Hondo's Bar

Dear Isa...

Ok..so after much thought as to what the name of my questions thread should be...this is all I could come up with. If any of you have suggestions let me know.

ANYWHOO....So, you have questions, and I will have answers. Don't be afraid to ask me anything. I am going to be more than happy to answer your questions.

:D

Nowww....go.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yay Im so excited for you....

What are your favorite type of questions?

Yay...my first questions.. :D

Any actually...as long as it's not what do you like to do for fun. I hate that question.

What do you like to talk about all the time no matter what time of day it is or what you're doing?

Music, & Anime. I am a big music fan. That and sex, I can't help it. I actually like to educate myself as much as I can on these subjects. heh :D

What's your favortie meal to cook? to eat?

I don't have a favorite one to cook because I love to cook, but if I had to pic a specific one, I'd have to say Chicken Fettucini Alfredo just because it's one of my favorite meals. However, my all time favorite hands down is my mom's Curry Ox tail, white rice, black beans, and platano maduros. yummm :D I need to learn to make it like she does, it's the best.

Ugh...I hate curry!

Dear Isa...

My Hunny just lost his job but I seem to be more worried than he is. Should I be supportive that he wants to sit on his ass for a few weeks collecting his checks or should I be more adamant about him finding a new job?

Am I selfish because this now dampens my plans for us moving in together?

Do you think that Hunny & I will get married?

Am I asking too many questions?

Ugh...I hate curry!

Dear Isa...

My Hunny just lost his job but I seem to be more worried than he is.  Should I be supportive that he wants to sit on his ass for a few weeks collecting his checks or should I be more adamant about him finding a new job? 

Am I selfish because this now dampens my plans for us moving in together? 

Do you think that Hunny & I will get married? 

Am I asking too many questions?

Seeing how I know Hunny, I think you should let him take like a week off (or two) and then get on his ass about getting another job. I mean it's going to be better in the long run for him to have a week off and then get a job. He needs to destress a bit.

I don't think you are being selfish but realistic because you were ready to take that step with him. Plus he agreed to it also.

I do believe that you and Hunny will get married. Just stick around for 3 more years and he will I ask. Trust me I know he and I have had disscussions on marriage and what not.

No. You never can ask too many questions. :D

What made you look at Hondo's and think "this place needs another question thread"? Do you also drive around Miami thinking to yourself "This place needs more uninsured drivers"?

Nothing really...I just wanted my own. :D

No I don't. :D Remember my friend I live in Hialeah. Where the cuban coffee is strong and the drivers ALL got their license at the Flea Market...

:D Opalakaaaaaaaaaaa Hialeahhhhhhh...damn flea market advertisements..

Dear Isa,

1) Why are some chicks - lets say, those who's name might rhyme with Aarty-the-one-gal-party - in such a hurry to reach ball-and-chainhood? My views on marriage aside, arent we all in our early/mid-20's or so, talkin about spending more than as long as weve been alive so far with another person? I mean, if you really see yourself crapping yourself with this person in your 70's/80's, why the rush?

Dont just say "makin de babies" cause youve got a bit of the 30's for that too.

2) damn that radio jingle, its still in my head

Hialeah: what the fuck is goin on there? i know its cool to not speak english to the gringo there, but if its mostly cuban there, why do folks drive like its south america?

3) what are you most hyped/not so hyped about with your new baptist job?

4) Did RA ever holla back? Im dyin over here. One can only rebuild a SimCity so many times before the SNES gives out.

Dear Isa,

1) Why are some chicks - lets say, those who's name might rhyme with Aarty-the-one-gal-party - in such a hurry to reach ball-and-chainhood?  My views on marriage aside, arent we all in our early/mid-20's or so, talkin about spending more than as long as weve been alive so far with another person?  I mean, if you really see yourself crapping yourself with this person in your 70's/80's, why the rush?

Dont just say "makin de babies" cause youve got a bit of the 30's for that too.

Well see it all has to do with traditions. Aarty comes from a very traditional Catholic family. She's also very very much in love with Mario. :D Thanks to me...(I will forever give myself credit for that) With all that aside, women tend to want to get married more than most men. It's sort of a sense of security like he is going to be with you forever, forever, forever voice>, thats what scares most men though. As far as Aarty wanting to get married goes you'd have to ask her, because I've never really asked her, but I know that she does want to get married to him because she loves him. "He's her lobster!" They have spoken about marriage and how they want to get married. Making babies is definately not the answer for Aarty, I know she doesn't want to have one just yet. Plus some women have it drilled into their heads. Find a boyfriend, get married, move out, get preggers, and have many children and live with him for the rest of your life. I know that not everything is a happy ending but sometimes we just wish it could be.

Yes, Nick you are right we are a bit young, but in Cuba if you weren't at least engaged by the tender age of 17 or 18 they were calling you a spinster. I want to wait to get married, I have no rush, but I am getting older and settling down is something I am thinking about. (Babe if your reading this don't worry not just yet, lol.)

If your going to be with them untill you die, then why not start already. We are all going downhill anyways. Plus they say that after 25 the years pile on like it's too much foundation on a woman that doesn't know how to apply make-up properly. (Better yet like a pile drive from a professional wrestler)

2) damn that radio jingle, its still in my head

Hialeah: what the fuck is goin on there?  i know its cool to not speak english to the gringo there, but if its mostly cuban there, why do folks drive like its south america?

Mannn...if I knew when I moved over from Cali that Miami was infested with Cubans and a particular part was swarming with "Cubanasos," as my friends and I graciously call them, I assure you I would of not moved to "Hialeah, Mierda, Tierra, y Factoria." Don't think that your the only one that struggles with the language barrier here, cause I assure, you once again, that even I have trouble understanding people through their thick accents. Plus half the people here in Hialeah have recieved their license at the Flea Market. (I really was not kidding about that.) Also if you ever go to Cuba and ride in a car...you will see why they drive like they are in South America. The streets have pot holes the size of a human body, half of the traffic signs don't work, they are speed deamons in these tiny cars that almost look like vespas and the traffic police officers don't do shit but sit on their asses cause they don't make enough money to make ends meat!!(THANK GOD I only rode in one car that looked like that.) And don't get me started on the Coco Taxi's.

cocotaxi.jpg

3) what are you most hyped/not so hyped about with your new baptist job?

MY SCRUBS!!! I can't wait to get cute ones with eeyore's, snoopies, lilo and stitch, the incredibles, and many more. Yes a uniform!!! That and I am always going to be in Kendall so on my sisters days off (and when I buy my car) I can swing by my God Son's house and hug him, feed him, carry him. heh....Besides I want to meet new people and save up money to buy a car too. (I am in desperate need of one)

4) Did RA ever holla back?  Im dyin over here.  One can only rebuild a SimCity so many times before the SNES gives out.

YES SHE DID...I didn't pm you cause I asked her in her lovely thread. She said she sent it and I should be recieving it anyday now. So if anything I can take it to work and maybe even hand it to LL and she can give it to you.

Very informative.

1) is one of the reasons you crazy dames are in such a hurry to rush "forever" becasue you know shit's goin south? Ive known healthy chicks to look dead-sexy in up to the mid 30's but it takes a lot more work than most women'll do.

So, is a big parf of the fear your "foundation piling on" theory, while us guys often look more dignified as we age?

2) Speakin of which, as i get older & lose my hair and all the bad eating habits catch up with me, what are my odds of pullin off a Bruce Willis? Cause ima do it.

3) by 17-19?! what's the life expectancy out that way?

remind me to tell you a few things bout baptist next time i sees you. holla when you get them games!

Very informative.

1) is one of the reasons you crazy dames are in such a hurry to rush "forever" becasue you know shit's goin south?  Ive known healthy chicks to look dead-sexy in up to the mid 30's but it takes a lot more work than most women'll do.

So, is a big parf of the fear your "foundation piling on" theory, while us guys often look more dignified as we age?

Well some women don't want to be old parents. I mean I know I don't want to be 60 and have a 18 year old child. Not all of us can look like Cher at 65. (I still think she sold her soul to the devil for that one.)

The "foundation piling on" theory was to be used as a metaphor. Plus have you seen how some men age, most men look worse than women do as they age. Hopefully you wont be one of those.

2) Speakin of which, as i get older & lose my hair and all the bad eating habits catch up with me, what are my odds of pullin off a Bruce Willis?  Cause ima do it.

Well if you start using A LOT of moisturizer sure, you can pull it off as long as you change your diet, exercise right, and take care of your ever changing skin. :D

3) by 17-19?! what's the life expectancy out that way?

remind me to tell you a few things bout baptist next time i sees you.  holla when you get them games!

My Grandmother is 71 she was married at 17 she had 5 kids and has 4 grandkids. Two which are Madelyn and myself. Also my mom is 48 and I am 24. Most of the old couples that get married that young are still together, at least the ones from Cuba do. I know a couple that has been married for 50 years. (When I heard that at church I was like wow! Thats a shit load of years and they didn't look that old.)

THE GAMES ARRIVED....AND SO DID MY CD!!! :D

:D  Here's the question of the hour... Where am I going to be living in 5 days if I really do get kicked out?

I see you renting a storage and living with Javiers parents until you get a place of your own. If you could of held off moving out for like 5 more months I would have soooo been your roommate. If you'd have me of course.

interesting...but wait:

1) Why do you find Cher to be anything but scary? Have you seen that face/lips, or heard the synthensized voice? She's scarier than thaggy, but dont tell him i said that.

2) You think women age better than men? Really? I mean, not the pot-bellied guys who smash beer cans on their head, i mean a fit guy who takes care of himself. Willis, Clooney, Connery etc - even baldness works out. Older chickcs get saggy knockers/ass, etc. Ive certainly seen dignified older women, but not a sexy one. What do you think?

3) Yeah, my diet needs work, but as i make more $ that'll improve. But im confused by my ever-changing skin. Its pretty much just as white as when we met it, no? Its got a bit more road rash, granted, but that's ok. Oh, i meant look like the motherfucker, not have his tan/complexion, if that's what youre shootin for. Let's be honest here, that aint happenin soon.

4) :D :D so uh when you gonna be in south dade anytime soon? im actually hittin sweetwater very possibly tonight...

interesting...but wait:

1) Why do you find Cher to be anything but scary?  Have you seen that face/lips, or heard the synthensized voice?  She's scarier than thaggy, but dont tell him i said that.

I do find her scarry...she's down right horrifying, but have you seen the womans skin? She has no wrinkles around her eyes and has a great body. Granted she has probably nipped and tucked her way there. Let's use Madonna then. She is what

45? A mother of two and looks fabulous. (Is that better example?)

2) You think women age better than men? Really? I mean, not the pot-bellied guys who smash beer cans on their head, i mean a fit guy who takes care of himself.  Willis, Clooney, Connery etc - even baldness works out.  Older chickcs get saggy knockers/ass, etc.  Ive certainly seen dignified older women, but not a sexy one.  What do you think?

It all depends on the person. Yes, Willis, Clooney, Connery, they all look great, yet they have one thing you don't the money to take care of their skin, pay personal trainers, and have professional Chef's to cook healthy balanced meals for them.

I can't say I find older women sexy. (But my boyfriend does :D) Yes, some of us do sag and what not, but there are some sexy older women out there. Madonna, again, for example.

3) Yeah, my diet needs work, but as i make more $ that'll improve.  But im confused by my ever-changing skin.  Its pretty much just as white as when we met it, no?  Its got a bit more road rash, granted, but that's ok.  Oh, i meant look like the motherfucker, not have his tan/complexion, if that's what youre shootin for.  Let's be honest here, that aint happenin soon.

No, sir. What I meant by ever changing skin is the fact that the sun, products that you may use on your skin, and various other variables that can affect your skin. Not that your white as milk. I knew that from the day I laid eyes on you.

4) :D :D so uh when you gonna be in south dade anytime soon? im actually hittin sweetwater very possibly tonight...

I am going to be at Baptist tomorrow. I wont be going anywhere near Sweetwater tonight.

Yeah, Cher & Madonna niptucked like everything im guessin. My skin's gonna be all aces by me if i just manage not to get skin cancer, i think.

You think Bruce has great skin? he's got crows eyes or feet or whatever you call them. Anyway, i guess skin's important, id like to have more interestin scars by then.

I am going to be at Baptist tomorrow. I wont be going anywhere near Sweetwater tonight.

Crap...ok so what time you at baptist? dammit, you might make me go there on a day off.. :D Mebbe i can talk to LL...

• 2 weeks later...

Generic questions, but I can never think of good questions...

Where do you see Cj and I in five years?

What musical artist has absolutely changed your life or the way you feel about something? If it was a specific song, what song and can lyrics be included?

What cd(s) do you have in your cd player right now, or if you don't have a cd player/don't use it anymore, what song is currently playing on your computer?

What would the Soundtrack to your life be?

You can use this survey template if you like:

Opening credits:

Waking up:

Average day: 

First date: 

Falling in love: 

Love scene: 

Fight scene: 

Breaking up: 

Getting back together: 

Secret love: 

Life's okay:

Mental breakdown:

Driving: 

Learning a lesson: 

Deep thought: 

Flashback: 

Partying:

Happy dance:

Regreting: 

Long night alone:

Death scene:

Closing credits:

Generic questions, but I can never think of good questions...

Where do you see Cj and I in five years?

I see you two moving out here to Florida with the entire Texas gang. Actually I think you two will be celebrating your 5 or 6 (I don't know how long you two crazy kids have been together.) anniversary. With a 1.5 family.

What musical artist has absolutely changed your life or the way you feel about something? If it was a specific song, what song and can lyrics be included?

Well it was actually Bjork. The first time I heard her Post Debut Cd, I fell in love with it. The song that has a huge affect on me is Hyperballad. I was in a very low slump and I found comfort in this song. If not Isobel also from that same Cd.

"Hyper Ballad"

we live on a mountain

right at the top

there's a beautiful view

from the top of the mountain

every morning i walk towards the edge

and throw little things off

like:

car-parts, bottles and cutlery

or whatever i find lying around

it's become a habit

a way

to start the day

i go through this

before you wake up

so i can feel happier

to be safe up here with you

it's real early morning

no-one is awake

i'm back at my cliff

still throwing things off

i listen to the sounds they make

on their way down

i follow with my eyes 'til they crash

imagine what my body would sound like

slamming against those rocks

and when it lands

will my eyes

be closed or open?

i'll go through all this

before you wake up

so i can feel happier

to be safe up here with you

What cd(s) do you have in your cd player right now, or if you don't have a cd player/don't use it anymore, what song is currently playing on your computer?

Maroon 5, Shakira (Laundry Service), Red Light District - Ludacris, Queen the greatest hits, Lit's greatest hits, Missy Elliot, Sean Paul - Dutty Rocks, and I can't rememeber the rest I have a 50 cd changer plus like 6 cds with just music on them. I also have a HUUUUGGGGEEEE folder with music, however it doesn't compare to my boyfriends.

What would the Soundtrack to your life be?

You can use this survey template if you like:

Opening credits: Morisson Poe - Glitter Girl

Average day: Norah Jones - Sunrise

First date: Amerie - One Thing

Falling in love: Bjork - It's Oh So Quiet

Love scene: Des'ree - Kissing You

Fight scene: Charlie Daniels Band - Devil Went Down To Georgia

Breaking up: Limp Bizkit - Break Stuff

Getting back together: Lumidee - I'll Never Leave You (Uh-Oh)

Secret love: Joss Stone - Dirty Man

Life's okay: Maroon 5 - The Sun

Mental breakdown: Dave Matthews Band - Where Are You Going

Driving: Jay-Z - The Black Album - Lollipop

Learning a lesson: Cake - Perhaps, Perhaps, Perhaps

Deep thought: Bette Midler - The Rose

Flashback: Cake - Friend is A Four Letter Word

Partying: Ivy Queen - Yo Quiero Bailar

Happy dance: Will Smith - Switch

Regreting: limp bizkit - behind blue eyes

Long night alone: Britney Spears - Touch of my hand

Death scene: Dave Matthews band-Grave Digger

Closing credits: Eagles - Hotel California

I will have you know this was difficult...there are so many songs that I would have loved to use.

Archived