Hondo's Bar

The Shield

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

No Idea, but you can finally sigh at least one of relief that I've finally posted here, what now that I've actually seen more'n 3 episodes together. So is Season 5 on DVD? Lani loves this shit as much as I do, & we've been watching 1&2(due to availability we watched 2 first & are now on season 1), and on Nick's reccomendation I'ma do the rounds this weekend pick up whatever else I can.

man, its like pullin teeth.

All up to 5 should be on DVD, i got them all offa mininova.org i believe, but deleted em when i was done, sorry.

Says wiki:

Season 6 is scheduled to start showing on FX on April 3rd 2007, after the initial run of the new FX series, Dirt. Creator Shawn Ryan had previously stated this may be the last season, but on June 5, 2006 FX announced The Shield has been renewed for a seventh and final season. Little is known about Season 6 at this point.

lotta firefighters watch this one too apparently. Anyone who's caught up knows the shit severly hit the fan at the end of last season and this one's all gonna be about the fallout...i cant wait.

• 2 months later...

Season 6 is on, baby!

Started back up on tuesday, just caught the episode...

Vic and Kavannaugh finally coming head to head is what ive been waiting for...i like Whitaker, i just dont know how much longer they can run with him.

There's definitely story left to tell with Dutch & co in the background, but with Mackie being pushed into early retirement, how can they possibly keep this going another season beyond this?

Theyve got to be saving the truth about Shane for a hell of a finale.

Till Gypsy or :misty: come back, its just me and Skeet, and i dont think he's caught up, so ill likely be talking to myself here, and still be hyped.

I just learned that Maxim has the inbetween episode of Seasons 5 and 6.

I like this kinda thing, i dig it when 24 and Rescue Me both do it, but this one was particularly great...anyone who saw the gut-wrenching season 5 finale knows there's a lot more to be said. and this 15 minute episode, its not so much meant as hype for the next season, but its an important piece, flashing back to better times and all. I really hope they include this on the DVD.

Wins & Losses

NONONONONO

by no means should you check that link if you havent caught the end of season 5. Seriously, youll ruin everything man.

if you want, im prolly gonna need to download mpegs of seasons 2-5 to show Sen or someone, i can always send you a copy if youre not getting the show anytime soon over there.

finally caught the 2nd episode of this season...this mayve been one of the single best episodes of the series, i think.

Vic's suicide run for revenge goes deeper than it has in the past, almost to Ennis-Punisher territory as far as balls and cunning. Much like rumors had said, Kavanaugh was dealt with a lot quicker this season than expected...Whitaker didnt do as much for me when he was heated & emotional in parts of season 5, but the final scene of this one - his quiet exchange with Mackey - was excellent, and some of the best character/acting i think ive seen from the show.

Again, things are moving fast, and the quality of this season so far is among the best of the show. I still cant see how they envision 1 more season past this one, but im excited.

yeah, you really, really shouldnt read em. seriously.

and ill have you know, im workin right now, but at home, Season 2 is downloading, with seasons 3-5 seeds just waiting their turn. i decided between you, Sen, and anyone else interested, i wanted to have this one on disc, so itll be ready soon.

Wicked-awesome. Like I say, 1st two seasons are the well-worn parts of my DVD house, 3 arrives late May and I've already pre-ordered and I was looking to pick up a dirt-cheap DVD player on which to watch Region 1 imports from the States of 4-5 if need be, but if St Nick's got the pirated answer, I really gotta mail out those figures, Doop, the token engagement party invites from last November, and Postcards from Sydney.

So Season 3 actually came out a week ago & once I found out i just about shat myself. Only 5 eps in and it's weird that there was no real closure from all the season 2 cliffhangers, but whatevs. Based on an episode I saw on TV a few weeks ago(dunno what season but there was a cute undercover gal, Forrest Whittaker was talking to Corrine about Vic & Dutch looked like dogshit.

Danny was also pregnant I think

), and what Nick's been hyping, shit is going to hit the fan in the worst way. I'm not hooked, line & sinker on Season 3 yet, but then it IS contending with Guitar Hero.

Trust me, stick with season 3: its all about the fallout from 2's finale. i wont lie, its got ramifications going into 4 for chrissakes - its not dealt with yet, fear not.

also, dont watch anymore commercials if you can. were about 3 episodes into season 6 and i gotta say, if youre up to date it some of the best shit on television. im working on torrenting season 4 as we speak, so figure by the time 5's done, six shoudl be further in, im debating just letting the season run out and comitting it all to disc to send it off. If you only get half of six, i dont know that youd forgive me.

Totally. Guitar Hero is the sole thing that inhibited me sending the yank-pack this weekend. I know, I know, full've excuses leaves no room for love, but it will happen. If you had a 360 you could indian-wrestle Arch for the copy of Oblivion coming in there too. :2T:

• 2 weeks later...

Alright So I may have spoken a lot of smack about this show early on without really giving it a real good try. At first I thought this show was going to episodic... you know, in the sense that episodes don't really connect with one another... but this shows got some interesting perspectives in law, human pysche, moral issues, loyalty, and friendships. DRAMA! DRAMA DRAMA!!

THe pilot episode ALMOST didn't sell me just cuz at the end of the episode they played kid rock's song and I'm like, "WOW this show is so fucking lame!" But then, the last shot got me hooked. So, I've caught up to season 3, starting 4 soon.

Characters:

I hate Shane, he needs to go fuck himself and his oversized teeth.

Vic's cool and gets shit done but sometimes I gotta side with Lemonhead guy when the strike team takes it a bit far. (oh and I think Ronnies a hawtie, when he's got a beard)

BUT, My favorite character is Claudette. She's fucking amazing.

OMG!! A season 3 buddy! Season 3 BFF4E!!!!

I'll agree that Shane's made some bad decisions lately and is wearing a little thin

I miss Tevon soo goddamned much!! And Mara needs a visit from Dr Nick & his wicked-awesome rolling abortion clinic

but I'm hoping things will all come right. Ronnie's the fucking man, and Lem's a really good guy, if not a little well-meaning-stupid

a million-fucking-dollars Lem!!! WHYYYYYYY!!!!?!?!?!?!

, couldn't find a better team conscience though.

...exactly. oh, the places they'll go!

1 episode away from being caught up; im sure sen can verify later tomorrow here, but season six is very fast and very dark. I really didnt expect the show to pay off this much at this point, but im all kinds of impressed with it, and excited that we got one season left.

not to slight on claudette, but right now, the farm's wishing theydve kept glenn close around.

i know youre readin em, its why i cant really say anyhing too heavy till this season finishes and theyre on their way to your place.

AND WAIT TILL YOU SEE THE SEASON 5 FINALE HOLY CHRIST see you just looked again, man.