Hondo's Bar

Def Jam's Vendetta

BigChiefSlapaho

This one's being hyped all over the place: game magazines, the Source, rap web sites etc...

On one hand, its got some cool rappers in it (Meth, Ludacris, DMX, Scarface etc) but its gotta have a good engine under it...i wanted to like the Wu-Tang Clan game for PlayStation...just didnt do it for me. Kee got into it, but it felt like puttin the Wu over a bad fighting game enginge..

Ill keep an eye on this one tho, review-wise. If nothin else you know itll have a good soundtrack.

Eh, I played the demo at gamestop and I think it kinda sucks. It plays like a shitty wrestling game. Woulda been cool if they at least made it like the Ultimate fighting games, cause those were fun. I mean, I just stood there and did a couple of fights, so I'm not really sure, but what I played sucked eggs.

I am the all knowing gaming god. I am here to answer all your questions about djv. Can I get an amen? First off, the game is incredible. If you've ever played wwf no mercy or wcw/nWo revenge, then you know what I'm talking about. It is a fast-paced wrestling game with some insane moves. You better keep up with the pace or you'll get your @$$ handed to you. The only complaint I have about the game is that the ai can get really cheap some times, making it very hard to recover and make a comeback. It's too bad that they didn't stick in a creat-a-wrestler option, but it doesn't take away from how fun the game is. You can unlock various hidden characters and alternate costumes through story mode. Here's a tip: don't waste your hard earned cash on your girl's pictures. They will ulock themselves over time if you stick with the same girl. Overall I give this game an 8.5 out of 10. I would have given it a 9 if it would have included the create-a-wrestler option. Also, some weapons would have been nice.

Uhm...hey,welcome aboard gaming god, good to have ya. Good reivew too man, keep em comin, make yourself at home...if you want a more video-game oriented avatar, lemme know your favorite games and ill go jack some good ones from IGN if they got em.

And yeah, i wanna rent this one at some point at least - Chief, if youre down when im back in Miami, lemme know.

After playing def jam vendetta since it's release, I have to say that one of the coolest characters is dmx. That guy just doesnt play around. His fighting style is a combination of chris benoit and tazz, so you can imagine how aggressive he can be. His finishers are cool to. His rear grapple finisher has him breaking both your arms and then snapping your neck as your body falls lifelessly to the ground. He is easily the game's bad @$$. And spiffy, you'll love his submission moves. He likes to choke his opponents into submission or just flat out break his neck.

As far as the female bust attack, it seems that there were some last minute changes. On the final version of djv, the woman no longer has the finishing move where she smothers your face in her boobs and kicks the family jewels. Too bad, I thought it was pretty cool. Now, she pimp slaps you silly until you forget your own name. Although, one of the other girls hops up on your shoulders and straddles your face while she punches you down to the ground. Then, she kicks your head like she's going for a field goal. I also got to see one where a woman back flips into a doggy style position with her legs wrapped around your waist. Then she front flips, slamming you head first into the ground. While you are laying on the floor with your @$$ up in the air, she proceeds to elbow drop you in the nuts (ouch).