Hondo's Bar

Best Game-show Ever

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hey! I watched the Pyramid, and im damn near your age....

And im all for Press your Luck.

BIG MONEY! NO WHAMMY NO WHAMMY NO...FUCK!!!

That shit was funny to watch, lil animated gerbil things crapped on you while you lost alla your $ for bein greedy. :afro:

I guess i just outgrew em.  Jepordy's still ok to learn random shit, but Who wants to be a Millionaire was only fun for an episode or 2, that first round of questions is insulting, then they get impossible, etc.  Didnt even bother with that weakest link shit, that brit woman looks like a real bitch.

I watched the Pyramid and I'm only 21, so its not that old.  Dick Clark was the host.  I like Family Feud the best though.  Its fun to guess the most popular answers, and the last round is the best.  I like to play along with contestants to see if I can think on my feet.  Sometimes I come up with the most far out answers because I'm pressed for time, or a blank out on the simplest ones.  My family plays along.  We always wanted to be on the show one day.

• 4 weeks later...

I think from all of them I like the Price is Right better. I really didn't get into Family Feud, Holly Wood Squares, or Wheel of Fortune. And forget about Press your Luck and The Pyramid one. I've never even heard of them.

I still watch the price is right when it comes out on TV. It's watching how people get all excited when they win a car or something.

• 8 years later...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Larson

While Larson was running up the score, the producers contacted Michael Brockman, head of CBS' daytime programming department. In a 1994 TV Guide interview commemorating the Larson Sweep, conducted at the time the movie Quiz Show was released, he recalled "Something was very wrong. Here was this guy from nowhere, and he was hitting the bonus box every time. It was bedlam, I can tell you. And we couldn't stop this guy. He kept going around the board and hitting that box."

Press Your Luck's producers and Brockman met to review the videotape. They noticed that Larson immediately celebrated after many of his spins, instead of waiting the fraction of a second that it would normally take for a player to see and respond to the space he had stopped on (effectively showing that he knew beforehand that he was going to get something good). It was also noticed that Larson had an unusual reaction to his early prize of a Kauai trip, which was out of his pattern – he initially looked puzzled, smiling and clapping after a pause.[1]

CBS initially refused to pay Larson, considering him a cheater. Brockman and the producers could not find a clause with which to disqualify him, however, and the network complied.[1] Because he had surpassed the CBS winnings cap (at the time) of $25,000, he was not allowed to return for the next show. CBS later raised, and has since eliminated, the winnings cap.

Part 1 of 11 of the series on how it happened and him winning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UN0LvFZMKq8

I gotta admit, Press you Luck was a guilty pleasure back in the day. I watched a rerun last month and I was embarrassed that I liked the shit.

Agreed. I also liked DoubleDare. Right now, Jeopardy is my favorite, though I like Lingo and chain Reaction.

Edited by Lycaon

Or how about Finder's Keeper's?

You are bringing back all these wonderful memories of the shows I dreamed of being on!!

Family Feud

Lingo...and there was another one that would come on the Game Show Network right after that, maybe about 5 years ago, that I absolutely loved but can't remember the name!

You are bringing back all these wonderful memories of the

Lingo...and there was another one that would come on the Game Show Network right after that, maybe about 5 years ago, that I absolutely loved but can't remember the name!

... Chain Reaction?

Edited by Lycaon