Hondo's Bar

Weezer

What's =w= best record?  

11 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm leaning towards Weezer. Pinkerton and The Green Album are good, but both are too short. At least The Blue Album breaks the 40 minute mark. The Green album is under 30 minutes! What the fuck is that!? Bullshit, that's what. Still haven't got Make Belive, but I'm guessing it's the goods.

Only in Dreams is the shit. I think it's my favorite track on that album. In between molecules of oxygen and carbon dioxide! And I wouldn't care if they released an album with nothing but one 45 minute song on it, and album's play time is going to become a factor when deciding between great albums like this. Except for the Violent Femmes. I don't give a shit that that album is just 35 minutes, it's one of the best records of all time.

Did you pick up the Blue special edition? That was fucking great. Another thing about Weezer that pisses me off is that some of their best songs aren't even on any records. Weezer Nation had fucking hundreds of unreleased tracks (including "Songs from the Black Hole", what "Pinkerton" would've become if they had've gone with the original plan of the rock opera) but they're down at the minute. It's a damn shame. You gotta hear "Prodigy Lover" and "Lover in the Snow". Great fucking tracks. "Prodigy Lover" is on the DVD too though.

Weezer.com has had it linked to them for the longest time though. As it was all demos direct from the studio I'm sure that there was some link in there.

I'd say as soon as the heat from "Make Believe" cools down it'll be back up. If not I'll be pissed. I never make backup copies of anything and now I pay the price.

It's hard to say which is the best album. Plus I've only really listened to Make Believe which I fucking love the first two songs, and Pinkerton. I hear that the Blue album is good and the green album too. I think they should already have a best of CD. Who's got B-sides?!

Yo, 2Track, gave Make Believe my first listen today. Sounds like the type of album that will grow on my, so I'm gonna give it time. Lots of songs don't sound very Weezery, which is upseting, because Weezer is the first place I go to for Weezery songs. They're like my #1 source for Weezerity. Freak Me Out didn't jump right out and grab me on the first listen though. good shit. I'll report back soon.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...