Hondo's Bar

Webspace

The NZA

Just wanted to let my fellow Hondonians know that weve been upgraded; our previous 400 MB of webspace is now 1 gig. Being that we use slightly over 300 MB, were looking at a wee bit shy of 700 MB left.

A few quick things on this:

-Dont go crazy with the uploads, were at a decent pace right now.

-Im thinking of giving most member groups more room for Private Messages....mind you, no one really needs more than 100, but at least our older members shouldnt worry about this as much.

-Given the space - and the fact i took down all non-member made MP3s (read: *missarah*'s), there's room to toss things around, like we talked about here. Not entire movies or anything, but say, an album or something, up for a week for fellow members, if you guys want - we can transfer several gigs worth of info each month, and we usually dont come anywhere near our limits.

So yeah, im not doing anything big until we finally get our new Member Profiles up, because ive no idea how large that'll be. But in the meantime, thought we should all know there's more room now, and our rent's still the same.

• 1 year later...

ok, so, i was hoping it'd take longer to reach this point, but...we're running out of space.

Hondo's server allows for 1 gig right now, and were at less than 30 MB left. I freed up 100 MB a month or so back and hopes that'd be enough room for a bit (after all, the new stuff is always just uploaded images) but i shouldve limited the upload attatchments more stringently, as a few of you are attatching huge digi-cam pics without editing them down, so until i can find some more fat to trim (which might take a bit, as ive cut the easy stuff already), im asking you guys to upload your things somehwere else for the time.

Your options include FlickR, Imageshack, Photobucket and anything else that allows hotlinking. Weve got a public Honod's Bar account already at Photobucket, PM me for details if you want the username/pass.

Sorry it came this quick, ill try to see what we can do to get back on track cause there's a lot of pics i like hosting here, but help out where you can in the meantime.

stillb, lemme know if you got ideas, i was meaning to ask - if we thumbnail the images in the main photo gallery, would that take a lot of room? I'm hoping to add that feature soon, your art gallery thing worked beauitfully.

thanks man; thatps pretty much it. its up to me, basically, to weed through the old uploads and try to make space. ill likely disable uploads by tonight for those that dont see this until i have the issue fixed, but yeah, aside from donations, you guys're doing what you can, i appreciate it.

you know, being at work and coming here, id love to do that. you dont know how annoying it is to see the tagline "HOLY SHIT LOOK AT THE RACK ON THIS ONE" and then the video's blocked. it breaks my wee heart.

wow, freed up 100 MB just from spam mail that somehow got archived...ok, so were still running low but not on empty, so no extra charges this month, which is good.

when ive some time, im gonna trim the extra shit on the profiles down, that should help as well.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

well, ok, so, nobody listened when i asked ya'll to stop uploading things, and now we're out of space, again.

so, once again:

please upload all your pictures/etc to Photobucket, Imageshack, or anywhere but here. We've a mere 1GB of space and its gone, mostly to pictures of sub-par men and women in the "hot" threads (well done, jumbie). Again, do not upload your things here until i give the OK again to do so.

yes god yes, please hotlink. wait, you mean, hotlink images hosted here already? oh, yeah, we got tons of transfer space each month, so if its already here, that's fine. I thought about disabling that, but we get google hits that way sometimes too, and it doesnt (yet) seem to slow us down, so go nuts.

you mean from external places? remember, theyre hosted elsewhere, so they dont reflect on us at all. I.E., if my avatar's on my photobucket account, every time one of youse loads a page with my avatar on it, they take the hit.

and even if youre loading stuff that's hosted here, again, hits arent our problem, its space for new shit. Text is quite small, images arent often huge (we usually have .jpg's less than 1 MB) but they do add up.

Archived