Hondo's Bar

Hondo's Tech Support

The NZA

Alright, alright, people: i know im behind on a few things:

-Profiles (still working on a template/look)

-F.A.Q. :D This one, ill actaully do soon.

-Art Gallery - Yeah, weve got stuff from SB & LL in queve, i guess i was hopin Coley'd come back :D

-The Chat - Yeah, this one, i aint touching, it frustrates me.

..and so forth. With me headin outta town, and then moving when im back, full time work & classes in the spring, etc, its gonna be pretty hard to maintain this place in the coming months, in addition to being an active member, so i need to get someone to help do the behind-the-scenes coding stuff, work on ideas and such.

Said position requires:

-Strong grasp of HTML, some PEARL, uh, QBASIC, anti-aliaising bitmaps, and IB Code.

-A fair amount of time on thankless pages most members wont notice.

-pay/benefits are of a very non-competitive nature: youre paid in posts and hearty slaps on the ass, basically.

Duties/benefits include full FTP access (thank god our server keeps backups), hondosbar email access (to keep up with requests), and such. The initial duties are to reinstall the new version of the flash-chat, and intergrate it with the board.

Next, to help overhaul the profile section, with a new design, then endure the monotony of cutting & pasting over 100 existing profiles into this new format.

Coming up with a better way for members to change data on their profiles is a huge plus, too.

Additionally, some projects might involve temporaray/seasonal "super moderator status" to access the admin control panel, but we are not seeking another admin at the moment...its just too much power for sober mere mortals to have. Its like the infinity gauntlet of the internet. Ill stop now.

So bascially, yeah, this is looking to be Chief. Im throwing it out there to see if anyone wishes to challenge him, or has other ideas.

Dante, our beloved logo-man, is invited to challenge Chiefy to a "code-off", or at least a Marvel vs Capcom 2 game.

Anyway, people, lemme know what you think. Is Chiefy our guy? :D What else needs doin' around here?

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ARE YOU TRYING TO GET US INTO A CODE OFF?!??!??! Bastard.

Look, I'm not great in the graphics department like THE GUY is, but I can do the .html and learn the .php and make some cool additions to the site when I can. PLUS... taking a look at your directory and how you've dumped everything into the root with no organization whatsoever, I could help with the clean up.

D00d!!!

I have the best idea for this. Lemme know what you think, IC.

Make this into like the Apprentice, and IC's The Donald. Just like Trump, IC assigns tasks to test their/our abilities, and each time a task is completed someone gets fired. IC, you still pick the winner at the end.

What do you think?

As for the image dump....how you gonna move the files without making another sea of red x's around here?

Heh, i wish dante's see this, he's already got chiefy afraid! :D alright alright, so youre the code guy, he's the graphics guy, happy? Just like that, job secruity, only its not a job, its like a, uh, role. There you go.

sorry, I was late to finding this thread. I'm down for graphics guy. It's what i do in my free time anyways. Chief can code and if need be I'll code too. I'm doing the "8 - 5" now so it might take some time, but I'll be THE graphics GUY.

....Said position requires:

-Strong grasp of HTML, some PEARL, uh, QBASIC, anti-aliaising bitmaps, and IB Code.

-A fair amount of time on thankless pages most members wont notice.

-pay/benefits are of a very non-competitive nature: youre paid in posts and hearty slaps on the ass, basically....

That pay/benefits program sounds like my last job...

*looks at IC...looks at Lindsay...looks back at IC who is now doing what appears to be the funky chicken stopping every few steps to slap a pretend ass...looks at Lindsay raising her eyebrows and getting upset that this decision is taking waaay too long*

"Sorry Cowboy, you are the weakest link."

• 2 weeks later...

So, im thinkin, dont know if theyd like their own group or not (god knows chiefy likes his racer), but a somewhat division'd be:

Chief: Coder, possibly limited access to admin control panel. Duties'd be mods (spoiler tags!), gettin the chat to work, etc - i might just hand over the profile section to him if he likes.

Dante: Imaging guy; logos, flash stuff especially. Id be very interesting in seein more flash stuff around here like a hondo's intro, a welcome section, menus, the FAQ, etc. Flash seems to be industry standard & nicer on bandwith too. He's the guy.

MetalHeart: .gif's, small logos of all kinds when she's back around ( :D )

and props to def for things like our main page logo. What does everyone think of hte lineup, and do ya'll want a group? Special rights, cupcakes, wha?

inclduing daytripper, your useless outside advisor? Sounds good, just gimme a name if you guys want a group. I dont think MH wants to leave the crackorz, but if you guys do tech support or somethin, i can give you this guy as a pip image:

:D

Archived