Hondo's Bar

Marvel: Civil War

The NZA

Civil War  

28 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

theyve already announced 2 seperate avenger books for next year, and if you look at the lineup? one is the pro-reg, one is the anti.

There's already created TWO DIFFERENT BOOKS! Wow! There's never made a whole new book for a fracture in the traditional mythology unless they planned to make it a permanent part of the canon.

WebSS1.JPG

WebSS2.JPG

WebSS3.JPG

WebSS4.JPG

10341_2_001.jpg

1.jpg

1.jpg

They have SIX Scarlet Spider Titles! Scarlet Spider, Amazing Scarlet Spider, Spectacular Scarlet Spider, Sensational Scarlet Spider, Web of Scarlet Spider, and Scarlet Spider Unlimited. If they 2099 series had still been running at the time, I'm sure we would have seen Scarlet Spider 2099. If those titles had run for at least a year, we would have gotten a Giant Size Scarlet Spider. Don't go telling me that because they will now have two Avenger books, that in 20 years, this will still have an event on the Marvel Universe dynamic.

PS I bougth EVERY SINGLE ONe of those Scarlet Spider titles. They are worth 30 cents over the cover price in MINT condition!

Edited by Jack's Meandering Thoughts

PS I bougth EVERY SINGLE ONe of those Scarlet Spider titles. They are worth 30 cents over the cover price in MINT condition!

Would you like to buy a copy of X-Force #1? I was using them to build a wall around my house but I would gladly sell you one. I think they're up to being worth a nickel now.

All the 90s Marvel comics are worth jack shit, not because of quailty (though that certainly didn't help many of them) it was because Marvel realizing that people collected comics (sometimes even multiples of the same book) they mass printed them to ridiculous numbers and people just didn't buy enough, hell they went bankrupt.

Ly, where'd you download it?

You can likely find it at

http://www.Isohunt.com

and

Z-cult

I got mine at http://www.demonoid.com (just click torrents, and narrow your search to comics). It had its own torrent, and was part of the most recent DCP torrent.

You'd probably be better off going to isohunt if you're not registered at demonoid or z-cult. just go there and use the search function.

Edited by Lycaon

....isn't IC registered at one of those two?

I believe so. If you wait until later tonight (sometime after midnight), you can register at Demonoid (its open for some time every Friday). They have a... well I've pimped the site already elsewhere. Let's just say that its worth your time.

Y'all're gonna burn in hell with John Byrne & Rob Liefeld. On the upside I hear Byrne keeps his nutsack smooth as silk with a wax made of the collected tears of Xmen & Spiderman fans the world over who read chapter One & whatever the last Xmen peesashit was he coughed out of his puckered rosebud(Joe Casey help's keep it moisturised too, 'cause that's just how Joe Casey Rolls) & semen running fresh from the chins of eleven-year-old whores forced into such rough custom by comic creators everywhere, robbed of their hard-earned cash by :???: like you. God I wish I had photoshop to be able to show you this, but then that's probably for the better since WhiteRasta got lynched by the FBI for pimping his underaged sisters & cousins to filth like Nicholas, and we don't need more FBI attention do we now?

Edited by Skeeter

Y'all're gonna burn in hell with John Byrne & Rob Liefeld. On the upside I hear Byrne keeps his nutsack smooth as silk with a wax made of the collected tears of Xmen & Spiderman fans the world over who read chapter One & whatever the last Xmen peesashit was he coughed out of his puckered rosebud(Joe Casey help's keep it moisturised too, 'cause that's just how Joe Casey Rolls) & semen running fresh from the chins of eleven-year-old whores forced into such rough custom by comic creators everywhere, robbed of their hard-earned cash by :???: like you. God I wish I had photoshop to be able to show you this, but then that's probably for the better since WhiteRasta got lynched by the FBI for pimping his underaged sisters & cousins to filth like Nicholas, and we don't need more FBI attention do we now?

Are you one of those people who gets drunk and becomes dementedly genius or are you actually like this all day?

I wasn't disappointed. Less action than I woulda liked but I guess they gotta flesh out the story at some point.

And Ly? You call that a spoiler? Folks can check out that spoiler without reading the ish- it's what's expected.

I gotta say, I was a little more excited about 100 Bullets this month... Astonishing Xmen's just getting surreal.

All the 90s Marvel comics are worth jack shit, not because of quailty (though that certainly didn't help many of them) it was because Marvel realizing that people collected comics (sometimes even multiples of the same book) they mass printed them to ridiculous numbers and people just didn't buy enough, hell they went bankrupt.

Even the first appearence of Carnage?

But seriously, comic-piracy is my big soapbox- that & cannibalism.

I understand your feelings on this issue. But, since I intend to perchase when I have money, and I don't make money off of what I download, I don't download using violence or the threat of violence (and I don't download from my pimped-out ship in the Caribbean)... is it really piracy?...yar.

So I just read Number 5.

Damn.

Is there anything else that came out with this, Ly?

New Avengers #25 seems to be the only one directly tied to the Civil War story. But they did say

Here you go, thank the scanners and don't forget to buy what you read. It's a big week so expect another one as soon as more is scanned, be patient and save yourself the trouble of asking if this or that's scanned because get here the minute it is cool? Alright enjoy!

I wasn't disappointed. Less action than I woulda liked but I guess they gotta flesh out the story at some point.

And Ly? You call that a spoiler? Folks can check out that spoiler without reading the ish- it's what's expected.

I gotta say, I was a little more excited about 100 Bullets this month... Astonishing Xmen's just getting surreal.

Its out of consideration. I've known people that don't even like to know the title of an episode they'll watch, for example. A bit extreme, but just in case.

first, the haytors, then the post.

In other words they're gonna ride this horse until they're sitting on nothing but a saddle and a pile of bones. Ah, this is the Marvel comics I remember, the ones who went bankrupt because they overmarketed X-Force. "Hey we're selling lots of these books, let's milk this sumbitch for all it's worth." mark my words, eventually they're gonna get tired of playing superhero congress and go back to the way things were. Because the number one rule is, no matter how big, no matter how fucked up things get, they will ALWAYS go back to normal. Plus Sentry just seems like the perfect cop-out ending to this one.

...I'm not saying it's not a cool event, the Clone Saga was a cool event, Secret Wars was a cool event. But history dictates that once they go over their origional deadline for the end it degenerates into crap, old writers leave and are replaced by bad ones. By 2007 it will be Civil War written and drawn by Rob Liefeld. I like this idea, I've just seen Marvel mess up with something cool like this before in the pursuit of money and I like this series I just see where it's going and for chrissake I hope I'm wrong but it's happened before several times.

what a bunch of crap!

Marvel's a business. they need to make money to stay alive, and theyre not exactly raking it in, neither is the rest of the industry.

so whereas we could easliy go back to the sytle over substance garbage of the mainstream 90's with creative teams switching at the drop of a hat, no trades, heavy editors fucking it up and nothing risky, fuck the writer on :ghost: once said it didnt matter if it was qulaity or not cause people'd buy it...

id say Joe Q and co have stepped things up considerably, but youre still bitching about past sins. Meanwhile, im gettin the most excting event ive seen since Age of Apocalypse, and already has promise of thigns not returning 100% back to normal.

This isnt the clone saga, you and jax comparing it to that is like me calling everyone nazis in philosophy: its a lowest common denominator argument. Civil War was delayed to fit in the tie-ins thatve been fiting in nicely, and ive yet to see a creative team switch off, most importantly Mcniven & Millar who're tearing it up. Seriously, look at it for what it is, not previous editor-in-chief's mistakes.

There's already created TWO DIFFERENT BOOKS! Wow! There's never made a whole new book for a fracture in the traditional mythology unless they planned to make it a permanent part of the canon.

OH GOD ITS ANOTHER CLONE JOKE BWAHAHA shit man are you even reading this book?

2 different books for avengers isnt a "wow new marvel books", it was meant to show there's a continuing shcism in the team dynamic, like a "i still dont wanna work with those fucks' kinda thing, which i like coming off of this event. that kinda shit happens in x-men mebbe, but not the avengers.

ill go you one better: if this is all undone somehow with no lasting effect? I still got one of the best storeis ive read in a mainstream book in more years than i can think of, and like most of you haters, im not even paying for it yet, but ill gladly buy the trade.

ps if youre still actually concerned with a books's worth, youre not getting it.

onto the serious bits:

Ly - thanks for spoiler tagging that, some of us appreciate it.

This issue really delivered, for me. it picked up right where Amazing left off (youve gotta read that book if yorue not; its pivotal shit), and was just great.

» Click to show Spoiler - click again to hide... «

again, this issue blew me away. Pro-reg fucks. :werewolf:

Ly - thanks for spoiler tagging that, some of us appreciate it.

Thanks.

This issue really delivered, for me. it picked up right where Amazing left off (youve gotta read that book if yorue not; its pivotal shit), and was just great.

again, this issue blew me away. Pro-reg fucks. :werewolf:

siht, was lookin forward to Iron Man, but i figure that'd be my impression too.

siht, was lookin forward to Iron Man, but i figure that'd be my impression too.

Well it may have slightly changed my perception from Iron Man being simply a backstabbing Uncle Tom to a backstabbing, whiny, narcissistic Uncle Tom-bitch.

READ THE INKREDIBLE HULK. Very important. Called Alliegance part 1 of 4.

I also just read New Avengers 25

Edited by archangel