Hondo's Bar

Al Pacino

8 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Yeah this one's better. I know some people are gonna fight to have Serpico replaced with Scarface, and I'm a little disappoint that The Devil's Advocate isn't on there, but it's good.

I'm going for the Godfather movies, of course. Specifically Part II.

Hah...a sequel to my older Pacino poll.

Isnt "The Panic in Needle Park" a play/theatre thing he did? And what's "Man of the People", i dont remember that one...

Sea of Love is ok, Dick Tracy shouldnt even be on the list.

Im not gonna throw Heat/Any Given Sunday/Insomnia (eh)/SimOne etc recent stuff in the mix, but i think its crappy that Looking for Richard, Glengary Glenn Ross and Donnie Brasco are absent from this list. Sorry Spongey, but in all honesty it could use some editing. Oh, and seriously man, you really gotta stop voting/talkin up the 1 or 2 movies on a list over the other 8 great ones you havent yet. Serpico's a cool movie but there's some greats there.

PS Im voting Carlito's Way again, no surprise here. Some great contenders tho.

Dog Day Afternoon without a doubt. The movie spends most of its time in the bank and Al keeps the action. None of my friends'd believe me what he was doing it for either. Dumb Fucks. I think his motivation alone is pure genius.

I'm gonna make another contriversal 2track commenttm here and say that I hate "Scarface". Now don't get me wrong...I use to be a big fan but I tried to watch it a few months back and I couldn't. It just seems too comical. "Say hello to my little friend". Ugh.

Never really thought about Dick Tracy but thinking back on it he was pretty fucking awesome in it. Apart for the production design he was the only good thing in it. Okay, maybe that was a bit harsh....all the villians were a blast and Hoffman was fucking brilliant.

Hmmm...say hows about a Hoffman poll?

Hey there was nothing wrong with Dick Tracy that a lack of Madonna couldn't cure. And yeah, Hoffman was great. Mumbles was always my favorite character. 'Dja know that was the inspiration for Benicio Del Toro's character in The Usual Suspects? I say leave Dick Tracy. Sure, as a movie it isn't nearly as good as the rest. But as an Al Pacino role, it was great. Kinda like DeNiro in Rocky and Bullwinkle, it was one of the few times where he was really playing a character. Shame we can't find a way for Glengary Glen Ross, Donnie Brasco, and (in my opinion) The Devil's Advocate to make it in there.

Hey IC, Panic in Needle Park is a film where he plays a pretty nasty little junkie. It was very early in his career and helped him get the parts in Serpico and the Godfather.

Also, might have to join IC with Carlito's Way which, with the exception of Godfather II, is HIS movie. Plus you can't beat a gunfight at NY Grand Central Station for a climax. Genius.

I went with Dog Day Afternoon, I really just love that movie. Definately a shame that Glengarry and Donnie Brasco on there. Even though Glengarry isn't really his movie, it's still a fuckin great performance... every great actor should be in a movie written by David Mamet.

"All train compartments smell vaguely of shit. It gets so you don't mind it. That's the worst thing that I can confess. You know how long it took me to get there? A long time. When you die you're going to regret the things you don't do. You think you're queer? I'm going to tell you something: we're all queer. You think you're a thief? So what? You get befuddled by a middle-class morality? Get shut of it. Shut it out. You cheated on your wife? You did it, live with it. You fuck little girls, so be it. There's an absolute morality? Maybe. And then what? If you think there is, then be that thing. Bad people go to hell? I don't think so. If you think that, act that way. A hell exists on earth? Yes. I won't live in it. That's me. You ever take a dump made you feel like you'd just slept for twelve hours?"

heheheh

Im up for replacing Sea of Love, Man of the People, Needle Park and Dick Tracy with Glengary Glenn Ross, Donnie Brasco, Devil's Advocate, and Looking for Richard, if everyone agrees to it.

PS Junker - fuck i forgot that bit, damn fine quote.