Hondo's Bar

De Niro

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Godfather II probably hasn't gotten any because that really wasn't his movie. It was Pacino's. Major props for learning italian for that role, though. And I was torn between Goodfellas and Taxi Driver. Both were excellent DeNiro roles so I just ended up going for the movie I enjoyed more. "I'm gonna go get the papers, get the papers"

Edited by Silent Bob

He was Irish in Goodfellas - that should get him more props.

Pacino was unbelievably great in G II, but I still think Bobby held his own against him. Good call about the italian, never really thought about that myself...but then again what's learning a few lines of dialoge in a different language compared to putting on all that weight like he did in Raging Bull? That woulda been the movie to get my vote if it weren't for the greatness of "the Adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle"....

DeNiro was still early in the game (i wanna say) at that point and filled the shoes of Brando, and in Italian at that...he fuckin shined, thats why his role in that flick - short flashback that it mighta been - was so memorable.