds it great it also has a second season which I have yet to finish... :D

lodosswar.gif

Just a bit of info on the otaku thing: While anime fans in America have decided that it's a good thing -- a serious anime/manga/video game fan -- in Japan, it's extremely derogatory. So should you ever be talking to a native Japanese anime fan/go to Japan and talk to folks about anime, don't call them an otaku. You could get hurt.  :help:

Thanks for the info....but you know I never stated go to Japan and call people that...I just wanted to let everyone know what it was...in some anime though they do call what i guess the U.S. calls people that enjoy and become obsessed with comics  " comic book freaks" they call them 'otaku...Even in Japanese conventions that I have watched on video with the subtitles they call the crazy collectors otaku sometimes they call themselves that...But of course out of manners I'm not going to go and say hey senpai are you an otaku?  :D thanx for the info once again

Well...It'll be great if there you could give you opinion on anime to or some info. on one that you liked and would like to recommend so that others could to...anyways the reason that i'm here....here is another anime that I watched not to long ago that is very cute, I'm sorry if you didn't like sailor moon but if you did here is a great series, the best part she ain't chicken like sailor moon she actually knows what she is doing you should watch its called:

Kamikaze Kaitou Jeanne

tvjeannegroup.jpg

As the end of the century draws near, God's and the Devil's agents are racing to gain power.  The Devil has been preparing by placing demons in paintings.  When those paintings are bought, their owner is possessed by the demon.A high school girl Kusakabe Maron  is the current day reincarnation of Jeanne D'Arc (Joan of Arc). Maron transforms into the master thief Kaitou Jeanne to steal many valuable items.. But actually she is not stealing the items. Jeanne is trying to capture the forces of the devil and return the power to God. The demons take over some beautiful paintings and rare pieces of art, in order to take over the hearts of humans. Maron is the only one who can do this without being possessed because she is the reincarnation of Jeanne D'Arc. Kaitou Sinbad also takes the "power", but returns it to the Devil(we think).  As far as I know, Sinbad is not a reincarnation of anyone.  If the Devil has more power at the end, he(?) will gain control over the world.  Kaitou Jeanne is trying to save the world from this fate.  But what happens when God's agent and the Devil's agent fall in love with each other? (Its about 44 episodes...)

Hey I know I know  :D to many post at once but what can i say  :D I love it even if I talking to myself because someone only posts to correct me and give me some info...Please, if you like it anything i post you could post " hey that sounds cool...maybe I'll watch it" or "hey i watched that  i think it sux  :D " or " i saw it and it mad no sense... :wary: " or hey I saw a show that rocked it was called..." I don't care give me some feed back that the point of the thread... anyways sorry i got carried away....

Back to the anime  :D  if you liked Marmalade Boy its like it

but on acid that is how it is...only w/o the drama or it if u

love watchin' funny anime that just makes you go lol all the time you must watch this its called:

Kodomo No Omocha a.k.a Child's Toy

021.jpg

Sana is a child TV star in the series "Child's Toy" as well as several TV commercials and one made-for-TV Movie(where she co-starred with actress Asako Kurumi! =) Sana is impulsive, kind, and some times a little less than....intelligent. She lives with her Mother(an Aoki award winning writer who has a squirrel named Maro-chan living on her head) and her  "pimp"(Sana gave him part of her allowance, so that makes him her pimp, right?) boyfriend Rei-kun.Even though she's a star, Sana attends school.But Her class is in utter chaos because the teacher can't control the boys, led by the notorious Hayama Akito. Hayama isn't a very happy person. Hayama's very intelligent and is behind the upheaval in the classroom, being the undisputed leader of the boys..Sana then becomes the leader of the girls...Hayama's best friend is Ohki Tsuyoshi, a small boy with glasses and an unpredictable temper.... This anime is psycho thats why its so funny strange things tend to happen...  In fact one site what sayin' "To describe the cast as abnormal is maybe a bit extreme, but I don't know any other series in which a woman can wear a double-barrelled cannon on her head and fire it..."

:D ( this series has about 90+ episodes)

Hey here another but this one it just "kicks ass" it an action anime....Its a little weird at first but kinda interesting...but the action is just way too cool  :D .....

KITE

kite1.jpg

Sawa looks like an ordinary college student but underneath her youth and naiveté there lurks a lethal and cold-blooded killer.After being orphaned at a young age, her parents the victims of a brutal double murder, Sawa was taken in by the detective assigned to her case. Not content to just watch as the imperfect justice system lets more and more criminals go loose every day, he’s decided to train her to be his instrument of justice, she now 2 blood-red earrings that symbolize her dead parents, a deadly assassin.After all, who’d suspect a pretty college student of being a deadly vigilante! Sawa is torn between her friendship with Oburi, who wishes to get out of the business, and her ties to her adopted father. Promising Sawa that he will find her parent’s murderer, Akai is able to use Sawa for his own means. What he doesn’t know is that Sawa has a mind and a vendetta of her own.

So....when are you lending them to me...I mean knowing you...you recorded it..right I mean yeah! So when do I get to see it..I liked the last one the one with Sawa cause Marmalade boy was way way to full of drama for its own good... :D  but I do how ever like the plot from KITE it sounds interesting....keep me informed...

I guess you can keep this as an informational for anime but how about the conventions too. find out the dates early enough for people to make plans and go to and stuff. besides that, i don't have much to say to this since when i started reading your summaries i skipped them since you have already told me over the phone. Baca!! :D  :D

Good picks, Sango - Lodoss War's cool stuff from what ive seen, need to see more of it, felt Final Fantasy-esque.

I hear Kite's excitin, but Child's Toy...ha.  Me & Yahven fell for that goofy one at FIU's Anime Club.  That's the most hyper lil chick ive ever seen.

If i can ever get Spiffytee back here, he'll hype this one he really likes, its a short series about a few cute witches at this weird school...fun stuff, some japanese name i cant recall right now.

Alright some people posted  :D....I felt a little  :D  posting all by myself....anywho here is the Newest anime that isn't so new that I've watched I thought that it totally rocked I thought it might be a good Idea to post ratings so I give this a 10/10:

Berserk  :D0102.jpg

Summary :thinking:

Berserk is the story of a young swordsman named Guts (Gatts, Gattsu, Gats, Gutz... Miura uses Guts ) and his journey towards something that will change his life and all those around him forever. The very first episode introduces us to an extremely PISSED and insane Guts, who is on the path for revenge, but as the story progresses we are shown the flashback of Guts's past and what led him to become the Black Swordsman.

The story is filled with the most amazing cast of extremely realistic characters, each with their own flaws, hopes, dreams, and ideals. Guts eventually joins the Band of the Hawk, a legendary army of bandits and mercenaries that will attempt to reach for the heavens with Guts as their right hand. The series is the telling of their ascension towards the one goal that their leader Griffith has seen, to rule absolutely and attain his own kingdom.

Most of the series takes place in the Kingdom of Midland, which has been waring with a neighboring kingdom, Tuda, for hundreds of years. Using this as a way to attain greatness, Griffith and the Hawks side with Midland and join their forces as one of its strongest components. the battles are bloody and vicious, and the interaction of characters is really great!

I got the summary at some site...I've seen the first HK dvd and I was amazed it was so kick ass :sly: Its a diffinte must see...I haven't met one person that told me it sucked so you know what that means...You've got to get you hands on it!

Well today I'm in that anime mood...So here is another one that totally Kicks ass! I love the setting I thought that it was orginal and I found it to be realistic for example it takes place mainly in France and they move a round to other places...I give it 10/10...Its called:

Noir

noir-gals.gif

Summary:

Two of the world's deadliest female assassins Kirika and Mireille join forces under the fabled and feared name of NOIR... When you first start and the theme song is finished it says basically "Two maidens that control Death..."

One is a French woman revered as a Professional hired assassin, and the other is a seemingly innocent teenage Japanese girl whose swift killing ability is masked by her lack of the memory, of her past. Together, they work as contract killers earning large sums of reward from taking lives. However, as Kirika's past starts to unfold its mysterious origin, they learn just how much they have to fear each other.

First of all, if you think that this is just another movie about "good assassins fighting against bad guys", you are so wrong. For Noir, there is no boundary dividing between Good and Evil. This is one of the rare stories that depicts the real lifestyles of assassins. These two girls are not good guys nor are they bad. They simply are what they are... hired killers. For Noir, it doesn't matter if you're the lowest dirtbag in the world or the most valiant and noble hero. If you have a large price on your head, you can expect a visit from them. Whether you fight back for all you're worth or you beg for mercy, you're already dead.

The Action scenes are like a combination of the new James Bond movies and the kick ass John Woo movies. You'll see Mireille's Silent Raid killing method using her silenced P99 handgun (a.k.a. 007's gun) and Kirika's brutally ruthless killing style in action. The Animation quality is perfect for this type of series. Nothing too fancy colored like sci-fi anime, but more than good enough. Especially because the sound effects are just very realistic. Every shot fired from Kirika's Baretta 92f gun will ring and echo while the sound of Mireille's silenced weapon will make you feel it slicing through flesh.

Speaking of sound, the Music of Noir is awesome. It combines classical European music with upbeat an techno mix that really compliments and enhances in defining the mood of each scene. I especially love the intro song with its old James Bond style of introduction.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey doesn't anyone watch anime around here?!?!?!? Whats up with this???:angry:  I put up the thread so that people can be informed about the new, the old, and the what sux :approve: ...Come on there has to be at least one anime that someone liked and would like other people to know about it!!!  :p

ALRIGHT!  :D  some one finally posted its been a long time   :scared: I'm so happy  :D

Anywayz I  saw some of BlackJack it wasn't to good I guess its not my type of anime there was something that just wasn't there for me...

oh well have you seen something that you liked???

You know you don't have to be good at talking about it as long as you talk I'm not good at it either so its okay   :D as long as someone is posting....

Over here there's a channel that shows anime movies on a Saturday night, sometimes I get watching one, I wanna see more. Can't think of any notable ones, saw Perfect Blue (I think it was called that?), that was one that was entertaining but nothing great to recommend. I'll have to start an 'Average Anime' thread! :p

Guest Yahve

Berzerk is pretty good, i have to finish watchign teh series... ites on VCD some where around here.

Child's Toy is a riot, its recommended viewing for anyone who thinks they can read fast  ;)    Does anyone have DivX copies of Child's Toy I can rip?? :D

I recently started watching a series called Tokyo Underground. It's pretty cool so far. Reminds me a lot of Flame of Recca. I think Yahve would like it. Can't give you too much of a description cause i've pnly seen about 4 eps and it's still airing in Japan so i don't even know how long it is   ???

• 2 weeks later...

Thanx for at least saying something...Its been a long time since i posted here so here is TOKYO UNDERGROUND I can't wait till there is more episodes so that I can get my hands on it....hey lizzy-chan i don't suppose you know how i can get a copy ??? :sly:

TKUNDRGRD1.jpgfront.gif

Summary:

Beneath the streets of Tokyo, way down below the abandoned subway tunnels, far down deep into the darkness, there is another world. It is a dark, forgotten world, the Tokyo Underground. From this world, two exhausted figures come running. Chelsea Rourke and Ruri Sarasa are involved in a desperate conflict. They are escaping from the underground world and forces of evil are hot on their heels.

Chelsea and Ruri find a temporary safe haven in the home of Rumina Asagi, a tough high school punk. He and his friend Ginosuke help the weary girls and offer them a place to stay. Ruri is an important personage in the underground world, and is called the "Inochi no Miko." Chelsea is Ruri's guard, and helps her to escape. The surface world is a unusual experience for them, and the boys are quite shocked to discover their new houseguests have amazing supernatural powers! However, the danger has not passed. Villains chasing the girls appear on Rumina's doorstep, and the fight continues. Chelsea does her best to protect Ruri, but during a moment of weakness, Rumina steps in to try and help, and he is killed for his efforts!

It is then that the boys learn the strength of Ruri's life powers, when she brings him back to life, awakening his latent Wind powers! Now Rumina has a stronger weapon with which to protect Ruri, and he does his best to learn how to use his new-found strength. Unfortunately this is just the beginning of many fierce battles that test his abilities and serve to strengthen his resolve to protect Ruri.

Check it out Fushi Fans the update all of the fans have been waiting for....

Fushigi Yuugi: *NEW* OVA

4 episodes based off the 8 novels.

Japans release dates:

First episode out in Dec21

2nd Feb2/2002

3rd Apr25/2002

4th June25/2002

DVD (4800Y) and video (5800Y) release

The Setting: 3 years after OVA the last OVA...

Here's some pics....

FYOVA3p1.jpg

FYOVA3b.jpg