Hondo's Bar

Full Metal Alchemist

dante

I highly recommend FMA to everyone. I've seen up to the 49th ep and I'm salivating for more. The storyline has twisted almost every episode, so it's hard for me to describe it briefly. But the basic plot is about two kids who practice Alchemy and a journey they set out on after breaking a forbbiden rule of it. They can basically alter the composition of elements in objects using transmutation circles (and they also have to know what the object is composed of) into something else, usually something useful. I say that it's a little like Trigun in the sense that its humorous at times and serious at others. More serious nearing the end of the series.

That's funny, this guy at work was tellin me he had the full run on this series today...didnt describe it like that tho. The "comedic, then serious at the end" is very Trigun-ish, for me...still, its worth checkin out when i finish Berserk.

And Gungrave.

And if i can find that Ninja Scroll series. And try out Wolf's Rain. :D

Is it ok to say I have many favorite characters in FMA? I mean, I just loved most of the main ones. Al, Ed, Winry, Mustang, Hughes, Lust,...I could keep going but I'd ruin many of the characters yet to come. I'm actually thinking about starting from the beginning again until the other eps. are out.

• 2 weeks later...

I just saw the first 3 episodes today (yeah I just lost my FMA virginity) and I really liked it! I'm lookin forward to checkin the rest of the series!! This is crazy for me cause I'm not really into anime (except DBZ, but that don't count)!! Now that I'm workin' at "Anime", I really wanna start gettin into it!!

• 1 month later...
ok, there's a hold up from my supplier and i need a fix.  at ep 24, i'm calling it out - anyone can give this addict a temp fix?  need help asap.  thanks....  !!!

spiffy, give me some time and I'll bring these all on DVDs so you can make copys...I have all the eps fansubbed, some of them not perfect but still oh so good. :D

• 1 month later...
That reminds me...I've gotta put them all on DVDs...I was gonna make a menu for them so I can watch it on some DVD players :P

Really? :D So yeah... if I give you a disc, can you burn it for me or can you let me borrow it to burn it? Help a friend out! :D

• 4 years later...

Well, this hasn't seen love in a while.

For the unaware, Bones is rebooting the series in April, this time with the aim to follow the manga more faithfully. The manga's story was incredibly divergent past a certain point, but a chance to see new Fullmetal episodes is an exciting one.

To reiterate: They're starting everything over from the beginning. Past that point, stuff's bound to change.

A trailer:

It basically tells you nothing, but the animation clearly is a little different.

Archived