Hondo's Bar

WhoDey's Poker Room

WhoDey

I've been playing a lot of Internet poker for the past six months, and recentlyI moved sites and adopted CD Poker for my #1 site. The site is a growing one but the competition is really impressive. If anyone is interested in trying it out, PM me, and we can both make a dollar on the whole thing with refer a friend. Also if anyone has any questions about it just holla.

Anyway, this past week I was interviewed by the site after a big win on Sunday in the CD Poker Tour. Heres the article, and my picture! The tour is great, and currently for the month of May I'm in first on the points leader board. Every month is a new season, and this season, I'm ballin out of control. I'll keep the tread updated with the season standings, and anything else thats valid.

"May your cards be live, and your pots be monsters"

:D :D Damn, i know i oughta leave it at just his link, but i cant have my boy flossed out like that and not blow him up a lil bit...check out the roc-a-wear!

tour_winner.jpg

Interview With a Winner - Adam Ayers

Nickname: aca380 at CDPoker, but my friends call me WhoDey

1. How did you get started in Poker?

I started playing poker at a friend’s house. After the first week, I was hooked and have been improving my game ever since.

2. What are the advantages/disadvantages of playing online?

One of the big advantages for me is I get to play in the comfort of my own apartment. The amount of hands you get to see per hour is also a huge benefit. A disadvantage is not being able to see your opponent. You have to go with your poker instincts more, instead of getting visual read on your competition.

3. What is your most memorable hand of this event?

I would have to say the very last hand. I had pocket sixes and just a few thousand more chips in my stack. My opponent moved all in with pocket threes, and I called. I was quite excited to see my hand be the dominant one.

4. Tell us about your most memorable bad beat story, either for or against you.

The most recent one that’s been glued in my head was a few weeks ago at a home game. I had King/Ten, the flop came 10, 10, J, the turn was an eight, and the river was a five. There was heavy betting all the way to the river, so when my opponent bet the river I raised him all in, he called. He ended up winning with a full house 10's over 5's. I was left broke and drowning in the river.

5. Why are you playing in the CD Poker Tour?

I'm playing in the CDPoker Tour because it's a great experience to be in an online league. I haven't seen other sites offer their players such an inexpensive opportunity. I enjoy battling it out with, and seeing the same people every qualifier, and every freeroll. It makes it very interesting, and I'm happy to be a part of it!

6. What makes you a good poker player?

I think what makes me a good player is my patience and my card selection. These tournaments are not sprints; they're marathons, so being patient is a strategy that helps me to be successful.

7. What would you recommend to those of us who want to improve their game and become professional?

Well, being just an amateur myself, I'll give the same advice I adhere to. See as many hands as possible and keep getting experience. Never stop learning, take advantage of all the information out there, and apply it to your game.

8. Anything you would like to add?

I'd just like to add that I'm really enjoying playing on CDPoker, and being a part of this Tour. I've made it my #1 card room online, and think everyone else should follow suit! Thanks for your time, and once again congratulations.

In a couple of weeks I'm going to get a new computer and high speed access so I'll be seeing you on CD poker my friend.

Anyways, I still think you're a better player than both Jax and me. Jax is a caller and I'm a reckless drunk, which makes me completely irrational and Jax very very lucky when he wins.

Hey, both of those strategys have been working pretty well, I don't know about the long run, but there getting you paid right now. That'll be tight when you start playing on CD Poker. I'm sure we'll run into each other during several tournaments, and I'll let you know how we can get our hustle on! :D

Also I got those Copag cards today! There pretty sweet. I'm looking forward to tryin em out.

I think what needs to happen, is someone needs to ask the hard-hitting questions that interview went easy on with.

9. You say you "started playing poker at a friend's house". Let's hear more about this friend.

10. Why CDPoker.com over all the quasi-legal gambling sites the internet has to offer?

11. Who is your greatest influence when it comes to your poker game, and why?

12. Do you think you're world class, and if not, when do you think you might be?

13. Would you play pocket 9's if high society is thrown into the pot, before the flop?

9. You say you "started playing poker at a friend's house". Let's hear more about this friend.

Well, as I recall the first night I went to play cards at this guys apt. It was a dork party... Fittingly named. So ofcourse I was the best looking, and and by far the coolest at the party. By the way, the host of the party is flamboyantly gay... gay, gay, gay.

10. Why CDPoker.com over all the quasi-legal gambling sites the internet has to offer?

(Some more pimpin) CDPoker.com is the premier poker site thats on the up n up, and quickly becomeing the card room to be dealt in at. The competition is stiff, so your game will be challenged, and forces you to become a better player. And if your like me and you like to play the really high stakes, like 2$ tourneys, well my friend your at the right place!

11. Who is your greatest influence when it comes to your poker game, and why?

My greatest influence in my game would be Big Doyle Brunson. I've read a lot of literature out there, and no one else has had such an effective strategy, that was simple to apply. If applied to your own style, your game will improve.

12. Do you think you're world class, and if not, when do you think you might be?

No, definetly not world class... I still enjoy dick and fart jokes, and running into trashcans in my wheelchair at the mall while people stare with there jaw on the floor, and ask if I'm ok. In my poker game, I don't really want to be world class right now, or in the very near future. I'm content learning as much as I can now, and gradually increasing in the amount of my winnings.

13. Would you play pocket 9's if high society is thrown into the pot, before the

flop?

Fuck Yeah, I'm all in... (Your Mom) :D

• 2 weeks later...

dear sarcastic fuck WhoDey,

1) are you aware of this old Hold-em thread? Bear in mind, i wrote it after Duado & his chick, then Donut & his double-teamed us all in our first hold-em game, was a sad hustle.

2) What are the requirements for team WhoDey?

3) Any advice/books/big players that you can recommend for up & coming poker players, now that you're making bigger moves?

4) When will Hondo's see the next phase of the Team logo?

1) are you aware of this old Hold-em thread? Bear in mind, i wrote it after Duado & his chick, then Donut & his double-teamed us all in our first hold-em game, was a sad hustle.

Nice... I see it didn't get much attention, but still cool. Was that the beginning of the poker nights in Sweetwater?

2) What are the requirements for team WhoDey?

Well, the requirements for joining Team WhoDey is 1. You gotta be good or fairly decent, with the intentions of learning and playing the game to the best you can. What I want to do with Team WhoDey is start going to local events, and takin over the whole tourney, or card room, wherever we go. It would be tight as fuck if every tournament that we entered, atleast one of us from the crew, make it to the final table of win the whole thing. I wanna monopolize these events with my Team, fuck everybody else.

3) Any advice/books/big players that you can recommend for up & coming poker players, now that you're making bigger moves?

I have a lot of books on the shelf, some I've read, and some I haven't got to yet. Mike Caros, Book of Poker Tells... Its really good and lets you in on little things that will tell you to fold your hand, or raise em all in. David Skylanskys, Theory of Poker... Doyle Brunsons, Super Systems 2... They call Brunsons Super Systems books the Poker Bible. I've skimmed through it, and read a little hear and there. I don't like to read two books at once, so when I finish my current book, Im a hit up that one next.

4) When will Hondo's see the next phase of the Team logo?

I don't know... Jax is workin on a logo, and he's using the Wu Tang logo for the W in WhoDey. The first draft looked really good, it just needs to be tweeked a lil more.. I want a couple logos, so if anyone has ideas, or wants to whip one up there self it would be much appreciated.

Nice... I see it didn't get much attention, but still cool.  Was that the beginning of the poker nights in Sweetwater?

Yeah, basically, because after a few games by Duado & friends, i thought it was a great idea for drinks, music, seein friends & playin poker. Nowadays its smaller and less musical outdoors, but the booze & company's good.

Well, the requirements for joining Team WhoDey is 1.  You gotta be good or fairly decent, with the intentions of learning and playing the game to the best you can.  What I want to do with Team WhoDey is start going to local events, and takin over the whole tourney, or card room, wherever we go.  It would be tight as fuck if every tournament that we entered, atleast one of us from the crew, make it to the final table of win the whole thing.  I wanna monopolize these events with my Team, fuck everybody else.

Sounds like a good idea, but if the whole table's allies, wont there be fewer marks/outside $? Sounds like an intricate hustle, so i dont wanna blow up anyone's spot here, lemme know.

PS you gonna use Wu-names or somethin? Cause if i make varsity squad, "Ghostface Nickel" or whatever's a cool place to start.

I don't know...  Jax is workin on a logo, and he's using the Wu Tang logo for the W in WhoDey.  The first draft looked really good, it just needs to be tweeked a lil more..  I want a couple logos, so if anyone has ideas, or wants to whip one up there self it would be much appreciated.

Yeah, Jax's logo looks hot. If you want more options, i can ask MetalHeart, or make a request on her thread or soemthin if youve got more specific ideas, just lemme know. We could have small gif's in our sigs too.

Sounds like a good idea, but if the whole table's allies, wont there be fewer marks/outside $? Sounds like an intricate hustle, so i dont wanna blow up anyone's spot here, lemme know.

PS you gonna use Wu-names or somethin? Cause if i make varsity squad, "Ghostface Nickel" or whatever's a cool place to start.

Well chances are the tournament will be sizable, and if a lot of us do find ourselves at the same table, then the folks that aren't with us are completley fucked. It will be nearly impossible to avoid confrontation with someone on the squad... It just wouldn't be as confrontational as it would be with another.

I'ma just roll wit WhoDey... If you wanna be Ghostface Nickel I will support your transition into the new you. The Wu W is just a cool idea cause its Team WhoDey... ya know. You need to get your game up on CDPoker, then we'll talk about bringin ya off the bench... :D

Like I said, anyone who has a good idea about a logo, hook it up. I wish I had more images that I thought was cool to get it started but I just haven't found any.

Newer version. Simpler, monotone. Easy to take this and make it glow, or metallic, or any color you like. Just need to know if you liek the shape, the font of the letters, and the placement of the letters. If you liek that, we can move forward with the effects.

pokahroom.gif

- The JXA

Maybe for the second logo we could put piles of chips behind it, or butt loads of cash....? I don't know, I want it to be simple and not a whole lot goin on in it.. Also I want the disabled logo somewhere, whether it be noticeable, or discreat, but somewhere.

Yeah MH, you are very good creating these things, (like the signatures and stuff). If ya wanna hook a wheeler up, it would be much appreciated. I know a lot of people have asked you to make stuff, and I didn't really wanna swamp ya down, but I would appreciate it!

Jax, keep up the good work lil buddy.

Archived