Hondo's Bar

Fushigi Yuugi

Eternal Usagi-Chan

I wouldn't mind seeing the OVAs dubbed but I wouldn't like to only have it dubbed. That's why I have the DVD with the subtitles. You know how the translation are. Sometimes the subtitles are a little bad, but at least it makes sense with what is going on in the anime.  ;)  So when are you gonna buy it dubbed so I can watch it?

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

a complete rundown for those of you that have not seen this series: Two girls are transported to a ancient china through a book. As the book progresses, so do they, in the story.

I would describe this as a soap-operaish drama with some funny humor and cool action scenes here and there. The characters are what makes you want to come back for more. I have never seen any anime that makes you want to destroy something if you don't get the next episode fast like fushigi yuugi. Despite a lot of whining and stupidity by you-know-who, this series is actually very, very well done. I can also say that this is one of the best anime i've seen.

ps... the badasses are hotohori and nakago. Hotohori is hands down the coolest and in my opinion the strongest suzako. nakago is so powerful and badass, that he could whup circles around every warrior in the series. He is so bad, that i like his character because he's so good. haha... Note: depending on your version and translation- a lot of fy's jokes are not fully implimented. it's truely sad because many, many of the jokes from 1-52 are hiliarous.

• 5 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I remember linking the series, though far less so now once I realized that Watase has about one trick, turn the melodrama up to 100 about every 10 episodes or so. That and I think Miaka might be one of the most annoying main characters in Anime and Manga history. I realize that she is a 14 year old girl, the problem is she kinda acts like one, a RETARDED one, and it gets to me after a while.

Not a horrible series, but I don't think it has aged very well.