Hondo's Bar

Most anticipated film

The NZA

Which sequel are you the most hyped about?  

9 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Just wanted to see which sequel of this winter/next year has everyone the most hyped. I know episode III's a long way off, just thought id toss it in there, and i felt Spidey 2 would be too many optinos. This is mainly lookin to be Matrix vs Kill Bill, and havin just seen Bill - and i too fuckin loved it - just wanted to see if anyone else was still mad hyped over Matrix 3, despite most folks seeming strangely "dissappointed" by 2...

So, which one are you most hyped about, and why?

Definately Kill Bill. Not necesarrily because I liked it more than the others, but because this one is REALLY one big movie. Like, the others make an effort and mostly succeed at being their own contained narratives. Kill bill was a long movie cut in half, so I am less willing to wait for the next kill bill than any other one up there. The matrix is looking up, not that I was dissapointed by the second one, I think the third looks like it's gonna be better. Return of the King I'm really hyped for, but I can wait, because two towers was a pretty full experience. Episode III I'll watch for ILM's cool fight scenes, but I'm no more hyped for that than I am for any other cool lookin action movie.

I'm also gonna hold off 'til I see Kill Bill, but of the others I think I'm more hyped about Return of the King.

I never thought The Matrix was that great. It was just cool. And Reloaded was pretty cool, at best and self-indulgent at worst. Still, Revolutions looks like one helluva ride so I'll still be in line to see it.

Lucas did a pretty good job fucking up the Star Wars franchise with I and II, so my hopes aren't as high for EpIII. Still, he'd have to be a prick of astronomical proportions to make the story that we all know is coming not turn out cool as fuck. Good Jedi turns bad. Cue huge lightsaber battles. Cue an intergalactic hostile political takeover. Cue the slaying of every Jedi in the galaxy sans two. Cue the Clone Wars. Cue a duel between Anakin Skywalker and Obi-Wan Kenobi while both are at the height of their powers. There's no way a movie that includes all that can not be a blast to watch, and if Lucas still manages to royally fuck it up I'll actually be impressed. At least he's consistent.

The sequel that I'm really hyped about is still Indy 4, but I'm losing faith that that will ever happen. I just rented both K-19 and Hollywood Homicide, recently, and I realized that Harrison Ford is now getting the "grumpy old guy" parts. If they're gonna give him the fedora again they need to do it damn fast.

Well, Kill Bill has only come out over here, thats on the list for now.

Though i really can't wait to see the ROTK, from reading the book its quite possible its gonna be the best of the series,

Matrix, that will hopefully be cool, and will get rid of all that confusion from Reloaded. Watch this space.

Oh Finding Nemo has only been released over here, its really good thoug!

Kill Bill for me.

I'm surprised it's not Revolutions. The fact is, I basically know what happens in SW3 (anakin becomes Darth Vader, kills all but two jedis, Empire is founded), RotK (already read the books, so I know more besides "the ring gets destroyed") and KBv2 (Uma Thurman will kill Bill). But Revolutions is something of a mystery as to how it will end.

But it's not the ending of the movie I'm concerned with, it's just that Kill Bill was an awesoem experience that left me wanting more, more so that Reloaded. Kill Bill was soooooooooo good.

In order of excitement:

1) Kill Bill 2 --just saw it, it rocked, can't wait to see what happens next.

2) LOTR--first two were actually really good. I mean even if they did slip Arwen in there WAY more times than she appeared in the book.

3) Star Wars--The first two sucked, but my inner optimism is hoping...

4) Matrix--eh...nevermind..don't wanna get lynched.

Kill Bill was horrible! :D I can't believe so many people love that movie and want to see the sequal more than Lord of the Rings. The constant spewing of blood was so exaggerated and misused. It got soooooo old after a while! How long can one stay entertained by the same redundant trick? Lord of the Rings had story! Kill Bill was purely for shock value and reminiscent of Charlie's Angels. Arc did not like it Cowboy. We'd rather forget we ever saw it. My vote is for Lord of the Rings even if it freaks me out a little because Aragorn is my father's identical twin.

First off: good to see you & arc back, if even just for your odd opinions on this thread.

I really got nothin to say on that...if Woo Ping's mastefully choreographed fight scenes, the style this movie oozed, fun dialogue, fantastic cinemtography - man, even that background scene with the anime was well done - does nothing for you, then an excellent homage to asian cinema certainly isnt up your alley, and you'd do well to stick with much more archetypal western stories like LOTR. Ill say this much: of course there was gratiotous blood; it was a Tarentino flick where people are getting limbs cut off...but Charlie's Angles? Because of Lucy Lu? Are you serious? Anyway, sorry you (and arc? are you like voltron now?) didnt enjoy it, i suppose it wasnt for everyone, at least you gave it a chance.

Anyway, i didnt expect much love for Matrix 3 here, but ill admit that Kill Bill gave the series a run for its money.

Not Charlie's Angels simply because of Lucy Liu, but because of Uma and Vivica. The gratuitous blood isn't acceptable because limbs are flying off, the limbs are gratuitous in themselves. Overdone. The anime was nicely drawn but the content was pure shock value. Honestly, Tarantino is all about shock value, and after a while, its not shocking, just redundant. And simply because Kill Bill's bloodfest wasn't for me doesn't mean I'd "do well to stick with much more archetypal western stories like LOTR". It means I am not awed but shock tactics and loud music. The whole theater came out annoyed by this flick. It went overboard. I'm sorry I like good movies.

Fair enough, i guess, but id certainly disagree...

I can see where you or others might feel overdone on the violence/gore, I however did not. If you walked away with only "blood and loud music" than thats what you took from it, cant argue that. An entire "annoyed theatre" is odd, i hadnt heard that at all so far.

I mean, the only thing id disagree with is making Tarentino out to be some kind of hack, just because he's in the limelight at the moment. You could say you didnt like the great characterization or timeline/flow of Pulp Fiction, but to call it a crap movie strikes me as ignorant. Again, i think its cool you actually watched it for yourself, assuming you didnt come into it looking to not like it, but saying "it wasnt for me" or "i didnt dig its style, the blood overshadowed everything else" is one thing, but just sayin its a bad movie...i mean, again, i for one dont dig musicals, but i wouldnt look at Chicago and be like "that was shit, i like good movies" when it just wasnt for me, you know?

Also, for what its worth, thanks for outlining the reasons why you didnt like it, that was a lot cooler than arc just commenting on genitalia, and i rather appreciate that.

Honestly, Tarantino is all about shock value, and after a while, its not shocking, just redundant.

If Tarentino was all about shock value, wouldn't Reservior Dogs and Pulp Fiction be regarded as bad films today, since the shock is gone. Pulp Fiction shocked millions in 1994, but after the shock died down, the story, characters, themes, etc lived on, and that's why it's still a classic today and will still be a classic in 50 years. It killa analagous to Stanley Kubrick's A Clockwork Orange. There are still people today that dislike that movie and are offended by it, but it lives on for its redemning values that go well beyond simple shock value. While I'm unsure if Kill Bill will have the lasting value of Pulp Fiction (or A Clockwork Orange), the same things apply.

That said, you don't have to like it. I'm not saying you're stupid of blind if you don't, but give Tarentino his due credit and just say "I guess I could see how many would find it brilliant, i just didn't appeal to me specifically."

"Bahhh, hey you dern kids! Get off my lawn!! And turn down that loud rock and roll music! With the hippin and the hoppin and the bippin and the boppin! It's hertin my ears! I'm tryin to watch my Matlock here!"

I mean, look, I'll be the first one to say if you don't like the looks of Kill Bill from the trailers and a straight up bloody kung foo flick doesn't appeal to you, don't even think about watchin Kill Bill. It's not a universal movie, but you've got to admit there's more to it than the blood and "loud music" (geez, it's not like they played pantera or anything, I mean, what was too loud? The nancy sinatra song in the beginning? The 70's funk stuff?) I mean, to sit there for nearly two hours and not see anything past the blood and music I think is just impossible. There's so muc more to this movie, from the camera work and the timeline stuff, to Uma Therman's performance, which I really though put lots of feeling into a potentially emotionless character. And as far as Tarantino just being shock value, you've gotta be kidding me. I do love how everybody is just dying to call Tarantino a washed up hack. I don't understand. A guy comes around and he redefines the way dialogue is written and stories are told and it's seriously as if somebody just turned on a Jimi Hendrix cd and all of the old folks are yellin about how it's too loud and it's nothin but noise. I'd hate to sound redundant, but it's fine if this is not your thing, but to say that it's completely without value and essentually stop watching the movie (sure, you didn't walk out, but you sure weren't trying to look past the blood so you might as well have not seen it) the minute you see blood and hear loud music is just not cool. It sounds like you walked into a movie with the intention of hating it... and that just makes no sense.

And as far as LotR, hell yes it's up there on my list. LotR is a fuckin great story about good and evil and the underdog making it to the top and all that. I enjoyed the Two Towers more than Matrix Reloaded because while I got the "Wow, that was a badass fight" feeling from both of em, by the end of Two Towers I was really feeling for Frodo and Sam when they were talking about why they should go on. At the end of Reloaded, I thought it was cool, but I wasn't feeling anything for any of the characters.

Archived