Hondo's Bar

Wine

Ganny McVagflaps

This evening I will be mostly consuming Budweiser, a nice drop from the St Louis vineyards. :D

Other night I had a great Fetzer Californian Cabernet Sauvignon from 2001 (the year of the grape). Real smooth, especially after the third glass.

Preferred viewing: Crank Yankers

Food of Choice: Bread and Tabasco.

• 5 years later...

Oh, yeah the doc thinks diet and exercise should fix it. They think that's what's been making me sick to my stomach all the time. Anyway, a regular or mine at work makes his own homemade plum wine that is amazing and he's bringing me a bottle. When I'm allowed to drink again I'm gonna down the whole thing!

• 8 months later...

Reviving this thread...amy, I hope your liver got better and you're able to indulge in a glass (or two)...

On New Years Day I tried Malbec for the first time and liked it very much.

I have Doña Paula Los Cardos Malbec...

I'm not much of a wine afficionado, I just drink it if I like it!

On Ben & I my anniversary trip to Vermont, we stopped at a winery for a tour & tasting...

Boyden Valley Winery is local to Vermont but they do ship to other states. We sampled everything, but ended up buying their Blueberry Wine as well as one that is called Glogg which is Scandinavian and is supposed to be drank warm...tasted like Christmas in a cup!!

I personally love me some White Merlot...not too harsh...goes down smooth...Beringer has a good one. The Moscato by Bare Foot is also delicious. Now if I can add a champagne...Asti...all the way...amazing and dangerous all at the same time.

Reds are good dinner wines for Italian food...my Dad and Step-Mom love some Cabernet Sauvignon and Merlot.

Seafood is better with a blush wine. White Zin will do the trick.

I just found this jelly company that makes wine jams...she uses the real stuff, too!

I bought a jar of the Malbec and one of Sangria yesterday. The biggest mistake I made was giving Ben a bit to try. I don't think there will be any left by tomorrow!!!

• 3 months later...

I found a lovely California wine while on the honeymoon, and keep driving into the metroplex to pick up another bottle. It's a sweet white, called quady Electra.

Star, if you like mocatos I could suggest many of them. Allegro makes a nice one. I'd really suggest a moscato d' Asti. Beviamo makes one that is great. And applebees (in Texas anyway) now carries suttee home moscato, with half price bottles on wednesdays.

Archived