Hondo's Bar

I heart Huckabees

The NZA

no, in a fit of ethics, i think i sent it back. I only have the 4 hour Kurosawa documentary that i still gotta finish, but theyll get it back, one day. I only borrow things like that over indefinite periods of time, its totally not stealing when your movie shows up 4 years after i cancelled my account.

if mark's character was a cop nick wouldn't dig him as much is all i'm saying.

I liked Jason better in Rushmore.

I did however, like this flick. I got a bit confused here and there because some of the philosophies weren't clear.. but luckily Nick's into this type of crap. :fuming:

Kidding! :D

bull! Marky Mark is an awesome nihlist firefighter and idve still dug him if he was a cop, just....just not as much. Wait, that's what you said...you know what? You should watch the Shield. Anyway, Marky Mark's the best and im gonna see Four Brothers because of him.

I never said anything against the guy's acting. I'm just simply pointing something out... is all. You're ridiculous.

I loved his character too. My favorite scene is when his wife and his daughter are leaving him, and he gets a shoe and asks his wife:

"Do you know where this shoe comes from!?!?!??"

she;s like, "yeah, my closet!"

and he then gives her this whole spiel that she's wrong and that they come from a factory run by childern who are going blind and then he goes up to his little girl and tells her the same thing! The little girl starts crying and whining that she doesn't want lil kids to go blind.

that had me laughing for a couple of minutes.

haha yeah, that and the dinner scene with martha logan. i just love any scene where he starts out defending his boy passively, then talking about the evils of petroleum, and then he's either hitting people or stealing their bike. Oh, and Dustin Hoffman is such a classic actor, too.

I can't believe I didn't comment on this movie sooner- I saw it right before I met Alana...

this movie makes me hate like nothing else. I would kill Jason Schwartsman and Dustin Hoffman with my ignorant but humble meatgun this afternoon if it meant I never had to see another pompous philosophy movie.

Of course, Like I said: This was pre-artsy-fartsy Alana with her music snobbery & love for the underdog, so it might bear another viewing, ywo years on.

what cockgobblery.

Who told you this movie was anything but that? You dont read the back of boxes when you rent them, or did "existential detectives" struck you as somehow synonymous with "explosive Segal hit"? Ive seen a fair amount of movies, and i can name, uh, one other movie like this one.

If Marky Mark hitting things didnt salvage this for you, youre simply going to have to stop washing yourself with a rag on a stick long enough to pay attention.

im buying you nietzsche for your wedding gift, philistine.

Archived