Hondo's Bar

Don Hertzfeldt

The NZA

billy.jpgrejected_don_hertzfeldt-thumb.gifprofilerejected.jpg

[Don Hertzfeldt is one of the great abstract animators of our time, whatever that means, and runs Bitter Films, responsible for cult classics like "Rejected", "Billy's Ballon", "Ah, L'Amour" and others, which take on poignant social issues, ranging from angry ticks flying out of my nipples to anal bleeding.

Though there havent been new ones in years, along with Strongbad's emails, i think its safe to say youre not reading the ineternet if you pass up on his comic strips "Temporary Anesthetics"

I highly recommend "Bobby Neurotic" and the older one on presidential candidates, tho theyre all solid.

bobby1-09.jpg

• 1 month later...

INTRO:

"In the spring of 1999, the Family Learning Channel comissioned animator Don Hertzfeldt to produce promotional segments for their network.

The cartoons were completed in five weeks the Family Learning Channel rejected them all upon review, and they were never aired..."

you must find this movie. it is called "rejected" or "rejected cartoons" by don hertzfeldt. i hope you enjoy it as much as i have. also you should download his movie called "billy's balloon."

Sorry IC, in the name of continuity, this thread ate yours. But all will agree, he's the tops. That link in my previous post is really worth following for more of his goodness, and there's torrents out for his other works too, "Ah, L'amour", "Genre", "Intermission", "Lily and Jim", etc.

Sorry IC, in the name of continuity, this thread ate yours. 

Alright, straight up I dub you, ICo...er, sheiße, that doesn't work either. Two ICs!! I guess I can handle it.

Anyway, Billy's Balloon to me was one of those things where you think, "Damn, why the hell didn't I ever think of that..." It was probably that seed planted in me that grew into a leaf-shaped mask, created solely because of my lack of original creativity. Or jealousy.

"I wanna drink gooooat's bloooood." "But son, its ooonly Tuuuesday. :D!!!" Heh. God I metalheart that fellow. Didn't know he had'a strip!

• 7 years later...

Man, Rejected and L'amour were viral videos before they even had a name. Before there was even a viable streaming infrastructure, just people downloading from peer-to-peer, but everyone saw that shit. Pretty damn impressive, and they remain some of my favorites.

Archived