Hondo's Bar

Toxin

Hmm...did you read Venom & Carnage? Pretty, but it was basically a drawn-out mini to introduce this offspring of Cassidy's, only he's kinda a good guy, i think.

Ever since "Planet of the Symbiotes" ( :ill: ), marvel law quietly dictates no more than 2 symbiotes are allowed, so if you've been readin New Avengers (and i damn well hope you have), you know that it looks like one of the classics aint around no more, to make way for this guy... :D

Ive no idea what Milligan has in mind for him beyond this, but i sure hope its more than a regular series of mini's where he fights the juggernaut, or his wife becomes the sin eater and eats brains, or any of that.

I was gonna pick up the Venom Vs. Carnage trade but I went for the Wolvie/Punisher one instead. Once I get my cash up from jack shit to littlebigballer I'll get it. The art looked sweet and Milligan is one of my favorites, but I was more up for Logan and Frank than the symbiotes when I saw the trade.

As for New Avengers my trades only stand means I'm still waiting...

Hmm...again, the art was top notch, but it wasnt anythin to write home about, that mini. I wanted to care more than i did...havent been as up on symbiotes in general since the 90's (damn you, Vertigo). Download it if ya can.

How was that Punisher/Wolvy one, you talkin the manga one a few years back, or that recent one? Ive never gone for their non-Ennis crossovers, sadly..

Tell you what, were about 2 issues shy of a New Avengers trade, and you gotta jump on that one like stink on a monkey when its out, man.

The Wolvie/Punisher was the recent Milligan one. It was good for what it was, I can't say I regret buying it, it just wasn't all that life changing, it just kinda reminded me of when I was young and I'd get all excited when there'd be a team-up with the big guns (fuck, remember that when Wolvie was guesting all over the place...Cap Wolf kicked his Canuck ass).

• 6 years later...

Either that or Anti-Venom will come back again seeing as it wasn't even a symbiote to begin with. I really liked Toxin (the book) it had an interesting character dynamic and the current Venom book kinda bit a little bit off of that which is what I like. I don't know when Mulligan lost Toxin, it was likely in some book I don't like, haven't read, and never will. Still, I'd be okay with Brock being Toxin, isn't there another Venom symbiote running around somewhere? The one that that woman from Alaska had?

I don't know that they've said how they became separated, but I may have missed it as well.

As far as other symbiotes go, I'm pretty sure at least Scream, Hybrid and Scorn are still around too. And I guess Lasher...sort of. So that's what? Four Venom babies and two grand babies?

01A6n.jpg

No, this was literally another Venom symbiote, it was actually a Venom book but with a different main character who had a Venom symbiote that looked exactly the same except it was a dark gray instead of black (which I think was entirely to make it distinguishable from Eddie Brock's Venom who had a lot of face time in the series)

Archived