Hondo's Bar

Bad Education

Yahve

Yup, I rather liked Talk to Her, that's why I'm interested. I'm guessing you won't go for this one either then. I'll let you know if it's along the same lines. It premiered friday in NY but won't make its way down here 'till sunday.

well, if anyone wants to check out habla con ella, i'll put it to vhs so you can decide. i've been watchin some arthouse movies and this one i really really did not like. oh yeah, i forgot to mention, of almovar's movies, the same people seem to like all of them. it's like - like one, like em all!!!

(wow, i bet ic will say, cool, i can't miss it cause spiffy's recommendations all suck!)

i want to see habla con ella. i heard it was great. and todo sobre mi madre. i think that was by almodovar too. i rented it once but never got around to watching it. and i'd like to see bad education. doesn't it have gael garcia bernal in it? :D

i want to see amores perros and city of god too. i think i'm going to go on a foreign film spree at the video store next time. i recently saw intacto and it was a pretty good movie. really interesting concept. anyway, enough with the off-topicness.

want to see amores perros and city of god too. i think i'm going to go on a foreign film spree at the video store next time. i recently saw intacto and it was a pretty good movie. really interesting concept. anyway, enough with the off-topicness.

Intacto was pretty neat. The concept was brilliant, the exexcution not too bad I thought.

Amores Perros was fun. Sort of like Pulp Fiction with the splicing of inter-linking storylines but definitely overly long. City of God I rented again recently and continue to be amazed by.

Sorry for the off-topic ness also but a couple good European foreign films for you to look for LL on your spree:

Goodbye Lenin (German) , Festen (Danish I think?), Run Lola Run (German), La Haine (French) and The Son's Room (Italian).

Missed seeing Bad Education in my freqented indie cinema. Never mind. I'm definitely going to look for it at Blockbuster in the future though, they should carry it.

hey thanks MLB! I've wanted to see Goodbye Lenin and Run Lola Run for a while now. I haven't really heard of the others but i'll look for them. I'm also waiting for this other movie to come out over here called Haute Tension and I'm still debating whether to see Irreversible.

I'm still debating whether to see Irreversible

I'm in exactly the same boat. A few of my friends went to see it in the cinema when it was out, but I knew what it would be like and I wasn't in the mood. Haven't seen it on DVD anywhere yet but I'm in two minds whether to go searching for it.

Realised I should have put the Italian translation for The Son's Room (La Stanza del Figlio, I think?) as may make search easier.

Of the ones mentioned so far I would recommend City of God, Goodbye Lenin and Festen as essential.

awesome. i'll try to see those as soon as i can. and yeah, all of my friends have seen irreversible too and while i figured it would be the worst scene in the movie, they said the rape scene isn't as bad as the guy getting his skull bashed in by a fire extinguisher. i can usually handle a lot in movies but then again, so can my friends and it was really disturbing to them. i hope it's not just a movie that's good for shock value and nothing else though.

We got Run Lola Run (a great one) and City of God here (i intend to watch this one after i move), just so you know LL....you should really pass some blank CDs my way while im living with a master bootlegger, you can watch em on your PC if nothin else.

I'll agree that ALmodovar isn't for everyone but he's one of the most interesting guys out there, I'm excited about this one.

I really liked Talk to Her (especially that silent film in the middle of it), and all about my mother was great. If you guys liked those I'd also suggest "Dark Habits" (Entre tinieblas). The lesbian nuns are just shock value, but any movie that likens catholicism to heroin use is ok in my book.

Archived