Hondo's Bar

Drunken RPG 2

Benz

Ok, this project has officially begun. What I need right now at this point, more than anything, are ideas. I need your input. What kind of attacks you want your character to have? How do you want your character introduced? Syuff like that. In a bit, I'll start asking for more help, but for right now this is all I really need.

That's all for now, folks.

Ok, first scene will be... The main character wakes up in Hondos Bar after a heavy night of drinking. The bartender helps him to remember the previous night, and that he has to visit the King of Hondos and the Queen (You guys have to tell me who won because there's no way I'm going to either poll to vote or check).

First - Who should the (at least temporary character be?) I was thinking of Link, and a funny way of getting him out of the way so to speak. But I would like input.

Second - Why do they have to visit the King and then the Queen? (Remember, I'm programming this so nothin too lewd.)

Oh, and Nick, could ya fix the title for me, sorry.. I messed up. It shout be the state, not the act.

Consider it done. And yeah, ill brainstorm for ideas too, but i gotta ask:

1) are you building on the engine of part 1? For those that dont know, part 1 had Link as the central character, and the dungeons loooked like they were outta FF VI, fights were from Dragon Warrior/Quest.

Also, how many characters you have in mind, and if youre usin the old engine, can we fix that bug that let you call characters in before you got em?

Im hyped!

Yes, same engine, and I will work on the bug. Also, for characters as far as I know you can use up to four at a time. I intend to squeese everyone in the game some how, but as far as characters you can use... Hmmm... 10-16 I suppose. 7 already in mind.

Irish Cowboy

Yahven

Spiffytee

Chi-Chan

Jumbie

Piggy

Me

Leaving 3-9 spots open.

Hmm...good lineup, but i dont know that chi-chan'll particpate, or even play, so if you wanna switch her up for 2T, SB, Jax, or someone else youre comfortable with, go for it man.

Oh, and this time, we should make theme songs smaller .wav's or small .mp3's to conserve space; last time that was the bulk of the files, as i recall.

.... Crap. Already my first set-back. I keep having trouble with my laptop's powercord. This is like the 3rd time in 2 months. It snapped right off. Setbacks... Well, when my parents get back from Maine, maybe my father can help me get the original rigged again until the Replacement one sends the "powertip" again.

I tried up loading the game onto my site (scheduled for shutdown in 7 days unless I can get some money.), but my laptop was running low on batteries. Oh well. No biggie. I'm still kinda in the planning phase anyways. I should have my laptop up on Monday. Tuesday at the latest.

This sounds similar to conker's bad hair day.

IC, I never played The first Drunken RPG because at the tiem it came out, I didn't have a computer, I posted from FIU comp lab computers. Is it still available online? Gimme some hyperlink to that shit!

Story Idea: Me and 2T fighting over Tussin. You (the player) would have to aid one of us, or bet on one of us, or break up the fight, or something, but it would involve me and 2T in a bareknuckle barfight to the bloody end for the woman of our dreams.

hahaha...that "incident" was one of my favorite moments of part 1!

Jax - nah, like i said, its tricky cause some files need installing into windows...ill see if i can post it as-is and have someone test it.

Benny - you can do that, or you can post a link in your sig..maybe with an image? Linking back here....seriously, once you tell certain members they might be in, theyll have some opinions!

Archived