Hondo's Bar

Anime Update ^-^

Sango

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 months later...

i just started watching major or well in 4 days iv watched 2 1/2 seasons of it. but i highly recomend it. its about baseball which i dont really like baseball at all in fact its the sport i hate most ( sorry to baseball fans out there). but the story is that good and involving. there are 4 seasons right now which span out to about 10 years time.and its not just about beating the next team. well i highly recomend it to even people like me who dislike sports. because anime sports is some how cooler to me than real sports.

• 3 months later...

Katsuhiro Otomo's acclaimed Akira science-fiction anime film will arrive on Blu-ray Disc in the United States on February 24. The American version will cost US$49.98 (without sales tax). Bandai Visual had planned on releasing this film on Blu-ray in July 2007 with Royal Space Force: Wings of Honneamise, Mobile Police Patlabor: The Movie, and other works, but it has been delayed since then.

The finalized disc will have 124 minutes on one side in two layers. The video will be in MPEG-4 AVC format with 16:9 aspect ratio and 1080p resolution. The Japanese soundtrack will be in both Dolby TrueHD 5.1-channel sound (24 bit/192 kHz) and linear PCM Dolby Surround. The English soundtrack will be in 5.1-channel sound. Both Japanese and English subtitles will be included, as well a special booklet, the teaser and standard trailers, and a video storyboard collection.

• 4 months later...

I've decided to start downloading anime again (I have a binder with just over 500 dvd's of burned mkv/ogm's), and I have been out of the game since about 2006.

Some of my favorite series' were, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Jungle Waa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu, Lain, Orochuban Ebichu (everyone should see this), Slayers, Super Radical Gag Family.

That being said can anyone recommend any newer (or older) series that are good? Specifically stuff that Best Buy doesn't sell, I've pretty well picked over everything they have already.

I've decided to start downloading anime again (I have a binder with just over 500 dvd's of burned mkv/ogm's), and I have been out of the game since about 2006.

Some of my favorite series' were, Irresponsible Captain Tylor, Jungle Waa Itsumo Hale Nochi Guu, Lain, Orochuban Ebichu (everyone should see this), Slayers, Super Radical Gag Family.

That being said can anyone recommend any newer (or older) series that are good? Specifically stuff that Best Buy doesn't sell, I've pretty well picked over everything they have already.

Hmm, have to shout out Black Lagoon even if BB does carry it. Really really good series. Um, I'm also hearing good things about Bakkano, but I haven't seen it yet, and was told to check it out without reading about it. I think Funimation has the first couple of episodes on their website.

Also, by your tastes I'd recommend Azumanga Daioh, it is comedy awesomeness distilled into half hour episodes. And cheap as hell to boot.

Oh, and Planetes.

Don't follow fansubs much anymore, if I have them it's usually stuff that will likely never come here (Macross) or so incredibly out of print it don't matter.

• 5 years later...