Hondo's Bar

Greatest Comic Casting Call 2

Da Cap'n

Who was casted best for the role of these comic book characters?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I guess this is a strictly new-school poll. No Chistopher Reeves or Adam West.

This is between Maguire, McKellen, and Stewart. I actually thought Affleck was great in Daredevil, especially int eh performances cut from the theatrical version, but great even in teh theatrical release. That movie had other problems.

Hmm, some tough ones. Getting Jackman for Wolvy was a coup, but he is a little tall, so he's not completely perfect. I'm kinda sad Colin Farrell didn't make the list for Bullseye. I thought he fit the character much better than Jen Garner did hers. And for the record, I agree with Jax that Affleck did a much better job as Matt Murdock than anybody gives him credit for. I'm gonna have to think this one over a bit. I'm torn between Patrick Stewart, Ron Perlman and giving Affleck (or the devil, in this case) his due.

Alfred Molina gave a bollocks(but strangely A-grade) Spiderman villian dignity & commanded re5tecp. Between that, Patrick Stewart & Christian Bale it was a tough call. Can we have a secondary poll for worst casting calls? Jackman(too tall), McKellen(too old), Reeves(too... BLONDE!!! well that & american), etc etc.

the "mckellen = too old" complaint dont hold water; he's an awesome :eh: for those not lookin for a jim lee "guy in his late 50's with a sixpack"...and its not Jackman's fault he's not a midget; take it from a :yup: fan - go back, even to part 1 in the barfight scene...he did his homework, from the look to the moves. No way was he bad.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks mate. The Magneto I wanna pay to see can mix it up as well as stand there all regal & shit. I want someone to knock that bald bastard outta his chair & throw him down a flight of stairs!!! Seriously tho, I'da liked to see the Jim Lee type Mags. How many more years're we gonna get outta McKellen anyways?

And Wolverine? Amputate Jackman at the knees, keep him in a 3" cage & feed him nothing but yoghurt for the next six months. Routine beatings & being jacked off by Dolph Lundgren should get him in character for the Wolvie I wanna see.

Affleck can't act. So I can't give him props for DD. I didn't buy him as DD. He just wasn't good enough to play Matt Murdock. He just didn't have the depth to pull it off. Jackman on the other hand

perfectly embody the character.

You say Jackman is to big for wolvie, if that's the case Affleck isn't a red head so he's all wrong for the part.

Why does everyopne hate Affleck so much? Is it one of those 'he was in like 8 movies in one year' market saturation knee-jerk reactionary spite things? So the man has been it about 3 times as many sucky movies as he has been in good ones, who cares? He's still cool himself. And he can act, he just often chooses to skip that aspect of being in movies.

You say Jackman is to big for wolvie, if that's the case Affleck isn't a red head so he's all wrong for the part.

I didn't say he was too big, I said he was too tall. If anything, he's a little scrawny for what I've always pictured for Wolvy.

An' yeah, Affleck can act, he just needs to be in a good movie to do it. I guess that might say something about his talent that he's not able to rise above the material, but come on...even Ed Norton couldn't pull off a good performance in a stinker like The Italian Job, so what do people expect of Affleck when he gets stuff like Pearl Harbor. If Affleck is bad at anything, it's choosing projects. But even at that, he isn't as bad as people think. His biggest flops were from some of the most respected directors. Gigli was a Martin Brest film (even Al Pacino was lured into that mess, but no one gave him a hard time). Bounce was written and directed by Don Roos (fresh off The Opposite of Sex). Paycheck was John Woo. Hell, even the dreaded Reindeer Games was the last film of the great John Frankenheimer. And in between those he's put in some truly good performances in Chasing Amy, Boiler Room, Changing Lanes, Jersey Girl and yes, for what it was, even Daredevil. I don't think the guy's gonna be winning any acting oscars anytime soon, but he hasn't earned all the ridicule either, not when there are far more deserving schmucks in Hollywood.

• 1 month later...

Hi Everybody, im new around here... About the role of Ben Afleck as DD, i want to say that: he was ok. When i saw the movie for the first time (and when i see it again), i have always the same feeling. That he gaves the character a dark side (not to strong like bats, but something like that). Personally I think, Mr Afleck has done so many bad movies and its better to him to retire now.

About :devil: I think that Mr Mc Kellan was very good.He IS Erik Lehnsherr. The only thing that i hate about the X movies is the fact that magneto always flies in a fucking helicopter with the bad guys....What the FUCK is that????

Magneto can fly without the help of a dam chopper...but that's another thing. It has nothing to see with the performance of Mc Kellan.....

Magneto_gay.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
im one of the ones who thought Mckellen did a fine Magneto

I think that Mr Mc Kellan was very good.He IS Erik Lehnsherr. The only thing that i hate about the X movies is the fact that magneto always flies in a fucking helicopter with the bad guys....What the FUCK is that????

Magneto can fly without the help of a dam chopper

He did a great job as :2T:. Yeah what the hell up with the damn helicopter anyway. For a guy who wants to wipe out us human he's such a lazy ass bitch.

I have to agree about Ben, I mean look at this!

ben_dd.jpg

He has this 'scared deer', 'I made a doodie', and 'I hope no one notices the dead hooker in my trailer' look on his face!

But yeah, onto Magnus, he nailed it. Although the costume looked pretty heavy on him, the acting was supurb! I mean who else could have preformed so close to what we imagined reading the comic? Well, besides David Hasselhoff :2T:

Besides, if all the special effects/visual budgets was blown on the costume for Rebecca Romijn-Stamos, well a helicoper is fine. Hell, give him a megaphone to shout from the helicopter... rwarh ^^

mystique.jpeg

Archived